Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So does anyone knows whats happening with Book of Boba? I keep seeing news articles claiming we getting two shows side by side next December. But I took it as Season 3 of Mando would be sub titled the Book of Boba. I don't see them having two shows running concurrent. If anything maybe as a prelude to season 3 we get a 1 1/2 hour Boba Story. Iono i just don't see them doing two shows side by side. They try to keep stuff spaced out. Has there been any clarification?
    the only clarification i need is Kathleen Kennedy said the next Chapter of The Mandalorian will debut on disneyplus Christmas 2021 and that is the same time as The Book of Boba Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So does anyone knows whats happening with Book of Boba? I keep seeing news articles claiming we getting two shows side by side next December. But I took it as Season 3 of Mando would be sub titled the Book of Boba. I don't see them having two shows running concurrent. If anything maybe as a prelude to season 3 we get a 1 1/2 hour Boba Story. Iono i just don't see them doing two shows side by side. They try to keep stuff spaced out. Has there been any clarification?
    no way they are both going at the same time, Disney doesn't have enough content to double book like that. They need to spread out subscriptions
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Unless Book is a standalone movie I think it WILL be Season 3. No doubt Lucasfilm will clarify in the coming week or so.

It's kind of amazing that everyone was predicting somebody would die but no named characters actually bought it...well, except Bib Fortuna .

That guy at the beginning was all "there were good people on the Death Star too!" although he survived that only to basically walk face-first into a blaster from an Alderaan survivor. Should've known better. It would've been kind of hilarious if he somehow survived both Death Stars only to die like that.

I see Boba is still testy about the whole "clone" thing.

I only realized halfway through the episode that the second squad was all women. Kind of neat, especially since it was fairly low-key .

So are they going to use Grogu's blood to make Snoke? Seems like Gideon is part of the faction building into the First Order.

I guess Gideon couldn't resist trying out the Darksaber on Din even though Din seemed completely willing to let him go. Given he's basically cosplaying as Darth Vader, he probably couldn't help himself.

When the Darktroopers were about to break in, I thought to myself that the only way they were going to get out of there was for whatever Jedi Grogu summoned to show up and fight them...and then the X-Wing showed up. I admit I was still kind of in denial as to who it could be until I saw the robes, glove, and green lightsaber and realized it was Luke mother-flippin' Skywalker cutting through Darktroopers like they were B1 Battle Droids. Like his father before him, Luke got his own hallway scene, and it was glorious .

The CG Luke was kind of weird, but I understand they still wanted it to basically be Mark Hamill as Luke and show him exactly how he should look in his prime, even if it was kind of off. I wonder if we'll see them do this again with established characters.

I wasn't expecting R2 to show up, but it was great to see him too. The meeting of the mascots with R2 and Grogu was super cute. R2 seemed really happy to see him, was it because Grogu reminded him of Yoda or did R2 remember him from the temple?

I have to imagine how awkward it would've been if Boba had stuck around and seen Luke show up.

I was happy to see Mando break his vow to let Grogu see his face. The child got to finally see his father's face before going off to train.

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. Din and Bo-Katan need to settle the Darksaber dispute and the fate of Mandalore, and we have Luke training Grogu. I wonder if they'll time-skip to some degree to the point where Luke feels comfortable enough with Grogu's training to send him back to Din (and to make sure he avoids what happens to Luke's school). Is Grogu Luke's first official apprentice, not Ben? It's kind of funny that his first apprentice is a baby version of his master.

Really curious to see exactly what the "Book of Boba Fett" is and what Boba is going to do now that he seems to be moving into Jabb's territory with Fennec.

Good episode.

I liked the detail of Katan sneering at Fett for being a clone.

I really still don't get why Boba didn't try to get his armor and take over Jabba's organization five years earlier. It seems like he knows where his armor is yet he waits until Din has it to make his move, and he also still has Slave I. This is definitely something they'll need to explain in his series.

How would you prefer to see Luke and Grogu's story continued - as a novel or in an animated series?

On second re-watch

Man, they kinda sorta made Bo completely unlikeable lol.

