Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

I could have done without Grogu having to go allll the way back to get Bo Katan and guide her allll the way back to Dinn, then have them have to go alllll the way back again, pacing on that was a bit much and I exercised my 15 second forward button a few times, still enjoyed the rest of it, Mandalore looks good

There sure was an awful lot of just walking around in this episode.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Mando was looking soft here. Rescued twice in one ep? Daamn son...

Liked that Grogu had a little adventure tho.

It's kind of in character for Din, remember despite his reputation there's been a few incidents where he needed to be rescued by Grogu or someone else, going back to the Mudhorn.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Weird episode, but enjoyable.

What got me was that the episode basically repeated itself. We get the process of Din and Grogu reaching the mines and exploring....then do it again with Bo.

Found it hilarious that Din was so damn emphatic about getting IG back up and running for this super dangerous mission...but a couple jawas say they can't find a part so Din just grabs the first droid offered to him, even though it's literally falling apart. What the hell happened to "IG *has* to be the droid!"?

Sackhoff did a really great job with her performance here, I thought. She's never been the greatest actress alive but she absolutely sold it here and I really enjoyed watching her.

What was the thing that captured Din? Cyborg obviously, and one more machine than organic (reminds me of Grevious) but is it a thing we've seen before? What was it and why was it in the mines? Looked cool as hell in any case.

Mythosaur! I feel like we knew that was coming, but it was still a great debut. I'm a little vague on what happened to Din though, is it the mythosaur that pulled him under the water? Why just leave him there if so?

Really enjoyed Grogu's little adventure, nice to see him starting to take a little agency in the narrative and that his time with Luke paid off with a greater control of the Force.

Love this gods damn show.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thinking about some of the Mandalorian lore from older EU I wondered if the spider/Greivous/cyborg etc. is possibly related to the Basilisk War Droids.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Basilisk_war_droid

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Thinking about some of the Mandalorian lore from older EU I wondered if the spider/Greivous/cyborg etc. is possibly related to the Basilisk War Droids.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Basilisk_war_droid
    Matthew Wood is playing a character this season.

Could be Bib. Could be some one new. Could be reprising something like that little spider droid ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Didn't Fett shoot Bib? Granted, Fennic came back from something like that (Funny thing, in the old EU Bib actually became a Spider Cyborg himself-The Bomarr monks seen in ROTJ and one episode of Book of Boba Fett.

One article states that the big spider-part may be a repurposed clone wars Crab droid. Don't have a good picture of it (Just the cyborg part) so can't really tell.

The Alamites also resemble the Whiphids, a representative of which we saw in Jabba's palace. Wonder if some EU reference book down the line will link the two, like what's been done with the Duros and the Neimoudians. There were some fan theories that they might be the Taungs, who in the old EU were the original alien Mandalorians before they were replaced by (mostly) humans. Their design in that was generally more bird-like though, with some features from The Predator species.

I'm thinking Wood's voice is very likely going to be for the B1 Battle droids glimpsed in the trailer.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-09-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's kind of in character for Din, remember despite his reputation there's been a few incidents where he needed to be rescued by Grogu or someone else, going back to the Mudhorn.
    And let's not forget if not for his armor, he'd been killed a dozen times over. (even not counting the times he threw himself in front of blasters knowing it would save him)

Astonishing Member

Why did the monster in the pond let Din get rescued just like that?

It seemed to me that Bo gave him a mad look and the creature decided to stay away

Maybe it couldn't crack his armor, although Din had removed some parts of it.

Be kind of interesting if the Mythosaurs were actually the reason for the armor in the first place.

There's probably a good reason it didn't show up and try to eat people in all the other royal "baptisms"-it was awakened/displaced from wherever it was hiding before during the Empire's bombing, in a similar fashion to the Alamites and maybe the cyborg thing.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-10-2023 at 06:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's kind of weird, the plotting of this season is moving both too slow and at the same time too fast. Too slow in that we've yet to really get any real development and too fast in that what we have gotten hasn't given you the time needed to let it sink in or feel important.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I've been seeing people question why it "let them go" with the assumption that it dragged Din down in the first place, but my impression was that he simply fell through. With no jetpack and beskar being so heavy making him just sink. Maybe Din will confirm next week, but that was my thought. I don't think a creature that big could've gotten close enough to the surface to have grabbed him without making a much larger disturbance. (unless it has tentacles or a really long tongue or something)

Astonishing Member

I don't think it dragged Din down. It was probably the weight of his armor. I am just wondering why it was so...lets say...friendly.

We will get an explanation next week, I think.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Why did the monster in the pond let Din get rescued just like that?

It seemed to me that Bo gave him a mad look and the creature decided to stay away
    Bo was more in shock from that audible gurgle than her scaring the Mythosaur away.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough