Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    CBR is reporting that Rangers of the New Republic is NOT a Cara Dune spin-off. Evidently, they were planning such a show, but after Dune had her first social media blowup in November, they dropped plans for that series. Perhaps Rangers was a reworking of the concept? It was expected Cara Dune would appear in Rangers in some capacity, but presumably as she was not the central character she could be recast or written out without it being a disaster.
    I was under the impression that Dune's show was separate and that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee was going to be the star of Rangers?

Based on Dave & Jon's comments.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I was under the impression that Dune's show was separate and that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee was going to be the star of Rangers?

Based on Dave & Jon's comments.
    I think the original plan was for the Dune show to be Rangers but they re-worked it when the controversy with her started.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the original plan was for the Dune show to be Rangers but they re-worked it when the controversy with her started.
    Reading the interviews, not the rumors, that appears to be more probable than not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

You know, I don't agree with her beliefs and politics one lick really, but was always of the opinion you don't let people go for that. I still believe that but part of me almost think this was on purpose. The increasingly...well, Trumper-like posts, it was like a dare, culminating with the Holocaust comparison. I mean holy **** balls who doesn't know you don't do that? So now it gets to be used as fodder by the right for a double-standard. But when its almost invited, quite possibly intentionally? That's not going to get any sympathy from me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Honestly at this point I am just getting tired of the political issues plaguing Star Wars and it being subjected to being a pawn for the Right or Left, not to mention the apparent divisions between factions of Lucasfilm (Kennedy vs Faverau) and who is 'winning' or 'losing'. Pretty sure the majority don't care and just want good Star Wars, whatever era or setup or medium.

I don't agree with Gina's comments and she has been warned multiple times about he social media posts so you brought this on herself really. But this cancel culture mob on the internet and social media is playing a dangerous game that could very well backfire. For folks like Joss Whedon, I do think they should be canceled since they have been doing garbage things for YEARS with no change. But like canceling someone who hasn't said or done anything hateful or messed up just because of a church they attend and people just assume things about them and try to get them canceled ( like Chris Pratt for example) is wrong.

I think the cancel culture mob needs to reign it in a bit because honestly nobody is flawless and many folks probably have things in their past that they aren't proud of and would get them canceled, even though they have grown as people and changed. So it's just a dangerous game in my book. But we will see how things play out going forward. I wonder if the character of Cara will just be recast or will they just give the character some off screen explanation for her absence?

So she compared being Republican to being a persecuted Jewish person in nazi-Germany? Do I have that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I don't agree with Gina's comments and she has been warned multiple times about he social media posts so you brought this on herself really. But this cancel culture mob on the internet and social media is playing a dangerous game that could very well backfire. For folks like Joss Whedon, I do think they should be canceled since they have been doing garbage things for YEARS with no change. But like canceling someone who hasn't said or done anything hateful or messed up just because of a church they attend and people just assume things about them and try to get them canceled ( like Chris Pratt for example) is wrong.

I think the cancel culture mob needs to reign it in a bit because honestly nobody is flawless and many folks probably have things in their past that they aren't proud of and would get them canceled, even though they have grown as people and changed. So it's just a dangerous game in my book. But we will see how things play out going forward. I wonder if the character of Cara will just be recast or will they just give the character some off screen explanation for her absence?
    But it wasn’t immediate “cancel culture”. They had let her previous statements slide and were more than willing to keep her on as a regular. She’s dumb enough to keep saying moronic things and got to the point where she compared being a conservative to 6 million Jews being murdered in the holocaust. This cancel culture argument is incredibly stupid in this situation. She had her chance and was given leeway. She did this to herself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    So she compared being Republican to being a persecuted Jewish person in nazi-Germany? Do I have that right?

Yes and no. She never mentioned conservative or liberal but it was assumed she was speaking about her views and Jews in the 1930s. She then deleted the post, without clarifying what she was talking about. And never went back to clarify it. She brought this on herself. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post

Don't start with this Cancel Culture BS. 'Cancel Culture' is just a buzzword made up by a-holes to let them pretend that they're being oppressed when they get punished for being a-holes.

We need more A-holes to be held accountable, not less

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Pretty much. That's like the one sure fire way to get blackballed.

I remember when Megan Fox said that about Michael Bay.

And frankly, he probably earned that vitriol. A stunt woman was rendered brain dead for one of his stunts, and he injured Shia in one stunt (I have mixed feelings about that). He's risked the lives of his crew, and I've heard some creepy stories about the filming of Bad Boys.

Yet, guess who was made the pariah?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    What's Lawless doing these days?

Spectacular Member

Carano was great in the role. Tha's how she should be judged. Gone is civility, gone is disagreement.

The poster who said cancel culture is BS...nope it's absolutely real. Its no a matter of "don't be an a-hole". Too simplistic. And I determine what being an "a-hole" is, right? Even if I disagree with you? Or you with me?

Please. The United States, due to the ability via social media to form virtual 'mobs' is having it's civility eroded.

"I don't like that you said that. YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT NOW!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Carano was great in the role. Tha's how she should be judged. Gone is civility, gone is disagreement.

The poster who said cancel culture is BS...nope it's absolutely real. Its no a matter of "don't be an a-hole". Too simplistic. And I determine what being an "a-hole" is, right? Even if I disagree with you? Or you with me?

Please. The United States, due to the ability via social media to form virtual 'mobs' is having it's civility eroded.

"I don't like that you said that. YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT NOW!"
    At a certain point, it's not about civility, it's about decency.

There's no polite discussion to be had with people who think that blacks don't deserve civil rights, or transexuals are perverts who wanna spy on children in bathrooms. Claiming oppression equal to the greatest acts of evil in human history simply because you can't be openly hateful doesn't allow for a 'civil' response.

Human rights shouldn't be a thing for debate, except how to give them to everyone.