Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I hope it's all about her mom, her high school years and her old friend... Harry?! Damn, she has a story with the Osborn Family.
    Yeah she and Harry Osborn went to the same high school and dated each other. In ASM #33, Harry Osborn introduces her to Flash as "The ex-beauty queen of Standard High".

So it's likely that Norman met Gwen when Harry brought her over. Norman meeting Gwen before he met Peter, albeit maybe not before he met Spider-Man, is a definite seed that's there to be picked up.

I can imagine Marvel revealing that Gwen's true love always was Norman Osborn, since high school.

I'm curious about the timing, and Jack's theory makes sense.

This does seem to continue a trend of five issue mini-series (Symbiote Spider-Man, The Amazing Mary Jane, The Abrams/ Pichelli Spider-Man, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

the last of the big 3 of mj, felicia, gwen but the most boring one of them all so I dont know what this will do? Unless it will tie into the main story I'm not expecting much. Should I expect an Aunt May series next?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This mini series will end one month before ASM #50... god, Jack is right!

Wonder if Marvel is doing this because Peter's two other love interests got their own mini in the same year, so Marvel decided to make one about Gwen, or they're just using her because of Spider-Gwen's popularity, maybe both?

Though there could be a third possibility, like Jack's spoiler.

Still, this could be interesting, I see Gwen as basically having 4 incompatible personalities, first, a tsundere, but bitchier, second, MJ-lite (Happened before she was dating Peter, was pretty brief), third, absolute generic love interest, fourth, that super saint from post death, the fourth one would better be ignored since it's more about other characters talking about her and it's probably coping about her death, but either way, maybe those personality traits could be used in an organic way, could help her to become an actual 2-dimensional character, or maybe even 3-dimensional.

On the other hand, this could be a hilarious trainwreck that misses the point of her character and is a dumb story to boot too, but who knows, it could be something in-between too lol.

Gage is a writer who can be pretty good with characterization, but Gwen pretty much has no character, so it's gonna be interesting to see what he's gonna try.

Oh well, the timing is too much of a coincidence, now I'll believe in Jack's theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Gage is a continuity buff so my guess is that he'll use this to explain why Gwen was so harsh in the Ditko years only to reveal a softness after that. He might also try and add in stuff about her being interested in science and other nosh and how that squared with her being a beauty queen socialite in her first appearances.
    The harshness to softness is easy to explain, specially since in a few times (Like ASM#36) we can see in her thoughts that she's considering to be nice with Peter, ASM#37 also has this:

This is actually a plot hole, since Peter never actually saw her being nice to him, but point is, Gwen acts nice/considers to act nice on some occasions, and the way she acts when she's angry, it's obvious she's frustrated with Peter not giving her attention (Or in the case of ASM#36, frustrated that he's a coward, because apparently not wanting to deal with a super villain makes you one...), so it's easy to explain that her temper was gone because, at least with Peter, she just didn't have as much of a reason to be pissed with him, as she was decently happy with him.

That being said, while her temper can be explained, stuff like her being more of a diva being gone is way, way harder to explain, plus, the temper being so completely gone is questionable too, but yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the last of the big 3 of mj, felicia, gwen but the most boring one of them all so I dont know what this will do? Unless it will tie into the main story I'm not expecting much. Should I expect an Aunt May series next?
    But Aunt May already had one:

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Read one of its installments. Pure cringe.

And already they're doing character synergy on the solicit, with the elaboration on Gwen's top academic skills being that she likes science (as in the Garfield "Amazing" movies and the current animated series).

Furthermore, like the Bleeding Cool comments put it, we can consider J. Scott Campbell having plenty of variant cover work these coming months.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-12-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

jesus is it good is it canon? and why?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    This mini series will end one month before ASM #50... god, Jack is right!
    Hmm Peter and Mj fights against his Ex does that send a certain type of message?

Astonishing Member

Hmm Peter and Mj fights against his Ex does that send a certain type of message?
    I would actually like to see Gwen as Kindred and before killing Pete and MJ have uGhost Spider Gwen come along and kick her a---, but I doubt Marvel has the " Stones: ( little Emma Stone pun there) to do it. I am predicting Jill or Arthur Stacy ( with him most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Read one of its installments. Pure cringe.

And already they're doing character synergy on the solicit, with the elaboration on Gwen's top academic skills being that she likes science (as in the Garfield "Amazing" movies and the current animated series).
    Actually, no, she was always supposed to have top academic skills in science:

This is from ASM#53, and thing is, Lee/Romita were too lazy to actually make this part of her character, so it's an informed attribute, all the movies did was actually make that be part of the character, something Spectacular cartoon also did, and that's probably the only thing either version got right from comics Gwen, by using the attribute she never used lol.

jesus is it good is it canon? and why?
    It's a story that shows Aunt May and Mary being teenagers and messing around, I hear it's mediocre for the most part, and it heavily hints that Peter is actually Aunt May's kid, so yeah, not canon lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I could easily be wrong, but I feel like Christos Gage writing this makes me not believe as much that this will connect towards the main book, since he seems to do work that follows his (and retroactively Slott's) own ideas for Spider-Man and the characters, like Spider-Geddon, etc.

It does seem very clearly a "Hey, Invisible Woman, Black Cat, and Mary Jane sold very well, lets do Gwen!" As a new "Untold Tales" like story ala Symbiote Spider-Man (which also didn't end up setting up anything ASM either), could be pretty interesting to see. Plus Todd Nauck's that guy who's always nice to see get work, as basically Marvel's go-to "Quick we need an artist for this, grab him he's available."

Nauck and Gage are the heroes who will cement Tsundere-chan as the true Gwen Stacy for the rest of time.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

so is this taking place in the early 60s or is it "contemporary"? Does Gwen still wear the purple/green outfit regularly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this taking place in the early 60s or is it "contemporary"? Does Gwen still wear the purple/green outfit regularly?
    We'll find out eventually. My guess is that it will be like Slott's Learning to Crawl, Gwen will look like she did in the Romita era dated '60s fashions but there will be anachronistic touches here and there.

Will they do a '60s chiffon style a la Spider-Man Blue? Probably not because that style in that story had a purpose, it was evoking nostalgia and so on since it's told from Peter's POV. If you are telling a story from Gwen's POV and start before she meets Peter then it's different.