Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Pretty sure Maul in Solo was Ray Park back in the makeup.
    It was. Park in the makeup with Witwer (from TCW) doing the voice. The perfect Maul cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Grogu creates a lot of continuity issues ... well so does Ahsoka and Erza.
    So do Thrawn, Fett, and Bo-Katan for that matter. But none of them are as big a bleeding continuity ulcer as the droids belonging to Anakin, Leia claiming to remember her mother, or the sheer stupidity of hiding Luke under his own name on Anakin’s home planet with Anakin’s stepbrother. If the story can survive all that, it can survive a few characters bopping around the Outer Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Pretty sure Maul in Solo was Ray Park back in the makeup.
    You understand my point, though.

They could easily cover for Thrawn until they cast somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It was. Park in the makeup with Witwer (from TCW) doing the voice. The perfect Maul cameo.
    Nice! I learned something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    So do Thrawn, Fett, and Bo-Katan for that matter. But none of them are as big a bleeding continuity ulcer as the droids belonging to Anakin, Leia claiming to remember her mother, or the sheer stupidity of hiding Luke under his own name on Anakin’s home planet with Anakin’s stepbrother. If the story can survive all that, it can survive a few characters bopping around the Outer Rim.
    Good point.

My lifetime of comicbook reading has prepared me for retcons and weird continuity.

If the story is good enough, it really doesn't matter, does it?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

iMan 42s

Revenge of the Sith actually covers why he didn't go looking for Luke.
    Padme wasn't giving birth when Anakin was choking her the last time he saw her. When Palpatine says Anakin killed her Anakin can only assume he killed the baby(s) as well. He has no reason to believe he has kids lost out there because as far as he's aware, they're dead.

Aside from that the Republic doesn't bother with the outer rim and by the time the Empire did Luke was already grown up and gone within a day. By the time Vader finally showed up on Tatooine he didn't even set foot on the planet only sending Sandtroopers who had no idea who Luke was. Vader didn't even know his name.

Ahsoka and Ezra are characters that have continuity issues though the big one is Ahsoka. Because should Ahsoka be around naturally she should be the one to confront Vader given she's already trained and knows Anakin as well as was trained by him. She's a Jedi in her prime who simply has more training and power than Luke would have up to that point and can get away with the same handicap Luke did. She basically can't exist in the window of the OT because of this which is why she has to either be dead or in another dimension to get around this.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Okay, last guesses for tomorrow before I go to bed:

- Grogu will have a dark side moment.
    - Boba will probably die, which is annoying but I guess Din needs a ship so...
    - Bo-Katan and the New Republic Pilots will help Din out.
    - Gideon will survive and maybe kill someone important (Boba) but come out of the fight with some scars.
    - Din will be maskless when he fights Gideon.
    - Din probably won't die.
    - Either Ezra or Luke will be teased, as will Thrawn.

iMan 42s

If Boba dies it's going to be poor timing given the death of Jeremy Bulloch being so recent. They wouldn't have had any control over that but if that turns out to be the case it's going to be kind of awkward. Like what's going to be a big shock will ultimately end up looking kind of tasteless given that Bulloch was a big figure in the Star Wars community, the reaction to Morrison coming back was very positive, and nothing on the release schedule is competing for space with Boba especially that Boba doesn't have his own show.

Really killing Boba removed from Jeremy Bulloch's death doesn't really serve anything and not even a passing of the torch. Boba came back because he wanted his armor and only stuck around out of obligation for how he got it back. It's a big deal Boba came back and we aren't in a position like the OT heroes where they've largely aged out of the roles. Morrison by comparison is a decade younger than most of them.

I mostly see Fennec Shand getting killed again largely if only to wrap her role up for Bad Batch.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Killing off Boba feels like a giant waste after having him survive the Sarlac, recover his armor, finally get to be awesome, and then refurbishing said armor...Temeura Morrison is really grateful at all the praise he's getting for Boba's return, so it just seems like a waste to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Killing off Boba feels like a giant waste after having him survive the Sarlac, recover his armor, finally get to be awesome, and then refurbishing said armor...Temeura Morrison is really grateful at all the praise he's getting for Boba's return, so it just seems like a waste to kill him.
    unnamed Mandolorians that show up with Bo Katan would be the easiest people to kill off to still have a tiny bit of weight
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

I've gotta eat a little bit of crow on this one, I never imagined those crazy bastards would actually do it. But they did. Damn.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Yeah, that was crazy as **** but amazing.

