Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What mini-series would you like to see?

Marvel seems to have clearly decided that five issue mini-series are the way to go, with Symbiote Spider-Man, the Amazing Mary Jane, the Abrams/ Picheli Spider-Man and more.

This makes a lot of sense. It seems to sell well in the short term, with projects ending before sales taper down. If something's really successful, there can be a sequel as with Symbiote Spider-Man. And in the long term, it's helpful for Marvel to have accessible graphic novels with Spider-Man and his supporting characters.

So, what type of projects would you like to see? What creative teams would you prefer?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Madame Web/Arachne.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Count me in for Scarlet Spiders, preferably written by Chris Yost and/or J.M. DeMatteis and starring Ben Reilly and Kaine (Parker) as they try to figure out where they stand with each other and in the world after the events of Spider-Geddon and the preceding events of The Clone Conspiracy and Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider (sans the last arc).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Jameson. He's never had a miniseries dedicated just to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jameson. He's never had a miniseries dedicated just to him.
    That would be a great one, too.

Mighty Member

*Norman while he was "dead," but none of the stuff related to him planning the Clone Saga. Some blackmailing, scheming, etc. - all that businessman BS that allows him to step back in and have an empire after returning in SM 75. Maybe saving Harry as a possible sequel series (could be wildly different from what I'm thinking if Harry is Kindred).

*Stunner and Lady Octopus

*I wouldn't hate a Max Modell early years thing - maybe tie him in with younger Reed Richards, Doom, Stark, etc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be a great one, too.
    Doesn't anyone agree?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Doesn't anyone agree?
    Chip Zdarsky should write it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Marvel seems to have clearly decided that five issue mini-series are the way to go, with Symbiote Spider-Man, the Amazing Mary Jane, the Abrams/ Picheli Spider-Man and more.

This makes a lot of sense. It seems to sell well in the short term, with projects ending before sales taper down. If something's really successful, there can be a sequel as with Symbiote Spider-Man. And in the long term, it's helpful for Marvel to have accessible graphic novels with Spider-Man and his supporting characters.

So, what type of projects would you like to see? What creative teams would you prefer?
    You missed Spider-Man: Life Story, which is one of the best mini-series in recent memory. I'd like to see the third story in Quesada's One More Day/ OMIT trilogy. You can argue Spencer's building up to that in ASM.

I would also be interested in the third installment of Spider-Verse. Spider-Geddon didn't do it for me. Slott really ruined Morlun for me and Cage quite literally finished him off.
    Last edited by RyanParkerMan; 11-20-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    You missed Spider-Man: Life Story, which is one of the best mini-series in recent memory. I'd like to see the third story in Quesada's One More Day/ OMIT trilogy. You can argue Spencer's building up to that in ASM.

I would also be interested in the third installment of Spider-Verse. Spider-Geddon didn't do it for me. Slott really ruined Morlun for me and Cage quite literally finished him off.
    I would like to see those, too, the first more so than the second, simply for the possibility of Peter and Mary Jane tag-teaming Mephisto. Second would be good, too, though I'd prefer if it was more like Spider Wars or Dark Nights: Metal over at DC where the main villains are alternate Spider-Men and Women, paying off the teaser at the end of Spider-Geddon with Spider-Norman Osborn, perhaps out for revenge after his brutal trouncing in the finale of Superior Spider-Man.