And for how smart Gideon was, trying to back stab the dude and hitting a beskar jetpack wasn't the great idea lol. He knew Dinn used his wrist shot thigns but didn't realize dude was covered in something that reflects lightsabers?

Was a cool fight though.

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. Din and Bo-Katan need to settle the Darksaber dispute and the fate of Mandalore, and we have Luke training Grogu. I wonder if they'll time-skip to some degree to the point where Luke feels comfortable enough with Grogu's training to send him back to Din (and to make sure he avoids what happens to Luke's school). Is Grogu Luke's first official apprentice, not Ben? It's kind of funny that his first apprentice is a baby version of his master.
    Can you really time skip Grogu enough to make a difference in this era? Kiddo can still barely walk lol. Feel like you'd have to skip 100 years to make him a character than doesn't need his butt wiped.

Really curious to see exactly what the "Book of Boba Fett" is and what Boba is going to do now that he seems to be moving into Jabb's territory with Fennec.
    I kinda want pure bad guy here. Make it different from Dinn.

Dinn has a code but at his core he seems "good."

Make Fett have a code but at his core, he is "bad"

Can someone with extensive SW lore timeline me here? How old is Luke and how long until Kylo is born and then how long until he kills everything? Is there a timeline to where Snoke was officially created yet?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can someone with extensive SW lore timeline me here? How old is Luke and how long until Kylo is born and then how long until he kills everything? Is there a timeline to where Snoke was officially created yet?
    Luke is about 19 in ANH since he was born in 19 BBY, so he's only 28 year old at this point I think since this is 9 ABY?

I haven't read them but I think the Aftermath books confirmed that Ben was conceived on the night of the victory party over Endor. I think he turned to the dark side in 28 ABY. Snoke doesn't really have a concrete origin story yet, alongside when Palps came back (though we can now assume Grogu's blood helped with both).

I think Ben/Kylo is 4 years old at the time Luke is taking Grogu in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When the Darktroopers were about to break in, I thought to myself that the only way they were going to get out of there was for whatever Jedi Grogu summoned to show up and fight them...and then the X-Wing showed up. I admit I was still kind of in denial as to who it could be until I saw the robes, glove, and green lightsaber and realized it was Luke mother-flippin' Skywalker cutting through Darktroopers like they were B1 Battle Droids. Like his father before him, Luke got his own hallway scene, and it was glorious .
    Yeah, when Luke was making his way, I literally said out loud to nobody, "One glove! One glove!"

But timeline wise, Kylo is about 4 now and Luke doesn't start training him I think until he's ten? A lot can still happen with Grogu.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Luke is about 19 in ANH since he was born in 19 BBY, so he's only 28 year old at this point I think since this is 9 ABY?

I haven't read them but I think the Aftermath books confirmed that Ben was conceived on the night of the victory party over Endor. I think he turned to the dark side in 28 ABY. Snoke doesn't really have a concrete origin story yet, alongside when Palps came back (though we can now assume Grogu's blood helped with both).
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ben/Kylo is 4 years old at the time Luke is taking Grogu in.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, when Luke was making his way, I literally said out loud to nobody, "One glove! One glove!"

But timeline wise, Kylo is about 4 now and Luke doesn't start training him I think until he's ten? A lot can still happen with Grogu.
    How old is ashoka and ezra in the ST era?

Could Taika movie be about Grogu?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I was yelling at him saying ‘stop moving so I can see your glove!’ XD

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How old is ashoka and ezra in the ST era?

Could Taika movie be about Grogu?
    I believe that Ezra was about 14 when Rebels started and 19 when it ended, so he should be about the same age as Luke by The Mandalorian, maybe slightly older. Not sure with Ashoka.

Kind of funny that the Phase III Dark Troopers are pretty much the complete opposite of their Legends version-the first two models were droids, whereas the third, at least in the case of General Mohc, was pretty much intended as as suit/armor.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah Grogu is not killed by that whiney emo douchebag, plenty of things could happen.

That was freaking amazing. No way this is the end of Din’s story with what they set up with Bo Katan.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!