Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've been seeing people question why it "let them go" with the assumption that it dragged Din down in the first place, but my impression was that he simply fell through. With no jetpack and beskar being so heavy making him just sink. Maybe Din will confirm next week, but that was my thought. I don't think a creature that big could've gotten close enough to the surface to have grabbed him without making a much larger disturbance. (unless it has tentacles or a really long tongue or something)
    I thought that! The Mythosaur is just a chill dude hanging out like the hyperspace whales.

Isn't the legend that the mythosaur was tamed? So maybe he sees his little buddies in their armor and then brings them to the surface if/when they fall.

Hence the whole we don't remove our helmet thing. Otherwise, they look like a snack and/or drown.

As shown in the opening and alluded to by Bo, doesn't sound like they go all the way in anymore. So the mythosaur became a legend.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I've been seeing people question why it "let them go" with the assumption that it dragged Din down in the first place, but my impression was that he simply fell through. With no jetpack and beskar being so heavy making him just sink. Maybe Din will confirm next week, but that was my thought. I don't think a creature that big could've gotten close enough to the surface to have grabbed him without making a much larger disturbance. (unless it has tentacles or a really long tongue or something)
    That was my first thought, that there was a drop-off Din didn't see and he just fell in. But he sank really damn far really damn fast; if beskar was that heavy I feel like you couldn't walk around in it at all y'know? I thought maybe there was a current that pulled him, but I watched the episode twice and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Dropping into a deep water pit because of a missing step, or not realizing that there was a drop off at the end feels quite in line for Din.

Being highly capable, skilled and robust, while also prone to sudden misfortune and comedic setbacks has been a constant occurence with him since the first season.

Though my first assumption was also that he was pulled down by something in the water. Mainly because it resembled what happend to Luke in A New Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I thought that! The Mythosaur is just a chill dude hanging out like the hyperspace whales.
    Which might even be the reason why the whales were shown to the viewer earlier, to remind them of the presence of extremly large and powerfull beings in the Star Wars universe who are harmless unless provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That was my first thought, that there was a drop-off Din didn't see and he just fell in. But he sank really damn far really damn fast; if beskar was that heavy I feel like you couldn't walk around in it at all y'know? I thought maybe there was a current that pulled him, but I watched the episode twice and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    It can be suprising how much weight many modern infantry soldiers carry between their protective vests (10-16 kilogram with the ballistic plates inserted) and overall equipment on their bodies alone and yet they will march for miles and into combat while carrying it.

Additional there is a difference between the overall weight of a combined armor and how it's weight is distributed on the body.

However, someone suggested to me, that perhaps it was actualy the breathing of the mythosaur that pulled him down so suddently.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Definitely not my favorite episode.

Bo Katan is a terrible tour guide.

For someone that experienced the living waters, wouldn't it make sense to tell Din, "Hey! Watch out for that one step! It's a doozy!"
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-10-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Maybe a hole was blown open during the purge? Thus removing the final step and exposing the mythosaur?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Being highly capable, skilled and robust, while also prone to sudden misfortune and comedic setbacks has been a constant occurence with him since the first season.

It's a bit like Indiana Jones in that regard. He's portrayed as badass, confidant, even a bit dangerous etc. going into the Temple in RAIDERS, but once he botches the Idol's weight and triggers the traps, it's pretty what you described the entire way out.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Dropping into a deep water pit because of a missing step, or not realizing that there was a drop off at the end feels quite in line for Din.
    I laughed because as he was entering the waters, I thought that exact thing. Watch your step man, you'll fall in! Then a second later he does exactly that. And it's Din, so I can easily believe it was just pure bad luck or him not paying attention or something attacking him. Any of those things feels equally possible and valid for him, which is a lot of fun. Din's badass, but not so badass he's immune to mistakes or flaws.

It can be suprising how much weight many modern infantry soldiers carry between their protective vests (10-16 kilogram with the ballistic plates inserted) and overall equipment on their bodies alone and yet they will march for miles and into combat while carrying it.
    Oh I know, I was a soldier for a brief time. And that stuff is indeed heavy. But heavy enough to drag you down a....hundred?....or more feet in within seconds? I'm sure the weight of that armor would be enough to drag him down (though we've seen him swim in it before haven't we?) but to drag him that far that quickly?

However, someone suggested to me, that perhaps it was actualy the breathing of the mythosaur that pulled him down so suddently.
    That'd make sense I guess. I wonder if Din even saw it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's a bit like Indiana Jones in that regard. He's portrayed as badass, confidant, even a bit dangerous etc. going into the Temple in RAIDERS, but once he botches the Idol's weight and triggers the traps, it's pretty what you described the entire way out.
    Exactly my thought. Mando basically is H. Jones, Jr. under different circumstances that left him with different priorities and less sense of humor.

Bokatan impressed me in this one. Also, am I mistaken, or has she won The Dark Sabre? Creepy Eyeball BugBorg won it from Mando, and she won it from Creepy Eyeball BugBorg, chopping CEBB into splinters in the process
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-12-2023 at 02:23 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Definitely not my favorite episode.

Bo Katan is a terrible tour guide.

For someone that experienced the living waters, wouldn't it make sense to tell Din, "Hey! Watch out for that one step! It's a doozy!"
    The city wasn't a pile of rubble and ash the last time she was there. As we saw, the damage reached the underground too. It's possible the waters were shallower before the purge.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Exactly my thought. Mando basically is H. Jones, Jr. under different circumstances that left him with different priorities and less sense of humor.

Bokatan impressed me in this one. Also, am I mistaken, or has she won The Dark Sabre? Creepy Eyeball BugBorg won it from Mando, and she won it from Creepy Eyeball BugBorg, chopping CEBB into splinters in the process
    Don't they need to fight over the Darksaber to be winners of the saber? Or does just throwing it and someone else picking it up count as winning?

As far as I can remember she never fought anyone to get that Saber. Neither did Sabine nor Ezra. They found it in Dathomir and Sabine gave it to Bo-Katan.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-12-2023 at 03:19 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Don't they need to fight over the Darksaber to be winners of the saber? Or does just throwing it and someone else picking it up count as winning?

As far as I can remember she never fought anyone to get that Saber. Neither did Sabine nor Ezra. They found it at Dathomir and Sabine gave it to Bo-Katan.
    Yep. And Bo-Katan wielded it. That's supposed to be the whole point the Armorer made about her bringing the curse.

There's been a lot of talk about who legitimately "owns" the Darksaber, and it appears it's really just what people believe. Mando didn't "fight Gideon over the Darksaber." He just fought Gideon defending himself,(or more expansively, to save Grogu) then took the Saber to disarm him, yet that counts. One could say Din didn't even fight cyborg-crab guy- he just fell into a trap - so that doesn't qualify. It's likely just whatever the plot wants to have happen.

Boisterously Confused

Yep. And Bo-Katan wielded it. That's supposed to be the whole point the Armorer made about her bringing the curse.

There's been a lot of talk about who legitimately "owns" the Darksaber, and it appears it's really just what people believe. Mando didn't "fight Gideon over the Darksaber." He just fought Gideon defending himself,(or more expansively, to save Grogu) then took the Saber to disarm him, yet that counts. One could say Din didn't even fight cyborg-crab guy- he just fell into a trap - so that doesn't qualify. It's likely just whatever the plot wants to have happen.
    Yah. Mando fought CEBB with The Sabre and lost, and CEBB took it. Bokatan fought CEBB and won wielding The Sabre. Ultimately, I guess it depends on how Favreau sees the rules.

Niffleheim

The only two characters that fought an opponent wielding the Darksaber and won have been Maul and Din. Those are the only similarities between these two fights

Edit: I just remembered Sabine and Gar Saxon
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-12-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The only two characters that fought an opponent wielding the Darksaber and won have been Maul and Din. Those are the only similarities between these two fights,
    Like I said. Up to Favreau.