Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    "a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble"... I start to get a really bad feeling... well, at least we have Crime-Master.
    Crime-Master is awesome. The grand-daddy of Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone and others. Lobo who was modeled on Lucky Luciano was a great villain.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Well, if one was inclined to think Gwen was Kindred, that solicitation certainly offers the possibility of explaining (at least to an extent) the big hole in the Gwendred speculation - why does she know or care about Gaunt, Fisk, etc.
    Leaning into "daughter of cop" is a good way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Crime Master is an odd one, she had no involvement with Otto when he was that, all that Crime Master did was make Peter's life harder, which made his relationship with Gwen worse
    Crime-Master is related to Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (ASM #26-27) and Kingpin (Untold Tales of Spider-Man #20), and he died before Gwen was created.

It looks like Gwen will be a support character of her own story again.

Crime-Master is related to Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (ASM #26-27) and Kingpin (Untold Tales of Spider-Man #20), and he died before Gwen was created.
    Oh, I had a brain fart, was thinking it was Master Planner for whatever reason lol.

Wasn't aware he was connected with Fisk too, just checked Untold Tales#20, Lewis is just mentioned in a line by Fisk, and if you don't know Crime Master's name, you'd never notice this detail.

Still, a bit odd to use him, the Goblin connection still has nothing to do with her.

I think it'll be about her investigating Crime Master and other villains, so maybe not, I just wonder if this will actually be relevant to her character, because showing her as a brave character doesn't count as a personality, it's just a trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wasn't aware he was connected with Fisk too, just checked Untold Tales#20, Lewis is just mentioned in a line by Fisk, and if you don't know Crime Master's name, you'd never notice this detail.
    Lewis is the one who got Toomes out of jail so he could kill Kingpin before Fisk becomes a menace.

Mighty Member

When I first saw this I honestly had to do a double take. I thought the cover was some type of parody mock-up using an Adam Hughes sketch.

I've been a little sour towards OG Gwen ever since the ASM movies put the character on a pedestal at MJ's expense, and then that bled over into the fandom. So... I probably won't be picking this up, but I hope her fans enjoy it.

We've had a lot of great MJ content lately so I can't complain. I'm just hoping this doesn't throw her under the bus again.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 11-13-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Leaning into "daughter of cop" is a good way to do it.
    I can't help thinking of Batgirl when that comes up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can't help thinking of Batgirl when that comes up.
    Sounds like they're leaning in on something like Veronica Mars. (I know her dad was an ex-cop in the series, thank you very much.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sounds like they're leaning in on something like Veronica Mars. (I know her dad was an ex-cop in the series, thank you very much.)
    Gage himself called this "Veronica Mars meets Lee/Ditko", so I'm curious to see what that looks like.

Remember that Many Loves Of Spider-Man one-shot where they had a young Carlie and young Gwen solving a crime together? Think we might end up getting something like that.

I've seen a lot of Nancy Drew comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen a lot of Nancy Drew comparisons.
    Nancy Drew is kind of the poster girl for the female teen detective archetype.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

It's Christos Gage and Todd Nauck, so I'm pretty sure it'll be good. I'm looking forward to it.

Astonishing Member

I do not know what Crime Master would have against Pete ( as opposed to Spider-Man), but he is male, knows Fisk and Norm, was in Ditko's run, and was in Hell. Sounds lke he could be a Kindred suspect.

Gwen Stacy, a teen detective who solves crimes, helps police and messes with Kingpin and Crime-Master level of crime?! Suddenly a Gwen with spider powers and rock star from another dimension doesn't seems like an absurd idea anymore.

I hope she won't be as annoying as PS4 MJ.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-13-2019 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

In the Lee-Ditko Crime Master 2-Parter it was the police that captured the Crime Master and not Spider-Man, so I imagine Gwen will be the one who played a hidden role in capturing the Crime Master in the course of Gage's run. It will be Gwen, Carlie, Yuri, George Stacy, DeWolff and all the cop characters who would in future either die or get bent who will band together to score this victory and so be retconned into Lee-Ditko.

Fisk didn't really become the Kingpin of Crime until ASM#50 when Peter went Spider-Man No More and in the vacuum of his absence Fisk made his move to take over (which is why I find the PS4 game about how Kingpin is necessary or the city will fall apart absurd...originally it was the other freakin' way around). So I kinda wonder how Gage will do that. Maybe Fisk will be a civilian businessman guy that helps out Gwen to take down the Crime Master.

Norman Osborn of course had dealings with the Crime Master (as well as Kraven per ASM#47 which inspired Spider-Man Blue) and Osborn's first in-panel appearance and dialogue was in the Crime Master 2-Parter where he talked to JJJ at the Gentleman's club (of which George Stacy was also retconned-in as a member in the Lee-Romita era).

So yeah what Gage is doing continuity wise maps well.

So, is this going to be a five issue mini-series in the background of a Lee/ Ditko two-parter?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets