Page 76 of 107 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    christopher lloyd joins the show?
    https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-seas...to-the-future/
    i want him to play john bigbootay so we can get a proper star wars/buckaroo bonzai crossover! (i'm sure patton oswalt can figure out how it can be done)
    great scott! :d
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's a shame, I would have much rathered new stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't really see the point.

Yeah, I would have preferred new stories, but I will at least pick up the first issue and see what it has to offer.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

"My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the Planet Vulcan!"

Funny thing is Sidney Sheinberg (Head of Universal) wanted to change it to "SpaceMan from Pluto" (Maybe worried about Lucasfilm/FOX and Paramount issues?) and *also* wanted to change the whole movie's title to Spaceman from Pluto, although that might've been just a joke.

Also, Lloyd of course played Klingon Kruge in the other big "Star" franchise, with his main claim being at least partially responsible for killing Kirk's son and also pretty much destroying the Enterprise (Although Kirk did the self destruct, Kruge crippled the ship for good).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-20-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Better shoot season 3 quick, never know how much time you have with someone in their 80s. I always forget how old he is since he never really retired.

Kind of like with Patrick Stewart in Picard his voice has faded quite (On the ocassions he reprises Doc Brown for small bits he can't quite hit the more higher pitches Doc had in the trilogy, especially the "great scott!") a bit and he definitely looks his age but seems to otherwise be OK.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Default Mandalorian

I mean, come on! he has a SWORD, not a lightsaber, a SWORD, he protected baby yoda, AND he stabbed that scorpion droid in The Book of Boba Fett. he's awsome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvacron View Post
    I mean, come on! he has a SWORD, not a lightsaber, a SWORD, he protected baby yoda, AND he stabbed that scorpion droid in The Book of Boba Fett. he's awsome!
    Eh, it *is* a lightsaber...

...It's just also a blessed/cursed ancient lightsaber (that's basically the kind of Excalibur parallel the Skywalker Saber should have been in the Sequel Trilogy) with an infinitely more unique blade, being wielded by a literal quest-completing, shining-armor-wearing, dragon-slaying, destined-to-be-"king" hero with a cute kid/sidekick.

Alright, here's a speculation question - what do you guys see as the endgame for Mandalore's govenrment and leadership? Straightforward "Lord Mandalore Din Djarin, warrior king"? Din as a unifying general supporting a democracy? And end to the position of Lord Mandalore overall?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Niffleheim

You think the story will reach that far? I think Din Djarin is destined for death than sitting on a throne.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Eh, it *is* a lightsaber...

...It's just also a blessed/cursed ancient lightsaber (that's basically the kind of Excalibur parallel the Skywalker Saber should have been in the Sequel Trilogy) with an infinitely more unique blade, being wielded by a literal quest-completing, shining-armor-wearing, dragon-slaying, destined-to-be-"king" hero with a cute kid/sidekick.

Alright, here's a speculation question - what do you guys see as the endgame for Mandalore's govenrment and leadership? Straightforward "Lord Mandalore Din Djarin, warrior king"? Din as a unifying general supporting a democracy? And end to the position of Lord Mandalore overall?
    It was forged by a jedi, yes. but it has no kyber crystal, so not a lightsaber.
    and I think he'll lose the Dark Saber before the return of mandalore happens.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's still a lightsaber, it just uses a different unidentified type of crystal.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    You think the story will reach that far? I think Din Djarin is destined for death than sitting on a throne.
    I don’t see Din dying before Mandalore’s post-ROTJ politics reach some kind of resolution, and I’m doubtful of the idea of him dying before some kind of triumph LFL can market in the period before the ST; while I could see him not being Mandalore, and even to some extent think that should be one of the leading speculations, I don’t think LFL will repeat the ST mistake and end on a downer note for a fan-favorite character.

It has some kind of crystal, as per Rebels… and I don’t think they’ve suggested it isn’t a Kyber anywhere; it’s color and shake are unique, but they haven’t said anything about those not just being produced by a different building process.

Now, I *do* share the feeling he’s liable to lose the Darksaber at some point before whatever the finale is - but as a rising action tragedy pushing him into the desperation to seek the Waters of Mandalore, and as something he’ll inevitably reclaim by the end.

Din’s a big league character now - larger in stature than Boba Fett and the ST’s characters. They’re not going to “demote back to his proper place” and they’re far more leaky to give him some kind of triumph pre-ST.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Now, I *do* share the feeling he’s liable to lose the Darksaber at some point before whatever the finale is - but as a rising action tragedy pushing him into the desperation to seek the Waters of Mandalore, and as something he’ll inevitably reclaim by the end.

Din’s a big league character now - larger in stature than Boba Fett and the ST’s characters. They’re not going to “demote back to his proper place” and they’re far more leaky to give him some kind of triumph pre-ST.
    ok, so why aren't there any jedi mandolorians mentioned then (minus the one who made the Dark Saber)?
    also, I think he may have to fight Boba at some point, or the woman with the golden helmet. if they make Baby yoda a mando, then I'm never leaving my "this is the most wholesome SW character" couch.

Mighty Member

ok, so why aren't there any jedi mandolorians mentioned then (minus the one who made the Dark Saber)?

Tarre Vizla, who built the Darksaber, is credited as "the first Mandalorian to join the Jedi Order." This implies that there were more, even if they are rare. Otherwise he'd be the ONLY, not the first. Doesn't mean they are common, or that there are any active during the PT era. I'm guessing they are EXTREMELY rare, if only because the two factions are much more frequently foes than friends, historically.

Extraordinary Member

also, I think he may have to fight Boba at some point, or the woman with the golden helmet. if they make Baby yoda a mando, then I'm never leaving my "this is the most wholesome SW character" couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Tarre Vizla, who built the Darksaber, is credited as "the first Mandalorian to join the Jedi Order." This implies that there were more, even if they are rare. Otherwise he'd be the ONLY, not the first. Doesn't mean they are common, or that there are any active during the PT era. I'm guessing they are EXTREMELY rare, if only because the two factions are much more frequently foes than friends, historically.
    Agreed. I also think current LFL might be so misguidedly loyal to their idea of what Lucas wanted for the PT Jedi that they want to enforce that era's dogma across the board in perpetuity... in which case getting either identifiably Mandalorian Jedi or more swashbuckling, family loving, and fun Jedi at all might be nearly impossible. Luke's appearance in TBOBOF seemed to partially exist to insist that if someone wanted stories of family struggle and more human characterization, they'd better look to the Mandalorians instead of the Jedi. And if a Mandalorian *does* become a Jedi... he ain't going to look or act at all like a Mandalorian afterwards.

Which is a shame, since I really miss the *better* Jedi of Legends who could fall in love, have families, and not just be poured into a set of PT robes.

On another note:

I think he may have to fight Boba at some point, or the woman with the golden helmet.
    I love the idea of discussing other people Din might have to fight with his darksaber.

My top 3 "Din should have a sparring match or duel with" list, though not necessarily the order in which they should be fought:

3. Fenn Rau - He's unaccounted for after Rebels, and was the leader of the Protectors, the bodyguard unit to the Lord Mandalore... though a bodyguard unit that opposed Pre Viszla and Death Watch, from whom Din's parent organization the Children of the Watch likely descend. Din might have to face him either for Fenn's old business with the Children of the Watch, or to try and get the Protectors back on his side. Fenn might also be a good opponent for Din to demonstrate his greater righteousness with if, like Sabine before him, he goes out of his way to spare and try to recruit Fenn for something else, and "accidentally" wins his loyalty that way.

2. Bo-Katan - she feels like a destined future opponent the audience is supposed to be torn over, and feels like a "Final Boss" of some sort given her career. The seeds have already been planted for some kind of conflict between them in Season 2, and honestly, I could see any fight between them going any way, and not just in terms fo who wins and how - when the fight happens, what the feeling is behind the fight, whether it a one-off or a series of duels, the whole thing.

3. Sabine Wren - she's the last Mandalorian to have wielded the blade after winning it in combat, since she took the blade back from Gar Saxon after beating him. She's also in many ways Din's predecessor as a heroic Mandalorian protagonist who doesn't want the blade and its burden, while also being Din's opposite in other ways, as a prodigy daughter of a noble family who loves painting her armor. She also makes the most tantalizing friendly sparring partner for Din, since she might be able to educate him in how to use the darksaber and provide him his own "Trials of the Darksaber" while using Ezra's lightsaber and her own experience with Kanan.

BANNED

I loved the first two seasons. But I'm not too hyped about the new one. Getting rid of Gina because of her politics was disgusting. And The Book Of Boba Fett was awful and sabotaged all of what we went though with Mando. To just throw Grogu back to him and toss all of the finale's meaning. Never mind the fact that Djarin had learned that his life isn't the place to carry along a kid everywhere and Jedi training is what he needs. It just reeks of corporate mandated regression because Grogu sells merch and is a guaranteed appeal to normies, despite the fact that Mando himself can still carry a series and Grogu could easily drop in every so often.