Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,056

    Default New Sonic Trailer With Improved Design


  2. #2
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Muuuuuuuuuch f***ing better!!!

  3. #3
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,283

    Default

    I'm actually interested in seeing the movie now.

  4. #4

    Default

    Huh. Other than Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, I can't think of the last time a video game turned movie used music from the video game.

    *shrugs* I'm on board now, I'll check this out.

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,371

    Default

    Credit where credit's due, that redesign looks 100% better. He actually really looks like Sonic now.

    So we're getting the "Sonic's world is from another dimension/planet" thing with a game-accurate Green Hill Zone.

    I wonder if Sonic ever calls Robotnik "Eggman" at some point. It wouldn't really make sense while he's still skinny. And you can tell Jim Carrey is having the time of his life playing him.

  6. #6
    BANNED Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    I'm interested now I will say that. Changing the Look somehow made his voice work better for me too now seems perfect.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Everything looked better with this trailer. From the look and tone to the music choices. I seriously wonder who thought Gansters Paradise had any place in a Sonic trailer that first time around.

  8. #8
    BANNED Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Everything looked better with this trailer. From the look and tone to the music choices. I seriously wonder who thought Gansters Paradise had any place in a Sonic trailer that first time around.
    Probaly was going for a so weird it's funny vibe lol.

  9. #9
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,379

    Default

    princess zelda approves of this.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,369

    Default

    New trailer sure makes the movie look more interesting, although I wonder how they'll explain Jim Carey's black-haired Robotnik becoming the red-haired guy we saw in the original trailer (that bit at the end were we see the character looking like his classic self)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #11
    BANNED Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Any idea how much this would cost to do? Like 10% the budget or more for the redesign? I have no clue just curious

  12. #12
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    Well props to paramount for actually listening to the fans. I think I might actually see this movie now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  13. #13

    Default

    Is there a Sega Studios now? Cause now I'm wondering what the next game-to-movie will be.

    Here's a list of all the franchises owned by Sega, as well as acquired by Sega.

    As for this movie, again, I'm there opening day, but I just realized if it gets a sequel...hello Tails. :/ I've always been lukewarm to the character, but Knuckles is awesome.

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    New trailer sure makes the movie look more interesting, although I wonder how they'll explain Jim Carey's black-haired Robotnik becoming the red-haired guy we saw in the original trailer (that bit at the end were we see the character looking like his classic self)?
    Looking at that scene in the original trailer where Robotnik zaps himself with Sonic's quills, it's probably Sonic's energy that starts transforming him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is there a Sega Studios now? Cause now I'm wondering what the next game-to-movie will be.

    Here's a list of all the franchises owned by Sega, as well as acquired by Sega.

    As for this movie, again, I'm there opening day, but I just realized if it gets a sequel...hello Tails. :/ I've always been lukewarm to the character, but Knuckles is awesome.
    A lot of people are speculating that the scene at the end of the last trailer with a relatively more game-accurate looking Robotnik was from Mushroom Hill (which is from Sonic & Knuckles).

    I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel features the human characters coming to Sonic's world and we get more of the game characters.

  15. #15
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh. Other than Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, I can't think of the last time a video game turned movie used music from the video game.

    *shrugs* I'm on board now, I'll check this out.
    Detective Pikachu used a lot of music.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •