Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Gwen Stacy Gets Her Own Series in February by Christos Gage & Todd Nauck

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...nd-todd-nauck/

Gwen and Peter may not have met until Amazing Spider-Man #31 in 1965, but that doesn’t mean Gwen’s life began on the page. Learn the never-before-told origin of Gwen Stacy in Gwen Stacy #1.
    Interesting concept. In fact this is Gwen Stacy's very own ASM #258 or Untold Tales of Spider-Man #16 or Parallel Lives, an attempt to define Gwen before she met Peter.

Gage is a continuity buff so my guess is that he'll use this to explain why Gwen was so harsh in the Ditko years only to reveal a softness after that. He might also try and add in stuff about her being interested in science and other nosh and how that squared with her being a beauty queen socialite in her first appearances.

In an overall meta-sense, spoilers:
    If Kindred-maybe-Gwen is true, this is a good way to reintroduce and remind people of Gwen
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I'm not the audience for this unless Jack's spoiler speculation is accurate. Gwen never really needed an origin, but I could handle seeing more of her and her dad (to compare and contrast w/Spider-Gwen), and I like the creative team. I'll just wait and see
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In an overall meta-sense, spoilers:
    If Kindred-maybe-Gwen is true, this is a good way to reintroduce and remind people of Gwen
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope there is a explanation for Gwen to go to hell ... other than Sins Past.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Ugh...I am really not sure how to feel about this.

I think this does offer a chance to actually give the original Gwen more character and layers then she ever had, but also run the risk of trying to make her more into the character fans thinks she is rather then the character she actually was (like a lot of revisionist takes on Gwen have done). I already get that sense from reading the solicit.

I'm curious/apprehensive how the mini will handle her relationship with MJ.

But, yeah, I can't think of a reason to do this now unless this ends up as a tie-in to what's going on in ASM.

Not sure how I feel about this. Interesting that they would give her a series with the whole Kindred mystery going on. However Reading a series centered around Gwen doesn’t really strike me as something I need to rush out and pick up. Is it even necessary at this point?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope there is a explanation for Gwen to go to hell ... other than Past Sins.
    end of spoilers

She’s blonde...no explanation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this does offer a chance to actually give the original Gwen more character and layers then she ever had, but also run the risk of trying to make her more into the character fans thinks she is rather then the character she actually was (like a lot of revisionist takes on Gwen have done).
    I hope they make har into what fans think, because if you read the issues before her death, Sins Past makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I hope they make har into what fans think, because if you read the issues before her death, Sins Past makes sense.
    I wonder if this will finally retcon Sins Past out.

I wonder if they'll end up revealing she's alive in the present? Thus setting up a second meeting with Ghost Spider (who she first met in Clone Conspiracy).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It doesn't really matter if it affects the present, good writer make extremely important character better character, good artist make it pretty, me buy with dollars maybe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It doesn't really matter if it affects the present, good writer make extremely important character better character, good artist make it pretty, me buy with dollars maybe.
    I think it matters if it effects the present if we're doing a story about a character whose story has pretty much effectively been told by this point and we're promoting the new young and hip version so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I disagree. I am all for changing stories that suck ( see 'Sins Past'). But ASM 121-122 were two of the greatest Spider-Man issues ever, and just like with 'Sins Past' screwing around with Gwen ( and failing), this is another attempt at revisionist history ) and I predict anorher failure ( but not as bad as 'Sins Padt').

iMan 42s

I hope it’s just a story about Gwen because if it’s supposed to explain Kindred then I just don’t care if it can’t be bothered to explain it in the book Kindred is actually in after all this time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I hope it's all about her mom, her high school years and her old friend... Harry?! Damn, she has a story with the Osborn Family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

*yawn* * yawn* *zzzzzz*

the only thing this says to me is marvel looked at the sales of amazing mary jane first issue and decided spider-man girlfriends were interchangeable so swap out the red head for blonde.

so much for the house of ideas.

even if i were interested in a gwen nancy drew stacy revisionist mess, christos gage makes this a double pass.