Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Really? You actually believe that's even a possibility? And kill their merch machine? I find that HIGHLY unlikely. And even from a narrative standpoint, the entire show is built on the relationship between Din and Grogu. it makes very little sense to nuke that dynamic this early on. Test it, challenge it, sure. But not throw it out. At worst, you're looking at a fake out, where Din believes the kid to be dead. There shall be no permadeath here.

My guess is that you're all looking in the wrong direction. Din will get Grogu back, and have his big confrontation with Gideon (which I expect Gideon will survive) that will end with Gideon separated from the Darksaber. Particularly if they bring Bo-Katan back, which everything they've set up this season suggests they at least should, that would set up the contest for the weapon, and the rule of Mandalore. I think that's where the show is going next, with Din and Grogu caught up in the battle for who will rule.

So I expect Din to wind up with the Darksaber by the end of the episode. He doesn't really want it, but would he entrust it to Bo-katan? She doesn't follow the Creed the same way he does, so maybe not. And Fett? he's a wildcard, but he would make a dangerous frienemy if he also had an inkling of ruling Mandalore.
    I don't see them killing a baby. I just can't see it. The balls that would take is just too large lol.

Show focusing on Mandolore stuff makes the most sense for season three, Dinn being stuck with the saber makes a lot of sense. Also, isn't Bo the one that was critical of Sabine for stealing the saber and not earning it by combat or am I misremembering/skipped some episodes? So I can't see her just asking for it back lol.

IDK, just seems like a TON to do in one episode unless they are going to be really safe and just keep it being the Dinn+Grogu buddy cop show.

Fett is interesting. IDK how long you can keep him around before he starts overshadowing Dinn. Fett turning on Dinn and breaking his word would be interesting, showing that not all Mandolorians really give a shit about "the creed" or whatever.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So far, Filoni and Favreau have stuck to their patterns in terms of the series’s pacing and structure. The first and second season were each composed of “unit” episodes in which the challenges of the week were faced while also usually advancing the overall story, if only by a small amount. If last season’s finale is a guide, and at the moment I think it is reasonable to see it that way, we can expect a dense episode filled with action and revelations, but not a cliffhanger. The end of last season left the characters in a reasonably stable place, but with signs of a greater threat building. I would expect the episode to end with Grogu reunited with Din, but Gideon alive and threats once again building, perhaps in the mention, or even the appearance, of Thrawn.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If it is not a cliffhanger, my bet is that Grogu gets killed. Like Din's efforts make it seem like he won, but we see a little green body at the end ... And Din takes off the helmet.

If it is a cliffhanger, I can see the mission going well and they're reunited ... Only to have Boba shoot Din in the back and take Grogu. Then the Jedi shows up to find an injured Din ...

That is my spitball theories.
    Those are some pretty terrible theories.

If it is not a cliffhanger, my bet is that Grogu gets killed. Like Din's efforts make it seem like he won, but we see a little green body at the end ... And Din takes off the helmet.

If it is a cliffhanger, I can see the mission going well and they're reunited ... Only to have Boba shoot Din in the back and take Grogu. Then the Jedi shows up to find an injured Din ...

That is my spitball theories.
    They Kill Grogu and about 40% of the people watching will stop, there were some that were some what upset that he wasn't in the last episode. The kid also pushes merch like crazy. I'm thinking that Gideon will get away with him in a cliffhanger and season three will be Din's search for them (at lest the first half of the season) with spots of Gideon on the run with Grogu. And that season will introduce the "Jedi" that was called during this season at some time or, we could see them at the very end scene of this one.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

To kill the baby, especially right before the Holidays would cause a bigger shock than Game of Thrones. But would they do some kind of artificially accelerated aging so that there's a new slew of Grogu dolls to buy like they did with Groot? OR will we end up with a whole bunch of Yoda Baby Clones? (although each would be just different enough and it turns out this is the real "Bad Batch" spin-off show and the other thing was just a ruse)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Really? You actually believe that's even a possibility? And kill their merch machine? I find that HIGHLY unlikely. And even from a narrative standpoint, the entire show is built on the relationship between Din and Grogu. it makes very little sense to nuke that dynamic this early on. Test it, challenge it, sure. But not throw it out. At worst, you're looking at a fake out, where Din believes the kid to be dead. There shall be no permadeath here.
    Well, yes I can see them killing Grogu. They didn't even have merch for him at launch because they didn't know he was going to be such a hit. This show has a lot of Western tropes and death of the wolf cub is a trope. There is also the rumor of Pedro on the outs, so I'm trying to find narrative ways to remove or sideline him.

