Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Through two episodes the Mandalorian just might be my favorite Star Wars related thing. It is fantastic!!! They should put John Favreau in charge of the Star Wars Universe.
    He's pushing for a new Christmas special. He has a character in mind already and ideas.

FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's not easy keeping track of when everything takes place ... so, how old would Sabine the Mandolorian be at this point? (Filoni worked on "Rebels" so y'never know...)

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's not easy keeping track of when everything takes place ... so, how old would Sabine the Mandolorian be at this point? (Filoni worked on "Rebels" so y'never know...)
    She was 16 around 5 years BBY, so around 25 at the end of Return of the Jedi, placing her at around 30 at this point.

The last we saw of her, she and Ahsoka were preparing to venture into the unknown regions to see if they could find Ezra after he sent himself, Thrawn, and the Chimera into deep space, and that was after the fall of the Empire, so given that we have not had an update on that front I would assume she is still out looking.

The release schedule after today is every friday. I like the show, but I think ill just wait until the 8 episodes are out before resubscribing. I don't pay for something I don't use and I don't want to wait week to week for a 30 minute show.

I'm thinking the flashbacks might be a mis-direct also, the attack might seem its from the POV of the mandelorian and that he is the child, but they might drag out the flashbacks and wait for the reveal at the end when we see he was the attacker.

This show feels very member star wars, but its working with me. Don't know why FA didn't. :/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Question Yodas race are they suppose to be unusually strong with the force as a whole? Or is this just a another Rey who can do crazy stuff off rip.

This episode seemed a little more silly then the last. Not in a bad way just the action was more over the top and it made sense given the situation.
    We don't know. This is literally only the third member of this species we've ever seen (though both of the other two WERE Jedi Masters). Maybe? We literally know nothing about them as a race, no name, no planet of origin, no weird quirks of biology other than being extremely long lived compared to humans. This is a learning experience for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    She was 16 around 5 years BBY, so around 25 at the end of Return of the Jedi, placing her at around 30 at this point.

The last we saw of her, she and Ahsoka were preparing to venture into the unknown regions to see if they could find Ezra after he sent himself, Thrawn, and the Chimera into deep space, and that was after the fall of the Empire, so given that we have not had an update on that front I would assume she is still out looking.
    i hope that kiddie characters like sabine have zero impact on the mandalorian.
    what is next?
    we start guessing what he will die his armour next episode?

havenīt seen ep2 yet, but heard baby yoda is already using the force. these are not good developments!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i hope that kiddie characters like sabine have zero impact on the mandalorian.
    what is next?
    we start guessing what he will die his armour next episode?

havenīt seen ep2 yet, but heard baby yoda is already using the force. these are not good developments!
    As opposed to kiddie characters like Luke Skywalker?

What makes these "not good developments" in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    As opposed to kiddie characters like Luke Skywalker?

What makes these "not good developments" in your mind?
    killing mysticism for starters. yoda and boba fett were interesting because we knew little about them. now they combine that. seems like madness to me. but that is just me.
    but mostly i refereed to baby yoda already using the force. which i only heard of so far. will check when i am at home. why mix gritty bounty hunter with cutsie force deus ex machina?
    it is early, but i have a bad feeling. it seems like flat marketing ploy. which is a shame, cause gritty western star wars series seems to be well accepted.
    we didnīt need cute yoda force knöddel
    but the producers seem to be very nervous. canīt do it without the force, can we?
    Last edited by abulafia; 11-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

How about you save the griping until you actually see it. Personally, I thought the way it was handled was fine.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is the baby cute?

Yes, he's absolutely, freaking adorable...but does that make the show cutesie?

Absolutely not, it's presence isn't there to tug at your heart strings and sell toys to kids it's there to pay homage to Lone Wolf and Cub. And rather than being a sign that the writers of the show are nervous that people wouldn't like a Star Wars show with out a Force user, the baby's use of the force is yet another tie to Lone Wolf, mimicking how Daigorō would often miraculously come to his father's rescue when the chips were down.

BANNED

I don't know why some fans always get so offended at the notion of Star Wars being a kids' franchise or even having some kiddie elements. Pretty much everyone just expected this show to be about some grim and gritty anti-hero kicking ass and taking names, and introducing the baby and giving him something to fight for and protect is also a cliche, it works well to soften his edge and flesh out his personality. Besides so much about this show is fan service for long term Star Wars geeks, and the baby definitely is part of that, someone who wasn't familiar with Yoda wouldn't see anything special about it.

"Hey, who's the cute green Mogwai?"
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Through two episodes the Mandalorian just might be my favorite Star Wars related thing. It is fantastic!!! They should put John Favreau in charge of the Star Wars Universe.
    Absolutely agree!!!
    Episodes 7 & 8 don't exist in my head canon.

THIS is my follow-up story (movie) to the first 6 movies+Rogue One.

I hope Jon Favreau will get to keep producing more shows and stay on target so to speak.
    No agendas, just tell a great story! Fans WILL be there for that.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    "Hey, who's the cute green Mogwai?"
    On another board I visit, a least one poster has been calling him Frogwai. Which totally needs to be a thing.

so, you all seem to not be bothered with cuddle yoda, what about untrained baby helps shady armor man murder an innocent wild creature which only defends its territory and her brood?
    while performing a force feat initiate luke would not have been able to.
    canīt wait to see what it does next