Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Shortpack so he wouldn’t be treated as if he never existed

BANNED

I'd change Glob yet keep the precise body dimensions since Glob is such a magnet as a guy.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-29-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Wolverine - bi (like father like son, as others have said)
    Nightcrawler - repressed bi, but definitely has a thing for Wolverine (there's that infamous naked shot of them together)
    Colossus - gay (I liked hsi Ultimate Universe version, and if he's straight he's just going to keep not-being a thing with Kitty

Johnny Storm - gay for the lols.
    I feel like everyone misconstrues that cover where Nightcrawler is naked. I'm pretty sure that was a rib on Esaad Ribic's part to see if he could get it past editorial.

Spectacular Member

While this is true, it wasn't presented as if his orientation had changed over time. After all, it was the young version of him that was outed by Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Iceman - straight: I didn't care for the reveal/entire story of the O5, and doing a story where a gay Iceman sleeps with a girl and comes back out as straight to his friend and family would be an Iceman thing to do lol.
    You mean you want a return to the status quo? That is consistent with what was on the page and his character?
    This is was nothing but a forced retcon by Bendis and Alonso go showboat their progressive bonafides and to placate a group of MB enthusiasts.

I would honestly would prefer this current 'Iceman' to be a Skrull or the one from an alternate universe. We can bring the real honest Bobby Drake back.

Magneto is not just "gay". His sexuality is driven by his obsession, focus, and sense of self-importance. He is hot for Xavier, and Xavier only.

Xavier is open, fluid, but generally straight. Stereotypically British boys' school behavior: compartmentalizes his feelings for men and pursues women for conservative pair-bonded relationships.

Moira has experimented with EVERYTHING but has a type(male, white, privileged, optimistic).

Jubilee is strictly dickly but has weird sex dreams featuring various A-list X-Women.

M is asexual. No touching.

Husk is a lesbian.

Sunfire is closeted, violently.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lorna Dane.

She’s been Havok-sexual for far too long.
    Agreed, she needs a boyfriend/girlfriend that's not a Summers.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Iceman- I would make him bi, It would have been the better comic book fit imo mixing the old and new

Kitty, Rachel and Illyana -I would just want a clear declaration of what they like I don't care what it is just be clear so people can move on from that topic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Magneto is not just "gay". His sexuality is driven by his obsession, focus, and sense of self-importance. He is hot for Xavier, and Xavier only.

Xavier is open, fluid, but generally straight. Stereotypically British boys' school behavior: compartmentalizes his feelings for men and pursues women for conservative pair-bonded relationships.

Moira has experimented with EVERYTHING but has a type(male, white, privileged, optimistic).

Jubilee is strictly dickly but has weird sex dreams featuring various A-list X-Women.

M is asexual. No touching.

Husk is a lesbian.

Sunfire is closeted, violently.
    Whoa, do we see things differently! Husk is the very last x-woman I see anything but being heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Whoa, do we see things differently! Husk is the very last x-woman I see anything but being heterosexual.
    Yeah I’d change her. She’d be the girl version of Iceman. Despite all the powerful aggressive bisexual Claremazons stomping around the mansion, Husk would be drawn to very specific women.

Nightcrawler. For sure. I love the idea of this religious, joyful and upbeat character who looks very different and yet still has as positive attitude (i.e., is well adjusted in spite of everything) also being gay. It just feels like it would send such a positive message about loving yourself, and there’s something very solid there in him being both gay and also a man of faith. One of my best friends is gay and also deeply religious, which can sometimes seem like a conflict to people. But he doesn’t see it that way. After all, God made him the way that he is, therefore how can that be wrong?

Also, his friendship with the very gruff and macho Wolverine (who I don’t see as bi actually and have really only seen him as heterosexual throughout his existence), would also be even more important if Kurt was gay. It would show tolerance and acceptance by different types of people. And while, yes, there would be tons of folks trying to “ship” the pair, I love the fact that it would send a message that people who are very, very different can still forge strong bonds of friendship. Maybe because it resonates with me because I’ve done the same, despite growing up in the Deep South. My friend that I mentioned stayed in the closet for a very long time for fear of alienating himself from his parents. Ultimately it was his straight friends standing beside him that gave him the strength to come out.

There’s just so much to play with there. So, yeah, my vote is Nightcrawler. Hands down.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nightcrawler. For sure. I love the idea of this religious, joyful and upbeat character who looks very different and yet still has as positive attitude (i.e., is well adjusted in spite of everything) also being gay. It just feels like it would send such a positive message about loving yourself, and there’s something very solid there in him being both gay and also a man of faith. One of my best friends is gay and also deeply religious, which can sometimes seem like a conflict to people. But he doesn’t see it that way. After all, God made him the way that he is, therefore how can that be wrong?

Also, his friendship with the very gruff and macho Wolverine (who I don’t see as bi actually and have really only seen him as heterosexual throughout his existence), would also be even more important if Kurt was gay. It would show tolerance and acceptance by different types of people. And while, yes, there would be tons of folks trying to “ship” the pair, I love the fact that it would send a message that people who are very, very different can still forge strong bonds of friendship. Maybe because it resonates with me because I’ve done the same, despite growing up in the Deep South. My friend that I mentioned stayed in the closet for a very long time for fear of alienating himself from his parents. Ultimately it was his straight friends standing beside him that gave him the strength to come out.

There’s just so much to play with there. So, yeah, my vote is Nightcrawler. Hands down.
    I’d really like Kurt to be pansexual.
    He clearly likes women but he’s always struck me as the sort who just wouldn’t care about their gender, as long as he liked the person.
    But mostly because I agree with you, because he is indeed a fabulous example of acceptance and open mindedness.
    I have only just discovered the depth and breadth of his fanbase, a lot of it LBQT+ who see in him a way to celebrate difference, diversity and acceptance.

Whatever the sexual dynamic, Kurt and Logan is a fascinating relationship, it’s even stronger if it’s not sexual (and I say this as a woman who has written over forty slash stories between them!) as that depth of emotion between two very different men is so seldom seen in popular culture, it should be celebrated and appreciated. Men showing emotion with each other is so rare and so seldom shown.

58DBA20F-D066-4EA8-8D76-4C30FFC3ADC3.jpg
    This is love. No matter how you define it.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Whatever the sexual dynamic, Kurt and Logan is a fascinating relationship, it’s even stronger if it’s not sexual (and I say this as a woman who has written over forty slash stories between them!) as that depth of emotion between two very different men is so seldom seen in popular culture, it should be celebrated and appreciated. Men showing emotion with each other is so rare and so seldom shown.
    Could not agree more. Making them both bi or gay together somehow cheapens their deep friendship. Not sure why. I suppose because it reinforces that two men can’t love one another without being in love with one another or attracted to one another. Which is b.s.

Frenzy, and she can be with Skein.

Rogue will be bi.

and start a polyamorous relationship with Emma Frost forming a x men equivalent to Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy