Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Still think they shoul dhave just re-casted Luke though. This tech ain't it lol (at least on the star wars side of Disney)

Didn't Bo get the sword handed to her before this? Why not take it now?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-18-2020 at 06:21 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So, how do we think Grogu survives Jedi Purge 2: Emo Version?

Season 5 of Mando, Luke drops Grogu off to see Mando and tells him he'll be back in a few, goes home, tries to kill his nephew due to lack of sleep from traveling, Kylo does Kylo things?

the return of Mando and Grogu show

(i have no idea on timelines here lol)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- It's ironic how Bo chided Din for being a zealot for not removing his helmet, but she's still stuck with thinking that she can't just accept the Dark Saber from Din to be legit.
    Yeah, who's the 'zealot' now?

And, it's the D&D player in me, always looking for a loophole, but I'd be all, "Okay, you have to beat me to legit win the darksaber from me. Shall it be thumb-wrestling, beer pong, or pin-the-tail-on-the-Moff-prisoner? Just let's make it something we can get done here on this bridge, in a minute or less, I got places to be."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, how do we think Grogu survives Jedi Purge 2: Emo Version?

Season 5 of Mando, Luke drops Grogu off to see Mando and tells him he'll be back in a few, goes home, tries to kill his nephew due to lack of sleep from traveling, Kylo does Kylo things?

the return of Mando and Grogu show

(i have no idea on timelines here lol)
    Was wondering the same thing. As soon as Luke took him I was thinking Kylo just gonna kill him in a couple years.

So is Din done? It says Book of Boba dec 2021. Sound like Boba is taking over the show. Guess it could just mean his story will push the plot and Din can still be the main character. Also hope this doesn't set Boba up as the villian putting him in conflict with the rest. I liked somewhat noble Boba.

The Luke scene was bad ass until he took the hood off. Iono why they didn't just cast another actor or use Marvels de-aging tech(That wouldn't help with all the weight he's gained). If seen fan art where Sebatian stan looks like a younger Luke. Should used him and could have used some CGI to make him look more like Hamil if you really think its necessary. But star wars keeps doing these full CGI version of characters and they don't work well.

Kinda wished it would have been someone else. 1 Lukes story is already known. 2. Unless something makes Grogu leave and come back to Din... Grogu gonna get killed by whiney Kylo... woulda have been cool to bring in someone who can appear in future seasons and the other shows set at this time. Ezra and Cal being the main two who would work. Guess Ezra being saved for Ashoka. Cal woulda been cool, **** I woulda been fine with a disfigured Mace who survived being thrown about that window. Anyway the action was cool as hell. Really loved the Finale

Seen articles already of people claiming Boba fett Spin off series announced. This isn't a sperate show right? Season 3 of Mandalorian will be Mandalorian: Book of Boba correct? Would love if it was another show and we got 2 end of next year. That ain't happening though
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-18-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Bib surviving the Sail Barge BTW and taking over parts of the remnant of Jabba's empire was also in the original Expanded Universe, although in "Legends" he had his brain removed and placed in one of those spider droids we briefly see in Jabba's palace, but then took over the body of another Twi'lek.

He's played by Matthew Wood, who played the younger Bib in TPM (Apparently they also had an alternate scene with Bib as part of the Twi'lek senate group, but decided to go with him by Jabba's side again instead) and was also the voice of Grievous in ROTS and Clone Wars.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, who's the 'zealot' now?

And, it's the D&D player in me, always looking for a loophole, but I'd be all, "Okay, you have to beat me to legit win the darksaber from me. Shall it be thumb-wrestling, beer pong, or pin-the-tail-on-the-Moff-prisoner? Just let's make it something we can get done here on this bridge, in a minute or less, I got places to be."
    I thought for a minute that Din would remove his helmet to Bo just to show her how there's no point in adhering to doctrine when there are larger stakes involved.

oh wait... the boba show is in PLACE of Mandolorian Season 3?

They gonna leave the dark saber controversary as a cliff hanger? Say it ain't so, I already have issues with TV show cliff hangers lol.

I feel like Mando S3 switching to a Boba story is typical SW fan service **** that gets it in trouble
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-18-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    oh wait... the boba show is in PLACE of Mandolorian Season 3?

They gonna leave the dark saber controversary as a cliff hanger? Say it ain't so, I already have issues with TV show cliff hangers lol.

I feel like Mando S3 switching to a Boba story is typical SW fan service **** that gets it in trouble
    I don't know what you're referring to, but it has seemed to me that challenging fans is what got SW "in trouble" and this show has demonstrated that "fan service" is now this franchise's bread and butter. I don't think it's about either as long as the writing is actually good, imo.

Wonder if Gideon was also bluffing about the blood already being extracted.

Also Mark got credited, I guess mainly for the face but did he do the voice too?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-18-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Gideon was also bluffing about the blood already being extracted.
    they are just heavily hinting at snoke without actually saying it

Remember when I said that Mando and Bo would have issues concerning the black saber?

Called it!

Well...I can't believe a certain person showed up. Talk about subverting expectations lol.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I think the facial tech was pretty decent for Luke, better than Rogue One at least. Helped that he was standing still.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone else it was messed up no one bothered to check on Bo Katan after she got shot up.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am just imagining Fenric casually mentioning to Boba that there was that Jedi he wanted to kill that turned up after he left and Boba’s reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Remember when I said that Mando and Bo would have issues concerning the black saber?

Called it!

Well...I can't believe a certain person showed up. Talk about subverting expectations lol.
    I didn't see any "black saber" this episode so I don't know what you're talking about...

Secondary reactions:
    -- It's funny that whatsername actually said "please" when asking them to not land in the launch tube. I feel like random imperials never bother saying "please" or am I wrong?
    -- Speaking of... we've seen giant hangar bays aplenty in Star Wars and I think we've seen Tie-Fighters drop like bats, but the idea of a narrow "launch tube" like Battlestar Galactica? I dunno.... might just be plot contrivance... or just that this is a smaller light cruiser v. a battleship... okay. I might have just answered my own question.
    -- I half expected that guy to try dropping Boba Fett into the rancor pit only to have Boba use his jetpack and just float there. (although how much of an FU would it have been if they used that scene just to punk Boba again and have him killed by the rancor?)