Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I would change Daken's stereotypical manipulative bisexual trope bisexuality into normal non-offensive bisexuality.
    And I'd change Johnny Storm to be bi

And they could be written together more than subtext and not only as the writer's subtle ‘intention of sexual tension’.

Kitty, Yana, Rachel, and Storm. Confirmed, on panel, actual sexual preference. No more innuendo to be ignored by the next writer. Ambiguously gay duos belong on SNL, not X Men.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Kurt: *occasionally f*cks his sister/girlfriend*

Str8 ppl: i sleep

Kurt: *gives logan a little kissie*

Str8 ppl: i wake and cause active homophobia
    Lol this is killing me

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    lol, Magik and Rachel together would be an INFERNO of passion!
    I agree. Also... Inferno would be Jean Grey and Maddie getting it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Honestly, I just want it to be canon that Charles and Erik love each other deeply and have been fucking on and off for years. I’m cool with everyone else staying as they are.
    That would explain so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Kitty, Yana, Rachel, and Storm. Confirmed, on panel, actual sexual preference. No more innuendo to be ignored by the next writer. Ambiguously gay duos belong on SNL, not X Men.
    Are you saying they have, or that you want them confirmed?

Xavier confirmed bi alongside Magneto. After years of fighting I’d love to see these two crazy cats finally admit their feelings for each other.

Incredible Member

I'd like Illyana to confirm Ace-hood on the page, possibly mentioning killing those she loved in the past, molestation by Belasco, and finally just giving up on understanding or pretending to understand sexuality, and giving up trying to "blend in".

LGBTQIA has some representation across the board, including 'I' for Mystique, Cloud etc, so Illyana standing firmly for 'A' would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Honestly, I just want it to be canon that Charles and Erik love each other deeply and have been fucking on and off for years. I’m cool with everyone else staying as they are.
    Ew they're old.

Old people don't have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Are you saying they have, or that you want them confirmed?
    Fully confirmed one way or the other. I understand that back in the day things needed to be in code due to societal homophobia, but those days are gone. Bigotry is still a thing, but not to the degree it once was, and the need to be ambiguous about a character being anything other than straight is also mostly gone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Kurt: *occasionally f*cks his sister/girlfriend*

Str8 ppl: i sleep

Kurt: *gives logan a little kissie*

Str8 ppl: i wake and cause active homophobia
    Let’s face it, Str8 ppl are weird.

I probably wouldn't change anyone sexuality .Fans are way to invested in something that barely plays a part in superhero comics. And the genre would have embrace the mundane way more to please all the people and their ships.

I'd love for Laura Kinney to be confirmed on panel as bisexual, since she had relationship with Warren and was shown attracted to Hellion, but also her creator wished for her to be gay. Bisexuals need more representation in comics, and spectrum of attraction is fluent, sometimes you can discover it later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The case of Iceman is quite interesting, seeing as how older comics showed him interested in not only dating women, but also finding them attractive/lovely as well, like in Defenders #126 (1983).

Moondragon later admitted that she was telepathically broadcasting a general love me vibe to everyone on the Defenders team so that someone would remove the power-damper Odin had placed on her head.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is this a Bendis appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Iceman - straight: I didn't care for the reveal/entire story of the O5, and doing a story where a gay Iceman sleeps with a girl and comes back out as straight to his friend and family would be an Iceman thing to do lol.
    I would've made him bi. More flexibility for both camps.
    "Cable was right!"

Iceman. Make him straight again.

Because 40+ years of comics had a straight Bobby. You can be “in the closet” all you want, but when the older comics depict your heterosexual thought bubbles.. Bobby definitely loved the ladies. (I’ve been reading a lot of older comics lately when thought bubbles were still a thing).

Sorry... I’m still bitter about that. I feel they should have made a different character gay. Not one with so much history.