Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    ...or they could just do the easiest thing and recast her. As I said earlier killing her offscreen is a tad petty and punishes the character for the sins of the actor. Cara Dune is still a interesting character and whilst I could imagine the shows working without her, it's better to have her around still with a new actress in my opinion.
    maybe ronda rousey

but for me id like vanth as mando's law enforcement connection, plus olyphant has a pretty good track record as a marshall

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They recast Rhodey and it worked out so I could see them recasting here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was after one movie, though.

I'm all for a recast, mind. Hell, it is easier to do in Star Wars than most others. Cara was caught in a bomb, and the docs who rebuilt her tweaked her a little, or something.

But I doubt it. To limbo and off screen dead, is my bet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That was after one movie, though.

I'm all for a recast, mind. Hell, it is easier to do in Star Wars than most others. Cara was caught in a bomb, and the docs who rebuilt her tweaked her a little, or something.

But I doubt it. To limbo and off screen dead, is my bet.
    Eh, I don't think you even mention it. We're smart people and we know the real reason so why try and cover it up? You recast and just move on.

Boisterously Confused

Hold it one ****ing second!

Is The Razors Crest a rework of the refugee transport from AotCs?

Aa9coruscantfreighter.jpg

Mighty Member

Speaking of Rhodey....

https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-peti...e-gina-carano/

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Hold it one ****ing second!

Is The Razors Crest a rework of the refugee transport from AotCs?

Aa9coruscantfreighter.jpg
    Was pretty sure it was an adaptation of Jaster Mereel's ship.

Jasterlegacy.jpg
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

People who still insist that Han shot first despite all the evidence are as bad as what the Empire did to Alderaan.

The Crest is designed by Doug Chiang, who designed much of the look of the prequels, so it's not surprising that the Razor Crest has some similarities to his other work.

I personally find it a bit like the AOTC Republic gunship myself.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    People who still insist that Han shot first despite all the evidence are as bad as what the Empire did to Alderaan.
    ...sigh...and now we must duel. Kindly advise me of your preferred weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Crest is designed by Doug Chiang, who designed much of the look of the prequels, so it's not surprising that the Razor Crest has some similarities to his other work.

I personally find it a bit like the AOTC Republic gunship myself.
    I noticed that too. I didn't know that about Chiang; it suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Since Mando's going to need a new ride, I'd love him to come across Darth Maul's Scimitar. One of my top five fave SW ship designs.
    Image.jpg
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 02-14-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I don't get why people don't like Han shooting first....and I certainly don't understand how it pertains to the Madalorian. Are you just trying to troll folks?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    ...sigh...and now we must duel. Kindly advise me of your preferred weapons.

I noticed that too. I didn't know that about Chiang; it suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Since Mando's going to need a new ride, I'd love him to come across Darth Maul's Scimitar. One of my top five fave SW ship designs.
    Image.jpg
    I'd much rather them design a wholly new ship rather than one we've already seen.

I don't get why people don't like Han shooting first....and I certainly don't understand how it pertains to the Madalorian. Are you just trying to troll folks?
    Come on, I wasn't nearly that subtle!

Astonishing Member

I'm a stickler for certain details and am of like multiple minds in many ways. I like the character Cara Dune (believing her to have been adequately portrayed, likable, believable enough, with an interesting backstory) but don't actually think an expanded role in anything was ever all that warranted. Survivor of Alderaan, now frontier marshal. Sure. It's a decent support role but it's not a particular necessary one for Mando to return to much now he gets into his Next Phase of his story and not one that really screams for 'getting its own show'. So I think recasting is unnecessary and we don't even need to break the immersion, when we could just have "recharactering", which is to say, a new character from a new place that fills a new ally role for Mando that similarly assists him along the way. I mean hell, just keep bringing back Mayfeld.

I can certainly separate art-from-artist enough to continue to rewatch Mando and enjoy it. Probably even enough that I think the poor folks who aren't gonna get their complete action figure line-ups should be able to. Who the hell even knows what like, Christopher Lee or David Prowse or Alec Guinness thought politically and they weren't young enough to be cursed by a Required Involvement in Social Media to ever be canceled. But I also get it and don't fault Disney for cutting ties. You work for the business you work for and it's Disney at the top so there's etiquette and protocol requirements involved in your public sharing of your opinions, whatever they may be. There's gonna be a lot of lost opportunities for work in the landscape where everybody has an opinion ... but also a platform so that other people get to see it published, and people who work in almost every kind of business are going to have to learn to navigate this situation.

Now anyway, moving on ... I've never thought for a second that Rangers of the New Republic was going to be Cara Dune headlining. Dave Filoni is a turbo Lord of the Rings geek so if they put out a show with characters called Rangers, we're talking about something in the Aragorn of Arnor or Faramir of Ithilien vein. Mando himself already fills the role of an outsider/bounder King Arthur figure who stumbles into the Excalibur legend, but someone "Official" from the Good Guys roaming around with minimal support in the deadly fringes of space, spying and protecting the borders and, you know, Ranging. Space Rangers. That's what I thought of when I first heard of it, and if there's a sort of policing/Texas Rangers or military/Army Rangers bent (like the logo might indicate) that's going to be incorporated into the "Fantasy Rangers" archetype, not the other way around. Cara Dune's ex-shocktrooper might've made an interesting contrast or crossover to include in an episode ... but I feel like your main characters in a show about Rangers aren't going to be brutes, they're going to be stealth and fast and lightfooted and skillful, subtle and quiet.

And when it comes to where they're Ranging I don't think it's going to be the Outer Rim, I think it's going to be the Edges of Unknown Space.

As for any characters who we already know that we might encounter, your guesses are as good as mine. Folks like Sabine or Hera or Rex or even Zeb or Kallus feel more slated to show up in Ahsoka's show, while Rangers' "New Republic" line makes me think more of all-new characters.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com