Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    jesus is it good is it canon? and why?
    Because they never confirmed their surnames... thanks god...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Because they never confirmed their surnames... thanks god...
    They wanted to make it canon to Ultimate iirc, but because writers couldn’t do math that was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I could easily be wrong, but I feel like Christos Gage writing this makes me not believe as much that this will connect towards the main book, since he seems to do work that follows his (and retroactively Slott's) own ideas for Spider-Man and the characters, like Spider-Geddon, etc.
    It's possible that they asked him to do it though, you don't always have to do what you normally do when writing.

Either way, I just thought of something since at least the first issue is going to focus on Gwen's "origin", maybe we'll see her in high school? Because if so, maybe she'll get a costume to reference this one:

Similar to how an alternate version of Peter used the Spectacular costume in Zdarsky's run in Spectacular #302:

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It does seem very clearly a "Hey, Invisible Woman, Black Cat, and Mary Jane sold very well, lets do Gwen!" As a new "Untold Tales" like story ala Symbiote Spider-Man (which also didn't end up setting up anything ASM either), could be pretty interesting to see. Plus Todd Nauck's that guy who's always nice to see get work, as basically Marvel's go-to "Quick we need an artist for this, grab him he's available."
    It just seems kind of weird when there's already a Gwen book, even one starring a very different version of Gwen, and you would think they would prioritize her over the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nauck and Gage are the heroes who will cement Tsundere-chan as the true Gwen Stacy for the rest of time.
    There's only one proper tsundere in Spider-Man and it's Betty Brant .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just seems kind of weird when there's already a Gwen book, even one starring a very different version of Gwen, and you would think they would prioritize her over the original.
    Eh, 616 Gwen is getting a mini, so I don't see much of a problem.

Is she now? She was pretty honest about liking Peter, one issue even ended with her going after him, meanwhile, Ditko's Gwen is fits the trope so much that I kinda hate her .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Eh, 616 Gwen is getting a mini, so I don't see much of a problem.
    I know it's just a mini, but they're such diametrically opposed interpretations of Gwen Stacy that it just stands out to me that they're publishing two books of them at the same time.
    Is she now? She was pretty honest about liking Peter, one issue even ended with her going after him, meanwhile, Ditko's Gwen is fits the trope so much that I kinda hate her .
    Sometimes a tsundere can be more Dere then Tsun, but when they're Tsun...you better watch out .

A Gwen Stacy origin story comic? No words for how underwhelmed I am at the idea, but hope her fans like it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Gwen I wish to star this series...

e4c3bead84035b46051b022b9015198d15ff4ce7_hq~2.jpg

The Gwen I know that will star this series...

images (22).jpg

Betty is one step away to became a dandere in my opinion.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-13-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's possible that they asked him to do it though, you don't always have to do what you normally do when writing.

Either way, I just thought of something since at least the first issue is going to focus on Gwen's "origin", maybe we'll see her in high school? Because if so, maybe she'll get a costume to reference this one:

Similar to how an alternate version of Peter used the Spectacular costume in Zdarsky's run in Spectacular #302:

Notable there is that the older Peter's costume is also a cartoon reference. He's dressed like the Fox Kids Spidey.
    What would you think if Betty got a book? Considering her job, it could end up being similar to Lois Lane.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The solicit has been updated:

GWEN STACY #1 (OF 5)

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE
    Art by TODD NAUCK
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES

The First of Gwen Stacy’s AMAZING Adventures!

Gwen and Peter may not have met until AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31, but that doesn’t mean Gwen’s life began on that page. Learn the never-before told origin of Gwen Stacy, top of her class, daughter of the Police Captain and, as her friend Harry Osborn calls her, “The Beauty Queen of Standard High.” But she’s way more that you even know! Gwen’s got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble. In the early Marvel Universe, that’s a recipe for disaster. Don’t miss Gwen, Captain Stacy, Harry and Norman Osborn, Crimemaster, Wilson Fisk, Jean DeWolff, Yuri Wantanabe and even Spider-Man!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

GWEN STACY #1 (OF 5)

Gwen and Peter may not have met until AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31, but that doesn’t mean Gwen’s life began on that page. Learn the never-before told origin of Gwen Stacy, top of her class, daughter of the Police Captain and, as her friend Harry Osborn calls her, “The Beauty Queen of Standard High.” But she’s way more that you even know! Gwen’s got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble. In the early Marvel Universe, that’s a recipe for disaster. Don’t miss Gwen, Captain Stacy, Harry and Norman Osborn, Crimemaster, Wilson Fisk, Jean DeWolff, Yuri Wantanabe and even Spider-Man!
    Well, this sounds awful so that's a rock solid pass from me.

Good thing the public is super hot on Spider-man's girlfriend Gwen Stacy right now and this will highlight the character soon to be starring the Amazing Spider-man 2... Oh wait, that was Emma Stone and 5 years ago.

Seriously, we have a good Gwen Stacy now in Ghost Spider!

Do we really need more stories with the original Gwen? Despite her canonisation by some fans she was never a particularly great character and as sad as it may be, her legacy was built on being killed by the Green Goblin. Shoehorning in a previously unmentioned teenage adventurer phase isn't going to change that.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

"a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble"... I start to get a really bad feeling... well, at least we have Crime-Master.

Nah, Gwen's the tsundere, classic Betty is completely bipolar

Mighty Member

Well, if one was inclined to think Gwen was Kindred, that solicitation certainly offers the possibility of explaining (at least to an extent) the big hole in the Gwendred speculation - why does she know or care about Gaunt, Fisk, etc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Notable there is that the older Peter's costume is also a cartoon reference. He's dressed like the Fox Kids Spidey.
    Yeah, that was a nice reference too.

What would you think if Betty got a book? Considering her job, it could end up being similar to Lois Lane.
    Could work, but, how many people care about Betty? She was never a character who really looked popular, ever, so I'm not sure Marvel would bother trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

GWEN STACY #1 (OF 5)

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE
    Art by TODD NAUCK
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES

Nose for trouble? No quit attitude? Since fucking when?

Guess this will be her 5th personality, also incompatible with the rest lol.

Crime Master is an odd one, she had no involvement with Otto when he was that, all that Crime Master did was make Peter's life harder, which made his relationship with Gwen worse, and was Yuri even working with the NYPD back then? DeWolf probably was, but I'm not sure about Yuri.