His death could be a fakeout, too.

Maybe he gets cloned?

My guess is that you're all looking in the wrong direction. Din will get Grogu back, and have his big confrontation with Gideon (which I expect Gideon will survive) that will end with Gideon separated from the Darksaber. Particularly if they bring Bo-Katan back, which everything they've set up this season suggests they at least should, that would set up the contest for the weapon, and the rule of Mandalore. I think that's where the show is going next, with Din and Grogu caught up in the battle for who will rule.

So I expect Din to wind up with the Darksaber by the end of the episode. He doesn't really want it, but would he entrust it to Bo-katan? She doesn't follow the Creed the same way he does, so maybe not. And Fett? he's a wildcard, but he would make a dangerous frienemy if he also had an inkling of ruling Mandalore.
    Fett turning on Din and trying to rule Mandalore sounds kind of fun.

When you mention all the other Mandos racing for the Darksaber might be a better way to sideline Din. Star Wars could use a good kingmaker story.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't see them killing a baby. I just can't see it. The balls that would take is just too large lol.
    Favreau has the balls.

Grogu creates a lot of continuity issues ... well so does Ahsoka and Erza.

Unless they all race off to the Unknown Regions, I think Erza, Ahsoka, & Grogu are due to be one with the Force at the end of these shows.

The timeline these are set in is leading to the rise of the First Order and the fall of Luke's Jedi Academy. Will Gideon be a player there?

Or it could end with them all at his academy with Ben killing them in the margins of movies.

Show focusing on Mandolore stuff makes the most sense for season three, Dinn being stuck with the saber makes a lot of sense. Also, isn't Bo the one that was critical of Sabine for stealing the saber and not earning it by combat or am I misremembering/skipped some episodes? So I can't see her just asking for it back lol.

IDK, just seems like a TON to do in one episode unless they are going to be really safe and just keep it being the Dinn+Grogu buddy cop show.

Fett is interesting. IDK how long you can keep him around before he starts overshadowing Dinn. Fett turning on Dinn and breaking his word would be interesting, showing that not all Mandolorians really give a shit about "the creed" or whatever.
    I really think Fett is going to turn if not now but later.

I can totally see Din getting Grogu back, Gideon gets away, we see a happy ending but Fett has a run in with some Imp or Gideon, and ends up turning on Din.

We get a season 3 chase of Din tracking Boba.

So a rehash of Season 2. Disney does that a lot. But with a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    They Kill Grogu and about 40% of the people watching will stop, there were some that were some what upset that he wasn't in the last episode. The kid also pushes merch like crazy. I'm thinking that Gideon will get away with him in a cliffhanger and season three will be Din's search for them (at lest the first half of the season) with spots of Gideon on the run with Grogu. And that season will introduce the "Jedi" that was called during this season at some time or, we could see them at the very end scene of this one.
    You might be right. I still think we get the Jedi teased during this episode. Something has to be teased to get people interested in the other 2 Jon and Dave shows.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    To kill the baby, especially right before the Holidays would cause a bigger shock than Game of Thrones. But would they do some kind of artificially accelerated aging so that there's a new slew of Grogu dolls to buy like they did with Groot? OR will we end up with a whole bunch of Yoda Baby Clones? (although each would be just different enough and it turns out this is the real "Bad Batch" spin-off show and the other thing was just a ruse)
    I do think clone Grogu might be a storyline coming up. I could see it tying into Snoke, clone Palps, etc. Gideon seems the kind of Moff to be super loyal and have the ear of Palpatine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Plus... gideon needs Grogu alive. Killing him is a loss for Dinn and Gideon.

He ain't dying... only question is if he is with Dinn, Gideon, or random Jedi #25 that shows up

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unless they all race off to the Unknown Regions, I think Erza, Ahsoka, & Grogu are due to be one with the Force at the end of these shows.

The timeline these are set in is leading to the rise of the First Order and the fall of Luke's Jedi Academy. Will Gideon be a player there?

Or it could end with them all at his academy with Ben killing them in the margins of movies.
    It doesn't seem like Disney really cares that much about the OT trilogy continuity.

They are hammering stuff in there (incoming Kenobi series...) that only works if you really really really squint.

Alternate theory for Grogu is a Jedi showing up and knows where the Yoda species comes from and simply takes the kid home. The Jedi is afraid of training him but takes him home. Still a win for grogu and sidesteps the "dead at the academy" issue.

