Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Let’s face it, Str8 ppl are weird.
    Hey now, don't generalize. I think Kurt shacking up with this sister is just not right, even if they weren't blood siblings.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I surprised Japan never gave Kurt his own anime for hooking up with his sister. Someone's sleeping.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I'd like Illyana to confirm Ace-hood on the page, possibly mentioning killing those she loved in the past, molestation by Belasco, and finally just giving up on understanding or pretending to understand sexuality, and giving up trying to "blend in".

LGBTQIA has some representation across the board, including 'I' for Mystique, Cloud etc, so Illyana standing firmly for 'A' would be nice.
    Yeah, she's always seemed uninterested in playing games with the other reindeer (despite a few flirty comments on guy's looks, from time to time). I could totally get her being ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Iceman. Make him straight again.

Because 40+ years of comics had a straight Bobby. You can be “in the closet” all you want, but when the older comics depict your heterosexual thought bubbles.. Bobby definitely loved the ladies. (I’ve been reading a lot of older comics lately when thought bubbles were still a thing).

Sorry... I’m still bitter about that. I feel they should have made a different character gay. Not one with so much history.
    The subtext with Bobby was there for years. The storyline with his father, Cloud, Northstar having a crush on him during Austen's run, Shatterstar flirting with him on Utopia...it wasn't a big leap for him to be closeted. Same with Storm or Kitty being bi, if they said it on panel it really wouldn't be shocking. I could see Dani being bi too, and Emma but in a more hedonistic way. Wolverine too in the same way the True Blood vampires were bi because they were so old labels stopped mattering.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

My wishlist:

Sunfire confirmed gay, but literally no one can pass his standards.

ForgetMeNot confirmed asexual.

Magneto and Charles confirmed bi and together. Storm's bisexuality made overt, because subtext is hard.

Rachel confirmed lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I'd like Illyana to confirm Ace-hood on the page, possibly mentioning killing those she loved in the past, molestation by Belasco, and finally just giving up on understanding or pretending to understand sexuality, and giving up trying to "blend in".

LGBTQIA has some representation across the board, including 'I' for Mystique, Cloud etc, so Illyana standing firmly for 'A' would be nice.
    Totally agreed here. I could have seen her as demisexual with Kate, but that ship might have sailed so to speak.

Speaking of Kate, I would have included her with Storm, but I feel like she needs some cooldown time after Gold before any big status quo shifting decisions are made for her. Thankfully, Marauders seems like a good place for her to go through some growth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The subtext with Bobby was there for years. The storyline with his father, Cloud, Northstar having a crush on him during Austen's run, Shatterstar flirting with him on Utopia...it wasn't a big leap for him to be closeted. Same with Storm or Kitty being bi, if they said it on panel it really wouldn't be shocking. I could see Dani being bi too, and Emma but in a more hedonistic way. Wolverine too in the same way the True Blood vampires were bi because they were so old labels stopped mattering.
    The problem with subtext is that it can be VERY YMMV, and not everyone will see the same things.

Take the panel everyone likes to post of Jubilee and X-23 from Liu's run. Some people like to hold that up and say "See? SEE?" Whereas I see someone trying to get a vampire to kill her in a story that's all about self-harm, and began with Laura slashing her wrists so badly in a bathroom that if she couldn't heal it probably would have been fatal ('cause you know, CONTEXT).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-13-2019 at 07:17 AM.

I like the idea of Magneto and Xavier as stilted lovers. They can be bi, or even just bi for each other because of their unique connection(I liked how in the Ultimate line they both left their wives to go found a mutant nation together).

Of course the goddess Ororo is bi for Yukio. I'd love to see that explored again.

Beyond that it's just wishful thinking. Like sure, I'd love to see Logan bi too, and maybe even that's what Lord Claremont intended(for Gambit too), but those first three are begging for it narrative-ly.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem with subtext is that it can be VERY YMMV, and not everyone will see the same things.

Take the panel everyone likes to post of Jubilee and X-23 from Liu's run. Some people like to hold that up and say "See? SEE?" Whereas I see someone trying to get a vampire to kill her in a story that's all about self-harm, and began with Laura slashing her wrists so badly in a bathroom that if she couldn't heal it probably would have been fatal ('cause you know, CONTEXT).
    True, but there are so many different incidents with Bobby, spread out across literal decades. Laura has never read bi to me, nor has Jubilee. People seem convinced of Illyana too but she just seems like a child abuse victim who's too repressed and damaged to bother with romantic relationships, no matter the gender.

Bobby was more interesting to me before he was outed. in general, these characters' sex lives aren't as interesting as speculating on their sex lives (to me). i miss the angst of him always getting into with his dad but them both pretending that it was the mutancy that was the issue. there's just not enough variety of gay imo. i have no complaint with Daken though. they've mostly treated that aspect of the character well; even if he's a bit predatory. i just think that he has a stronger more defined personality than Bobby Drake.

p.s. i think Illyana should be ace.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I like the idea of Magneto and Xavier as stilted lovers.
    it's really the only way to explain their relationship. they come across as each others' exes.

Because 40+ years of comics had a straight Bobby. You can be “in the closet” all you want, but when the older comics depict your heterosexual thought bubbles.. Bobby definitely loved the ladies. (I’ve been reading a lot of older comics lately when thought bubbles were still a thing).

Sorry... I’m still bitter about that. I feel they should have made a different character gay. Not one with so much history.
    like who? Bobby was the one with the least amount of stuff going on. and his relationship with Opal Tanaka was not convincing in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Honestly, I just want it to be canon that Charles and Erik love each other deeply and have been fucking on and off for years. I’m cool with everyone else staying as they are.
    Magneto definitely had a "we're going to ****" look on his face when he saved Charles from a wintery death. i think it was after Siena Blaze ambused Chuck and Scott.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hey now, don't generalize. I think Kurt shacking up with this sister is just not right, even if they weren't blood siblings.
    I was joshing. Kurt and Amanda is indeed very, very strange, and rather squicky, one of CC’s weirder ideas.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yeah, John Byrne talked about this as well back in 2007 as well when he was talking about the creation of Northstar: http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...713&PN=0&TPN=2

Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-13-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I can not believe people are still complaining about Iceman, actually I can absolutely believe it. What I meant to say is I am so very tired of seeing it.

OP, I don't understand the question, the X-Men are all already queer.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I can not believe people are still complaining about Iceman, actually I can absolutely believe it. What I meant to say is I am so very tired of seeing it.
    I'm just in disbelief that Alpha Flight #106 (1992) isn't brought up more often.