Plus the after credit scene of the Boba Fett series for December 2021.

Amazing conclusion. Makes me wonder if this is secretly saying goodbye to Din with Boba taking over his own series though. But holy hell they did it and it was awesome.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Amazing conclusion. Makes me wonder if this is secretly saying goodbye to Din with Boba taking over his own series though. But holy hell they did it and it was awesome.
    Din has to resolve the Darksaber thing with Bo-Katan. Which is a slight retcon since the way Bo-Katan originally had it was being given it by Sabine, but that's definitely a setup for more stuff from Din's story.

Going by the rumours that they are filming Season 3 and 4 back to back and the suggestion about a Boba Fett prequel makes me think Season 3 will shift over to Boba for flashbacks and the present with Boba’s apparent new position before returning to Din and Bo as the focus for Season 4 with the Dark Saber and Mandalore It might even be the case that Boba could emerge as the main antagonist for the next stage of the Mandalorian (probably before Thrawn arrives and sees all parties team up against him with a Defenders style mini series).

Gideon is probably going to return in Rangers I think. I could see that series opening with his trial by the New Republic as a great set piece. And Ashoka will deal with her attempts to find Ezra and Thrawn. Grogu’s story is probably best continued in books with you know who.

I didn't think they'd really do that.

LIke it was always the fun big thing to say would happen but to actually do it

This finale was basicaly anything I could ask for. I should have kept the faith.

Sucks about the helmet though,i liked that aspect of Din
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Wow.
    -- I really like that they start off stating very clearly that Din, Dune and Bo have different agendas. It sets up an immediate tension which leads to the rest of the episode. I wonder if Mando really would have just abandoned the rest of them once he had the child. (Nah - he wouldn't have)
    -- The scene with the 4 Mandalorians was awesome. I loved how nuanced the cultural differences are here. Boba doesn't call himself a Mandalorian, but he's legit enough for Din. (and Boba only cares about the armor because it was his father's) Bo doesn't think of him as a Mandalorian, and damn, the sass! Bo calling Boba's dad his "donor," Fett calling her "Princess" (shades of Han & Leia) - it's what fans want out of seeing established characters interacting in a way that makes perfect sense without having to fabricate tension just because the scene demands it. They're all acting in character so the fight makes sense. I also love how they reinforce that (sorry, I forget her name) is the only one who has really incorporated the jetpack into her fighting style.
    -- In retrospect, I should have expected that part of the reason for the barfight was so that Boba could get some action before essentially jetting away.
    -- I appreciate that they acknowledged the millions that died on the Deathstar(s), but of course there were billions on Alderan...
    -- Dark Troopers really don't know how to fight, do they? It was cool seeing Din being pummeled and saved by his Beskar helmet (Pedro could have used that against the Mountain ), but the Dark Trooper obviously could have just broken his neck or choked him with his other hand.
    -- It's ironic how Bo chided Din for being a zealot for not removing his helmet, but she's still stuck with thinking that she can't just accept the Dark Saber from Din to be legit.
    -- Isn't this the same happy synergistic studio as Marvel? It's funny how Hamill here looks as stiff and unnatural as Leia in "Rogue One," but they were able to make Kurt Russell actually look like his younger self and do things like emote and move around and ...y'know smile. I do wish Luke would have smiled seeing Grogu. I mean, who doesn't smile when holding Grogu??
    AFTER CREDITS SCENE
    -- One thing to always keep in mind when designing a character is to think about their silhouette. When Boba Fett's shadow appears, it's clearly him. Needless to say, he's a well-designed character.
    -- "Book of Boba Fett" makes me think we'll be seeing some stories from his past with a person in the suit and using Morrison's voice, plus some larger arc for the present day. I also wonder if Cobb will show up again here.
    -- I also liked that there was no sentiment about parting ways with Din. Boba kept his word, now he's done.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-18-2020 at 06:11 AM.