Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Looks like Mayfeld is set to become the new breakout star.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

I wasn't looking forward to Rangers that much because of Carano's acting however if it centers on Ex Imperials then I really will ACTIVELY not care for or be interested in it.

I'm tired of the new trilogy mainly centering Kylo and redeeming him so I don't want a rehash for Mayfield. He should be the garnish not the whole meal
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-11-2021 at 02:12 AM.

I figured it wouldn't be long before Carano got fired after Pascal came out in support of his transgender sibling. I figured it would be really awkward on the set given her past comments.

What I did not expect was to see her pour rocket fuel on the bonfire with new comments that pretty much made it impossible for her to stay employed.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I figured it wouldn't be long before Carano got fired after Pascal came out in support of his transgender sibling. I figured it would be really awkward on the set given her past comments.

What I did not expect was to see her pour rocket fuel on the bonfire with new comments that pretty much made it impossible for her to stay employed.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Apparently after the whole pronoun controversy the two actually talked about it. What I don’t get is why she felt so “oppressed” when she had kept her job on high profile show up until now. She really played herself.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So apparently they scrapped the idea of a Cara Dune show back in November. Not sure if this means Rangers of the New Republic and if that's cancelled now, presumably Disney will need to clarify that. But I suppose there are other characters who could lead that - Greef, Mayfield, that Republic Pilot whose name escapes me. Otherwise it'll have to be its own thing.

Regardless I hope they respect the character of Cara Dune somewhere offscreen and don't do something to her just for the sake of Gina like 'Oh no she got eaten by a Rancor off screen never mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So apparently they scrapped the idea of a Cara Dune show back in November. Not sure if this means Rangers of the New Republic and if that's cancelled now, presumably Disney will need to clarify that. But I suppose there are other characters who could lead that - Greef, Mayfield, that Republic Pilot whose name escapes me. Otherwise it'll have to be its own thing.

Regardless I hope they respect the character of Cara Dune somewhere offscreen and don't do something to her just for the sake of Gina like 'Oh no she got eaten by a Rancor off screen never mind.'
    It's a big galaxy - I don't doubt the Rangers show can get along without her - she's no lynchpin. I look forward to seeing new, interesting characters. I imagine they will have to address Cara on "Mandalorian" the next time we see Carga since they became so tied together, but it's simple enough to say she moved on to where she was needed taming another town (it's a big planet) but I'm also fine with them killing her offscreen if they need to introduce a new threat and give the characters a personal stake. Otherwise, there'd be no real need to address her fate or status.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a big galaxy - I don't doubt the Rangers show can get along without her - she's no lynchpin. but it's simple enough to say she moved on to where she was needed taming another town (it's a big planet)
    Yeah pretty simple to explain an absence of a a character so deeply important to the plot of Mandalorian. Let me point you to Wesley Snipes in Blade:Trinity. He refused to be on set. They used a stand in thinking the audience won't notice the difference. And...the audience definitely did notice and the movie was worse for it. The character was meant to go somewhere in Season 3. You don't just "simply" write in a scene "Oh yeah, she changed her mind offscreen". Recasting would be better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah pretty simple to explain an absence of a a character so deeply important to the plot of Mandalorian. Let me point you to Wesley Snipes in Blade:Trinity. He refused to be on set. They used a stand in thinking the audience won't notice the difference. And...the audience definitely did notice and the movie was worse for it. The character was meant to go somewhere in Season 3. You don't just "simply" write in a scene "Oh yeah, she changed her mind offscreen". Recasting would be better.
    How exactly is she deeply important? She was just a buddy with a gun, no shortage of those in the universe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How exactly is she deeply important? She was just a buddy with a gun, no shortage of those in the universe
    If she was just some random side character, then why were Disney/LucasFilm planning on giving her character a spinoff? If she was that unimportant, they wouldn't have done that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    If she was just some random side character, then why were Disney/LucasFilm planning on giving her character a spinoff? If she was that unimportant, they wouldn't have done that.
    Hmm, why would Disney produce a spin off of a popular show? That's a head-scratcher

They can easily introduce an ex-special forces Resistance without breaking a sweat. And likely will.

What exactly makes her so important, then?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I liked the character of Cara Dune, and I thought Carano did a good job of bringing the character to life...but yeah, I always felt her off air personality would catch up with her

I definitely think in this case recasting Cara Dune is the best course of action - punishing the character for the sins of the actor seems petty to me, and it would mean that Cara could still be part of Rangers and another buffed up female actress gets a shot at being in Star Wars.

Ultimate Member

I definitely think in this case recasting Cara Dune is the best course of action - punishing the character for the sins of the actor seems petty to me, and it would mean that Cara could still be part of Rangers and another buffed up female actress gets a shot at being in Star Wars.
    I imagine it would be a hard recast, but yeah if possible they should.

I will never understand why in this era of actors being idiots and other outside influences, recasting is so damn rare. We can suspend disbelief about magic space powers, but not one jerk actress/actor getting replaced with someone who looks similar?

I mean, its not as if we don't know the story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I imagine it would be a hard recast, but yeah if possible they should.

I will never understand why in this era of actors being idiots and other outside influences, recasting is so damn rare. We can suspend disbelief about magic space powers, but not one jerk actress/actor getting replaced with someone who looks similar?

I mean, its not as if we don't know the story.
    Exactly! Certainly there is scope with this after they replaced Elongated Man over in Flash after the actor was fired for past tweets, but of course those were from a while ago and this is fairly recent. But given that we're not likely going to see Cara on screen again until 2022 at the earliest it seems like there's time for a recasting for S3 of Mandalorian and/or Rangers. It would be unfortunate with Cara's background set up to waste it for the sake of Gina.

Guess Rangers of the High Republic is cancelled too then since I am not exactly sure how it works without her. Can’t wait to see how Disney handles this vanish into thin air act.

Disappointed with this whole situation and the state of things anyway. As someone who just wants good Star Wars I am getting sick of every time politics on either side of the fence influences it.
    CBR is reporting that Rangers of the New Republic is NOT a Cara Dune spin-off. Evidently, they were planning such a show, but after Dune had her first social media blowup in November, they dropped plans for that series. Perhaps Rangers was a reworking of the concept? It was expected Cara Dune would appear in Rangers in some capacity, but presumably as she was not the central character she could be recast or written out without it being a disaster.