Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is "Into the Spider-Verse" one of the best films of the decade?

End of decade lists are coming out, and Into the Spider-Verse is doing pretty well.

Filmschoolrejects rated it the fifth best movie of the decade.
    https://filmschoolrejects.com/best-m...cade-2010s/10/

There were some other Spider-Man connections. The Social Network, which made Andrew Garfield's career, was in sixth place. Venom star Tom Hardy was the lead in their favorite film (Mad Max: Fury Road.) Black Panther and Winter Soldier also made the list in 52nd and 63rd place.

Two editors for Polygon considered it their favorite film of the decade.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/5/20...e-decade-2010s

What do you guys think of the respect for this film?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

i came late into the whole spider-verse hype but it seems to be ranked really hype maybe I need to rewatch it cause besides being a Great Spider-man movie I didn't think it was that mindblowing
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Hype is a big contributor, but the content stands solidly on its own that most of those brought in by the hype, would stay because of the substance. With "Spider-verse," Sony proved to Marvel that they CAN handle the Spider-film franchise competently.

"Ey, what's up danger?"
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

If I had to name best movies of the decade, it would be stuff like

Get Out
    Mad Max Fury Road
    Gone Girl
    Sorry to Bother You
    The Nice Guys
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    Lincoln
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    The Man Who Killed Don Quixote
    Sully

Into the Spider-Verse would definitely be the best animated movie of the decade however.

I'd consider Into The Spider-Verse to be one of, if not the best, superhero film of this decade. And considering this decade is probably the definition of the "superhero film", then yeah, it definitely deserves to be on those lists.

The Road Chip came out in 2015, guys.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'd consider Into The Spider-Verse to be one of, if not the best, superhero film of this decade. And considering this decade is probably the definition of the "superhero film", then yeah, it definitely deserves to be on those lists.
    You know this is the first decade where "10 Best Superhero movies" actually makes sense as a list.

Best Superhero adaptations of this decade.
    1) LOGAN
    2) Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
    3) Wonder Woman
    4) Deadpool 1
    5) The Boys Season 1
    6) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (I go back and forth between this and Vol.1 but Yondu's death seals the deal).
    7) Netflix Daredevil Season 1
    8) Avengers Infinity War
    9) X-Men First Class.
    10) Doctor Strange

I included live-action TV shows because The Boys and Netflix Daredevil are really really good and because putting them here is the only way to make sure they aren't crowded out. I'd also add in Batman Arkham City, Arkham Knight and Spider-Man PS4 but I think those titles would feature in the 10 best games list as it is.

It's definitely one of the best animated films of the decade, but for me personally that's more due to it's animation and kinetic sense of style rather than the plot. As a full film, it's definitely good, but story wise, it felt a bit overhyped. There's been better.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Yes, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is one of the decade's best films. It would probably be my #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    It's definitely one of the best animated films of the decade, but for me personally that's more due to it's animation and kinetic sense of style rather than the plot. As a full film, it's definitely good, but story wise, it felt a bit overhyped. There's been better.
    It's probably the most memorable Spider-Man animation since Spectacular ended.

Extraordinary Member

It is an incredible movie that really proved that animation isn't just for kids.

It’s the best Spider-Man movie by far. The only argument that can be made would be if people consider the PS4 version a sort of animated movie as well. If so then the PS4 was the best with spider verse coming in second. Every other Spider movie falls far behind those.

As far as Superhero movies go, I might have Logan in the number 1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    It’s the best Spider-Man movie by far. The only argument that can be made would be if people consider the PS4 version a sort of animated movie as well. If so then the PS4 was the best with spider verse coming in second. Every other Spider movie falls far behind those.

As far as Superhero movies go, I might have Logan in the number 1 spot.
    The PS4 game was for Peter what Into the Spider-Verse was for Miles in my opinion.

Winter soldier and Enter the Spiderverse are the 2 best superhero movies of the decade. Get Out maybe the best overall.

Def. one of the best animated movies of the decade. Hard to say if it's one of the best of all decade movies; so much to go through.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)