Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Considering she's after Gideon I suspect she'll show up at the same time as Din. He might even try and approach her for assistance and she asks for the Darksaber in exchange.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that Bo Katan's reluctance to tell Mando about the Darksaber may come back to bite her. If he kills Gideon and she isn't present three things could happen.

1. He discards the saber because he doesn't care and it's list forever.
    2. He holds on to it as a souvenir and the next time he visits The Blacksmith she instantly recognizes it and immediately begins to use it to unite Mandalorian society.it
    3. Fett keeps it.

All of these outcomes are bad for Bo Katan. Hopefully she is in the season finale.
    Or he could give it to the kid. He could skip the part of building a saber of his jedi training. :P

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Considering she's after Gideon I suspect she'll show up at the same time as Din. He might even try and approach her for assistance and she asks for the Darksaber in exchange.
    Din is about to raid Gideon's ship. Perfect place for the time honored Star Wars tradition of yet again infiltrating the Empire using a stolen vehicle, just a they did this week.

And who do we know that happens to now own a stolen Imperial Gozanti transport?

They set up a team up weeks ago. If they don't pay it off I'm going to be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Or he could give it to the kid. He could skip the part of building a saber of his jedi training. :P
    Even Gideon could tell Grogu wanted the Darksaber .

Given that I feel like the S2 finale needs a ESB moment I figure having Din uncovering that Gideon has brainwashed Grogu to the dark side would be pretty nasty.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given that I feel like the S2 finale needs a ESB moment I figure having Din uncovering that Gideon has brainwashed Grogu to the dark side would be pretty nasty.
    Not being a trilogy, i'm not sure we need an ESB moment as much as a hook for a third season. There are already a couple of obvious ways they could do that (the Tython beacon, Thrawn, all the Mandalorians turning on each other). And that's presuming they don't throw something out of left field at us.

That said, if they DO go in that direction, they had better put Grogu in a tiny little Vader outfit. For the merchandising.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that Bo Katan's reluctance to tell Mando about the Darksaber may come back to bite her. If he kills Gideon and she isn't present three things could happen.

1. He discards the saber because he doesn't care and it's list forever.
    2. He holds on to it as a souvenir and the next time he visits The Blacksmith she instantly recognizes it and immediately begins to use it to unite Mandalorian society.it
    3. Fett keeps it.

All of these outcomes are bad for Bo Katan. Hopefully she is in the season finale.
    I'm guessing that just like the finale last season brought together all the allies he met that season I'm betting Mando gets the gang all back together here too with Bo and the Marshall coming along for the raid.

Prediction for season finale: Din dies fighting Gideon but saves Grogu, he entrusts him to Ashoka who admits she used the child to try to contact Ezra Bridger, whether it worked or not. Grogu goes with Ashoka and will appear in her series. The Mandalorian shifts focus to Bo-Katan and Boba in her attempts to liberate Mandalore and beat Gideon. Tease of Thrawn or Luke as played by Sebastian Stan at the end.

Din isn't dying but I think he might lose to Gideon with the Darksaber.

Anybody think the Imperial officer seemed to have a sort of Billy Drago kind of presence?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't see Din dying, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fett bite it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't see Din dying, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fett bite it.
    Whilst that does seem more likely (Din needs a new ship after all) it would be a tad mean to have only just seen Fett return from death only to kill him off for good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody think the Imperial officer seemed to have a sort of Billy Drago kind of presence?
    Richard Brake has a pretty cadaverous face and creepy smile, much like Drago.

I liked him better as the Night King in Game of Thrones than the other guy, because he just has more “character” to his face.

And his smile is very Joker-like...which is appropriate for the dude who played Joe Chill.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Anyone else think the decision to encorporate more shows into the Mando narrative is a mistake? Ashoka and the New Republic one?

I kinda like Mando show just being a Mando show. I don't need an "everything is connected!" star wars. The galaxy is huge.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Din isn't dying but I think he might lose to Gideon with the Darksaber.
    I feel like Gideon has to do SOMETHING.

Right now, he is more talk than a big bad guy. He talks a big game, and then gets his space ship taken out by a dude on a jetpack lol.

All this season, all he as done is look menancing.

So, who is Moff gonna cut down with the saber? Who is disposable coming up?

Bo showing up with more Mandolorians as cannon fodder would work I guess.

I think the show needs to take a turn to something else other than "take Grogu places" eventually but I don't know how you do that. Gideon cutting down Mandolorians and then Din beating him 1v1 and holding the dark saber and the other Mandos, including Bo, bow to him as the new ruler at the very end would work I guess.

I just don't know what you do with Grogu other than some jedi appears and takes him away.

If grogu actually aged at a normal pace, him being an ew foundling would be cool. But Din gonna be long dead before Grogu isn't a baby lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html