Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Movies you cant believe got sequels...

The sequel to:

Return of the Jedi. LOL!

I mean, I can believe why they did it (no $urprise there), and that it's now it's own trilogy.
    Just after the fact, what they did, wish they hadn't.
    Luke's story arc was told, starts off young reckless, impulsive, first fails in the cave, then rushes to face his fear, and fails absolutely, both mentally and physically loses the hand so he never forgets his failure.
    And symbolically replaces it. ...to what ends?
    He comes back, and instead of following Jedi dogma, and the push to kill his own father, and bury the fear that courses through him, what his vision revealed.
    He chooses a different path, his own path, and reinvents himself on the way as something new.
    Now symbolically dressed in black, he recognizes his worst fear, sees both sides (in his father) as part of himself, unafraid of it, chooses not to kill it.
    And instead tosses aside his saber. This single action not only defines and saves him, but finally shows his fallen father the path the redemption.

So what does this character defined by this story arc, this knowledge, and choice, supposedly do and become, when faced with that again?
    The exact opposite of everything he learned.

What does he have to teach a young new Jedi? Nothing!....tosses his "past", he's apparently a complete failure LOL!, Who for "surprise character subversion" now does and is the exact opposite of everything he learned and became.
    LOL!
    Is this character growth? Or character assassination?

I love passing the legacy story(it's what I imagined for him) but that they felt they had to undo and betray everything about the character and what he'd become, turn him into a sniveling, hiding, piece of shit coward, now trapped and controlled by his fear (which he never was), trapped and a slave to Jedi dogma (which he never followed), and obsessed with books (which he never needed), and whose instinct is now the exact opposite if everything he did, was, learned, and become.

This sequel really took a giant dump on his character. All just to tell their "new" rehash story.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-25-2019 at 04:42 PM.