Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Fett's new look kind of reminded me a lot of his old vintage figures (Which due to the technology of the time couldn't really do all the detail). https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339107046925289902/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Fett's new look kind of reminded me a lot of his old vintage figures (Which due to the technology of the time couldn't really do all the detail). https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339107046925289902/
    With the way they included the old troop transport from the toy line I'm thinking this was definitely something they did on purpose.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The bit with the TIE fighters and troops taking out the pirates kind of made me wish we had a series from the Imperial perspective. I feel dirty admiting that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The bit with the TIE fighters and troops taking out the pirates kind of made me wish we had a series from the Imperial perspective. I feel dirty admiting that.
    Having a series from the Imperial perspective would mean having some that are competent. It would go a long away in explaining how they maintained their control of the galaxy.

This episode kind of felt a bit like Rogue One-An infiltration mission, Shoretroopers, Mando and Mayfield's outfit was basically a repainted version of the tank driver etc.

There's also the Juggernaught, although this one seems to be a scaled down variant rather than the big one from ROTS and Rogue One. The concept art also had the cargo shuttle design as well.

Liked the Operation Cinder call out too. Seems like that was one step too far for a lot of Imperials (It's possible that a lot of regular army/navy wasn't aware of the Death Star, or bought into the propaganda that Alderaan was an accident or something) as seen in Battlefront II and Alphabet Squadron.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It was no coincidence they didn't show the Stormtroopers all in formation the way they're frequently presented. The cheering (and with people wearing at least several different types of uniforms) reminded me of the heroes' return the end of EpIV after they destroy the Deathstar. And of course they weren't in a usual "metallic grey with skinny vertical lights" setting that's associated with the Empire. All to make them sympathetic in this instance. (not that it saved them all from being blown up by a single well-placed shot... as is their lot in life )

Extraordinary Member

Great episode. The action early on was great, especially when you could tell that Din’s so used to the superiority of Beskar he wasn’t ready for his Imp armor to crumble.

Howvere, the highlight for me was Migs and Din catching drinks with Richard “The First Night King and the Killer of Batman’s parents” Brake. You got Pascal showing how far Din’s willing to go for his kid, clearly being incapable of maintaining the necessary charade without his helmet, yet having Migs be the one who blows their cover.

Notice: this episode managed to make better use of a Game Of Thrones actor as a superior officer to an ex-Imperial protagonist, and without any fancy fight scene or infantile and condescending plotline. This is the kind of stuff that Finn should have been doing in TLJ.

And here’s the great thing I noticed about Migs’s comments about the Empire and New Republic - yeah, he gives the expected cynical and pessimistic speech with strong undercurrents of moral relativism when he and Din are simply infiltrating the base, sounding exactly like the kind of hipster critic of the New Republic you’d expect him to be...

...right up until he’s forced to face up to what the Empire really is once more, in the person of the eponymous believer.

Then it’s all just silently but violently going “Kriff this, kriff you, and kriff the Empire!”, before he goes above and beyond their objective parameters... and gets rewarded by gaining his freedom.

It arguably demonstrates the simple, very real truth that Mayfield may subconsciously realize but vocally denounce - while the Republic can be Gray in morality, they’re still leagues better and incomparable to the pitch dark lightlessness of the Empire’s morality.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Loved how Din used Moff Gideons speech from last season. He’s coming to get his kid!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    If those Officers would've witnessed Mando fighting on top of that tank. They would have known he wasn't a trooper from the jump. This is probably the only show on tv right now with consistently good action.
    Funnily enough, Stormtroopers are a massive pain in the ass to move in. It doesn't get any better with clones either. If you want to so much as even sit down comfortably you're not wearing a Stormtrooper. Din definitely made the right call with that suit. Although I'm surprised nobody said anything about the lens. Star Wars costumes do actually have halfway decent viewports. It's the bubble lenses the costumes have which make visibility awful. But the point I'm making here is that you can't actually look down in these. In order to actually see what's on the ground in front of you a trooper has to physically look down and the Tank trooper visor is very slim. So Mando actually had the movement but still had the handicap of not being able to look down.

Stairs a Stormtrooper's mortal enemy.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I never expected to emphasize with and feel for Mayfield after season 1, but boy does this show continue to surprise me .

And how about that Seismic Charge ?

Well geeze Bill Burr is one hell of an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never expected to emphasize with and feel for Mayfield after season 1, but boy does this show continue to surprise me .

I get as excited for that noise and the rolling, transformation and laser fire noises of the Droideka as most get for lightsabers and TIE fighter noises.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Right? I was fully expecting him to be irritating but damn, now I actually kind of like him.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Star Wars Theory thinks they might have figured out from the map in Episode 7 where Gideon is or might be going next.

I'm getting the feeling that Bo Katan's reluctance to tell Mando about the Darksaber may come back to bite her. If he kills Gideon and she isn't present three things could happen.

1. He discards the saber because he doesn't care and it's list forever.
    2. He holds on to it as a souvenir and the next time he visits The Blacksmith she instantly recognizes it and immediately begins to use it to unite Mandalorian society.it
    3. Fett keeps it.

All of these outcomes are bad for Bo Katan. Hopefully she is in the season finale.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-12-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest