Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

I had heard of Beq's character, being the lightsaber teacher to Younglings. And being a Jedi Master, as well as an expert in the form of deflecting blaster bolts.

And I'll be honest, I always liked Jar Jar. So the guy getting so much hate for it surprised me. I'm glad he got redemption.

It's nice to see Grogu finally getting into his Mandalorian training and getting his first needle gun. And it seems like The Way is accepting of the Force as a valid fighting technique for a Mandalorian. And Din is such a proud papa!

Is literally everything on this planet trying to kill them? Then again, it seems like everything is after everything on this planet.

So are Bo and Din the only ones with ships? How do the other Mandalorians get around? They obviously can only jetpack so far. Or was Bo just the one fastest to her ship?

I see the forge is like the bacta tanks in BOBF in terms of delivering traumatic but important flashbacks.

Man, seeing live-action Clones voiced by Temeura always perks me up even if they're also mercilessly killing Jedi. We even got a drop ship!

Considering how Bo talks about her father, I almost wonder if she was the favorite between her and Satine because she took to the Mandalorian training so much. I dunno, there's a lot about the sisters' backstory we still don't know a lot about.

I see that Mandalorians are big believers in private dining.

If you had told me that Grogu would be saved by a Jedi played by Ahmed best who first appeared in a youtube game show for kids and would then go on to dual-wield Lightsabers and ward off a bunch of Clones and win a high speed chase against a gunship in Coruscant...I would not believe you. But I'm glad Best got to really show himself off here and be awesome, he deserves it.

Although considering they roped him in...the Naboo Guards (can always count on them!)...could Jar Jar really be far behind? Unless they're keeping it ambiguous who Kelleran's friend was.

"He's my son!" Well, that definitely changes a few things. Does the helmet stay on or off during sex, I wonder? But House Vizla perseveres. I actually wonder if a part of Bo feels like she's making up for not being able to save Pre Vizla from Maul.

I was wondering what they'd do about the babies and they turn them into foundlings! Ha!

The Armorer is probably going to keep Bo talking about seeing the Mythosaur close to the vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And IIRC he didn't even do Jar Jar's voice, which was the real source of the irritation.
    No, I'm pretty sure he did Jar Jar's voice. There was a point in the Clone Wars cartoon where he wasn't able to voice Jar Jar for a few episodes and they hired somebody else and you could tell the difference immediately.

A few observations on today's episode (Spoilers of coruse if you haven't seen it).

We get a much better look at the pirate ship and a class-name. Still wonder if it's a modified Imperial design. The look is very similar to the Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer from "Legends", although much, much smaller. (The Eclipse is part of Disney's continuity too, but in that case it's an Executor-type)

Zeb from Rebels makes his live-action debut in a cameo, perhaps further setting up Ashoka. Wonder if the Adelphi base will play a part in that series later?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ecl...ss_dreadnought

Speaking of Legends, the New Republic building looks like of the various designs for the Imperial Palace. (In Disney continuity, the Imperial Palace is the Jedi Temple).

That's SNL alum Tim Meadows (Also Ladies Man, Goldbergs, Mean Girls etc) as the New Republic colonel

Managed to make an Imperial shuttle scary. The scene seems to play both homage to JAWS (When Brody and Hooper find the remnants of Ben Gardner and his boat) and ALIENS (R7's probe uses similar angles and lights to the one in the beginning of the movie). Wonder if R2 can detach his thing like that? Or given that R7 is probably a new model, probably not.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ecl...ss_dreadnought
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Great episodes easily my favorite of the season so far.

Was thinking I love Katee Sackhoff but she's too young to play Bo at this point in the timeline. I accept it because again I love Katee but I thought Rene Russo would have been perfect for this era's version of Bo.

Couldn't help but think of Starbuck with her fancy flying. "Nothing but the rain!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Couldn't help but think of Starbuck with her fancy flying. "Nothing but the rain!"
    Then grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Great episodes easily my favorite of the season so far.

Was thinking I love Katee Sackhoff but she's too young to play Bo at this point in the timeline. I accept it because again I love Katee but I thought Rene Russo would have been perfect for this era's version of Bo.
    Wouldn't Bo be Katee age at this point in the timeline?

I get an nefarious feeling about the armorer wants Bo to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wouldn't Bo be Katee age at this point in the timeline?

I get an nefarious feeling about the armorer wants Bo to do.
    Katee is 42 while Bo is estimated to be late 50's to early 60's by the time of Mando. Katee is about 15 to 20 years younger than Bo.

Eh, Star Wars has never been great with the ages when you think about it. Anakin, the Lars, Boba and Obi-Wan are 40s-50s in the OT but look substantially older, for example.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So do we think the Beskar at the scene of the crime is someone framing the Mandalorians for breaking Gideon out so the New Republic writes him off as executed instead of looking for him? (if so, why the implication that moles are already making it hard to get details about the incident and covering things up), or do we think it means that Bo's former associates did it on their own?

While the latter seems plausible, I'm not sure why they would break Gideon out to settle their own vendetta vs. just making sure his shuttle got blown up with him inside, killing him for good. Ultimately I assume the goal of this set up is for Gideon to return as an active villain, which makes for a lot of questions if Mandalorians had anything to do with it.

Since Bo's remnants were said to be "making it as mercenaries" I suppose that leaves room for them to be working for Imperial Remnants a la the Super Commandoes, but you'd think they'd be more discerning this time after the glassing of their core world.

Extraordinary Member

Great ep, this is what Star Wars was built for. Moss man got what was coming to him and the Armorer got some hammer time

"Why should we lay down our lives?" "Because we are Mandalorians!"Great moment.

Niffleheim

All those ppl died in the rebellion to create such an utter failure called the New Republic.

This episode was the rangers of the new republic. Din's story ended when he bathed in the living waters in the mines of mandalore.

I actually strongly dislike this season. The incompetency and bureaucracy is off putting give me a fascist like Dedra Meero and Elia on my team over someone like Captain Teva any day. Elia Kane can accomplish so many things with little power and play the system so well while Captain Teva has to go sooooo far to ask for permission when he could have just called and got a no.

Again I STRONGLY dislike the New Republic.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-29-2023 at 09:46 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Was thinking I love Katee Sackhoff but she's too young to play Bo at this point in the timeline.
    How so? We don't know how old Bo-Katan is.

If you consider that she could have been 17-18 during TCW, that would put her mid 40's for Mando. Or just about right for Katee.

And it's not at all outsode the realm of possibility, either. See also: Padme as Queen in her teens then Senator, Leia as Senator at 19, even Satine as a contemporary of Obi-Wan would have been ruling in her teens (Obi is 18 in TPM). The only wrinkle is Bo's story about taking the Creed in the mines. It would have to be right before her dad died and Satine ascended (which in turn would have to be right before TPM), and she'd have to have been 7-8 at the time. But still plausible.

Figure Bo is early 50's at worst. That's not too big a disharmony. And as a soldier she'd take good care of herself, plus as a royal/leader she'd have access to the best medical care.

I'm glad the season's main story feels like it's finally developing with this episode

Also not too concerned over Sackoff's age, it's easily handwaved off by saying Mandalorians simply age more slowly than other humans or sci fi medical care or whatever

Everybody's saying Bo or the Imperial Super Commandos might be the ones who freed Gideon although there *is* a certain Beskar-wearing former bounty hunter who used to do occasional jobs for the Empire out there....

I admit I'm kind of reaching on this one, but there have been rumors of BOBF season 2 here and there.

Be interesting if they did a homage to the ESB reveal of the "Refreshment" guests with Gideon in Vader's place.