Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

From Star Wars.com:

The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original Series, starring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to
    @DisneyPlus
    Dec. 2021.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I know I’m late to the game on this but the last episode of Mandalorian was all I’ve wanted from SW since RoTJ. Peak Luke being an absolute beast just owning the empire. Perfect ending and the Luke we should’ve got in the sequel trilogy. I couldn’t be happier.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This video sums up perfectly why I love the approach of New Star Wars but detest the approach of New Star Trek -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I still kind of find it weird that the man who played Eric the Clown on a Seinfeld episode pretty much helped start the MCU and redeemed Disney Star Wars.

"Great things come from small beginnings".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I’m waiting to see this on blu ray...if it’s not out I might stream it which is a rare thing for me

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

True story: my sister has watched all of Mandalorian S1 in the run up to Christmas assuming it was set hundreds of years before the movies because she takes ‘Baby Yoda’ to literally mean it’s a baby version of Yoda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I still kind of find it weird that the man who played Eric the Clown on a Seinfeld episode pretty much helped start the MCU and redeemed Disney Star Wars.

I know, right? Jon Favreau. First appeared on my geek radar as a fun Foggy, in an otherwise not-great Daredevil movie. Then he does Iron Man, and the beast that is the MCU juggernaut launches. Now he's somehow managed to steer the Star Wars franchise into a fun new direction. Goodness, that man is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I know, right? Jon Favreau. First appeared on my geek radar as a fun Foggy, in an otherwise not-great Daredevil movie. Then he does Iron Man, and the beast that is the MCU juggernaut launches. Now he's somehow managed to steer the Star Wars franchise into a fun new direction. Goodness, that man is gold.
    Favreau was money before he knew how much money he was! (and don't forget "Elf!")

Just finished S2. This show is the best thing to come out of the SW universe since KOTOR. Which to me is the best thing to come out of SW besides the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Favreau was money before he knew how much money he was! (and don't forget "Elf!")
    You have no idea how much I love this comment, Swingers is still one of my favorite movies. My best friend and I quote the movie quite often and I even got him a shirt that says "It's not so much me as it's Roenick, he's good" as we are huge hockey fans and still play EA's NHL when we can.

To your point though, Favreau showed promise very early on that it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Not only that but his live action remake of The Jungle Book is arguably the best of the Disney remakes...
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    True story: my sister has watched all of Mandalorian S1 in the run up to Christmas assuming it was set hundreds of years before the movies because she takes ‘Baby Yoda’ to literally mean it’s a baby version of Yoda.
    Hey, as long as she’s still following and enjoying this story itself... does it really matter?

That's kind of the ultimate counterargument to the confused mainstream audience member some people are terrified of alienating - if it’s still good enough to keep them occupied, than their questions and confusions don’t really matter that much.

And here’s some speculation about Season 3 from me:

How the heck do you get Din Djarin, who’s a “simple man” in his own way, care about greater Mandalorian politics and being a leader, since that's likely his next story?

And I really do think the darksaber offers the best vehicle for that transition, particularly if people challenging for it becomes a recurring element of next season.

Din doesn’t want it for himself... but let him cross blades with someone who clearly shouldn’t have that power, and we introduce a reason for him to hold onto it and start taking the responsibility seriously, and possibly let it grow into his new purpose in life; a kind of “Okay, nobody’s getting this Excalibur to use and abuse unless they’re actually worthy of the damn thing and will use it well.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Niffleheim

What do you think is the plan for Bo Katan? I want to still see her as the leader of Mandalore because of her past mistakes of working with Deathwatch, Dooku, Maul and indirectly having a hand in her pacifist sister getting killed. She has been a catalyst in everything bad that has happened to Mandalore but will she work well as an antagonist or someone that manipulates behind the scenes like Lord Varys

Anyway I wouldn't mind the Armourer playing a big role in season 3 thwarting every plans that Bo Katan comes up with

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What do you think is the plan for Bo Katan? I want to still see her as the leader of Mandalore because of her past mistakes of working with Deathwatch, Dooku, Maul and indirectly having a hand in her pacifist sister getting killed. She has been a catalyst in everything bad that has happened to Mandalore but will she work well as an antagonist or someone that manipulates behind the scenes like Lord Varys

Anyway I wouldn't mind the Armourer playing a big role in season 3 thwarting every plans that Bo Katan comes up with
    I don't want to see the character rewarded for all the terrible things she had a hand in with the throne of Mandalore. The best case scenario is character becomes second in command. The worst case scenario is the character dies sacrificing herself for the greater good.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

I’d have Din try pledging himself to Bo’s service in an attempt to pay her back for her help, and slowly ramp up the awkwardness from not just him having the darksaber, but also form him slowly becoming a better leader for Mandalore, and then see what is more poetically appropriate for Bo once she becomes the King Saul to his David.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP