Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    If I were Disney I wouldn't respond to this anymore. Recast the part and move on. Continuously addressing something this simple just inflames the silliness of a "cancel culture narrative". They did nothing wrong. She was stupid and had chances to correct her behavior, she choose not too and she lost her job.

She isn't a major franchise building star that leaves them in a financial quandary. They have super successful shows that will be super successful if her name is never uttered again.
    Yeah, I'm not sure she had the ability to carry a franchise.

Regardless, she didn't seem to understand how her actions could harm others. Yet acted like a victim and sold her story to people like Ben Shapiro, who feed on perpetual outrage.

I think it's better for the Mandalorian and Star Wars in general to stay away from that

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I love the poster for the new season:

Kind of cool how Luke's Jedi outfit is a mix between his ROTJ and Sequel trilogy look.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

It's not for a new season..., at least officially

Lucasfilm had hired a bunch of artists to make posters so while it is officially licensed it's not an indicator of what's up and coming. It could turn out to be close to where they go with Grogu but the artist behind it was given the freedom to do what they want without knowing much of anything about where the story is going.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I don't expect it to be an actual scene from the up coming season or anything, but it's still amazingly cool.

Incredible Member

Just finished both seasons over the weekend and yes,it was great! However,I have a question about something in the credits after the last episode so ...

SPOILER for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Is this the end of The Mandalorian series and will The Book of Boba Fett be taking its place? Obviously,the show has been really successful so I doubt it but was curious. Thanks for any help!
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Just finished both seasons over the weekend and yes,it was great! However,I have a question about something in the credits after the last episode so ...

SPOILER for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Is this the end of The Mandalorian series and will The Book of Boba Fett be taking its place? Obviously,the show has been really successful so I doubt it but was curious. Thanks for any help!
    They're going to be two separate shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They're going to be two separate shows.
    I didn't know that. I thought they were going to do Book of Fett this season then return to Mando next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I didn't know that. I thought they were going to do Book of Fett this season then return to Mando next season.
    I thought that at first when we got that end credit scene, but they've since given dates for both

Anyone think it's possible that Grogu might interact with Ben in some form? Granted, according to the current canon, Ben doesn't start his training until at least five years later. But maybe Leia could pop by a visit (We've of course already had digital young Leia in Rogue One and briefly in Rise)-and it's possible Han might be (Some Indiana Jones filming seems to indicate they might be using similar tech for Ford in a flashback scene, so maybe using those same assets? Although Indy is even more "scruffy" than Han)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anyone think it's possible that Grogu might interact with Ben in some form? Granted, according to the current canon, Ben doesn't start his training until at least five years later. But maybe Leia could pop by a visit (We've of course already had digital young Leia in Rogue One and briefly in Rise)-and it's possible Han might be (Some Indiana Jones filming seems to indicate they might be using similar tech for Ford in a flashback scene, so maybe using those same assets? Although Indy is even more "scruffy" than Han)
    Eh, I'd rather just pretend Ben and the rest of the sequel mess don't exist and just move on.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Now the new Making Of Special revealed they use Plo Koon as a stand-in for Luke I really like the idea of him secretly still being alive, given his relationship with Ashoka as a Padawan and the way he kind of betrayed her before she left the Jedi. Probably won’t happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Now the new Making Of Special revealed they use Plo Koon as a stand-in for Luke I really like the idea of him secretly still being alive, given his relationship with Ashoka as a Padawan and the way he kind of betrayed her before she left the Jedi. Probably won’t happen though.
    lol, yeah I saw that too. I guess Filoni's still not over Order 66.

Maybe he ejected from his starfighter at the last second.

(Funny thing is if you look closely in ROTS the interior and exterior of his ship doesn't match-that's because they originally wanted to have him pilot the new ROTS Jedi starfighter, but decided for some reason to give him an AOTC type, with a color scheme similar to the one Anakin used in the animated Clone Wars cartoon and some of the comics that had the same paint design as his podracer. As to why Plo Koon flys a starfighter with Anakin's podracer colors, who knows? They didn't bother changing the cockpit).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe he ejected from his starfighter at the last second.

(Funny thing is if you look closely in ROTS the interior and exterior of his ship doesn't match-that's because they originally wanted to have him pilot the new ROTS Jedi starfighter, but decided for some reason to give him an AOTC type, with a color scheme similar to the one Anakin used in the animated Clone Wars cartoon and some of the comics that had the same paint design as his podracer. As to why Plo Koon flys a starfighter with Anakin's podracer colors, who knows? They didn't bother changing the cockpit).
    I think the problem if you start to let Council members outside Yoda and Obi-Wan survive (Mace being the other logical candidate people ask often about) is you have to start explaining why they've let things happen as they have for so long. If they all end up doing the 'hide on a quiet planet' stick it starts to get very cliché.