(Geez disney was really shortsighted having the ST kill all the Jedi... again lol)

Mighty Member

There is also the rumor of Pedro on the outs, so I'm trying to find narrative ways to remove or sideline him.
    Rumors that have so far turned out to be complete bullpucky, and came from sources who deserve absolutely no respect or any consideration for reliability.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Well, yes I can see them killing Grogu. They didn't even have merch for him at launch because they didn't know he was going to be such a hit. This show has a lot of Western tropes and death of the wolf cub is a trope. There is also the rumor of Pedro on the outs, so I'm trying to find narrative ways to remove or sideline him.

His death could be a fakeout, too.

Maybe he gets cloned?

Fett turning on Din and trying to rule Mandalore sounds kind of fun.

When you mention all the other Mandos racing for the Darksaber might be a better way to sideline Din. Star Wars could use a good kingmaker story.

Favreau has the balls.

I really think Fett is going to turn if not now but later.

I can totally see Din getting Grogu back, Gideon gets away, we see a happy ending but Fett has a run in with some Imp or Gideon, and ends up turning on Din.

We get a season 3 chase of Din tracking Boba.

So a rehash of Season 2. Disney does that a lot. But with a twist.

You might be right. I still think we get the Jedi teased during this episode. Something has to be teased to get people interested in the other 2 Jon and Dave shows.

I do think clone Grogu might be a storyline coming up. I could see it tying into Snoke, clone Palps, etc. Gideon seems the kind of Moff to be super loyal and have the ear of Palpatine.
    That's not why they didn't have merch at all, they didn't have merch because they knew he was going to be huge and they didn't want to spoil the reveal. Did they know he was going to be as big as he ended up being? No, no one could have predicted that but they knew people were going to love him the second the puppet arrived on set.

As for the cub dying? You have it the wrong way, the cub survives and the father dies in Lone Wolf and just about every other western that used that trope before. I don't see Dinn dying either but that's far likelier than Grogu getting killed off.

Well, yes I can see them killing Grogu. They didn't even have merch for him at launch because they didn't know he was going to be such a hit.
    I'm pretty sure they held back on the merch to keep him a secret.

Showrunner Jon Favreau told Entertainment Tonight that the absence of Baby Yoda toys was a deliberate choice in order to avoid potential leaks.
    He said the biggest leaks come form merchandise and that Disney agreed to hold back to not spoil any surprises.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    So far, Filoni and Favreau have stuck to their patterns in terms of the series’s pacing and structure. The first and second season were each composed of “unit” episodes in which the challenges of the week were faced while also usually advancing the overall story, if only by a small amount. If last season’s finale is a guide, and at the moment I think it is reasonable to see it that way, we can expect a dense episode filled with action and revelations, but not a cliffhanger. The end of last season left the characters in a reasonably stable place, but with signs of a greater threat building. I would expect the episode to end with Grogu reunited with Din, but Gideon alive and threats once again building, perhaps in the mention, or even the appearance, of Thrawn.
    Yeah, that could make for an interesting cliffhanger, possibly have him appear by hologram or something (I think Rebels did something similar with Vader?). Although we haven't heard any rumors about casting for Thrawn, the only rumored actor who hasn't shown up yet is Jaimee Lee Curtis (Which was possibly an April Fool's joke given the timing of the rumor) who I doubt would play Thrawn.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, that could make for an interesting cliffhanger, possibly have him appear by hologram or something (I think Rebels did something similar with Vader?). Although we haven't heard any rumors about casting for Thrawn, the only rumored actor who hasn't shown up yet is Jaimee Lee Curtis (Which was possibly an April Fool's joke given the timing of the rumor) who I doubt would play Thrawn.
    Before Din showed up I thought Gideon was about to contact Thrawn.

I think if we get live-action Thrawn, it's probably going to be Lars Mikkelesen, or at least he'll still do the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They've kept some pretty good secrets for the show so far. Thrawn could be the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Before Din showed up I thought Gideon was about to contact Thrawn.

I think if we get live-action Thrawn, it's probably going to be Lars Mikkelesen, or at least he'll still do the voice.
    They could always CG him like Maul in Solo or just show his face like Thanos in Avengers.

Holos would be an easy way to hide who the actor is, especially if Din and Boba wreck Gideon's ship, a broken transmission could hide who it really is and give the VA some light.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Pretty sure Maul in Solo was Ray Park back in the makeup.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth