Mighty Member

Default Movies with DUMB endings?

What are some movies where the characters don't really think things through before they finish things?

The old guy from the end of New Jack City comes to mind. Sure, Nino was a prick who deserved to be shot but the old guy's gonna go to Rikers or wherever and I wonder if he'll ever survive his sentence in such a place. The guy must REALLY love his community!

What's a dumb ending that bugs YOU?

Signs. Really dumb metaphysical bs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dragon Ball Evolution and Last Airbender.

Those a-holes REALLY thought they were getting sequels to those awful films? Please.

Piccolo still alive in DBE;

And the reveal of Azula in Airbender;

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What are some movies where the characters don't really think things through before they finish things?

The old guy from the end of New Jack City comes to mind. Sure, Nino was a prick who deserved to be shot but the old guy's gonna go to Rikers or wherever and I wonder if he'll ever survive his sentence in such a place. The guy must REALLY love his community!

What's a dumb ending that bugs YOU?
    Considering Nino was going to serve a rather light sentence given everything he'd done, maybe the old man just had enough of Nino getting to run roughshod over his neighborhood and not getting the punishment he actually deserved. That said, I did wonder what would have happened to him afterwards.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

(thanks). Hmmm, shoulda really titled this "Movies where people do DUMB things in the end".

Here's another - Ferris Bueller leaves his friend to deal with an soon to be enraged father. Does the dad have a gun as well? Mr Bueller may be partly responsible for a domestic murder suicide...

(thanks). Hmmm, shoulda really titled this "Movies where people do DUMB things in the end".

Here's another - Ferris Bueller leaves his friend to deal with an soon to be enraged father. Does the dad have a gun as well? Mr Bueller may be partly responsible for a domestic murder suicide...
    I bet his dad laughed in the end.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

... before he pulled the trigger!

80s movie explorers. It was a neat sci fi film then that lame ending with the stand up comedy aliens ruined it all.

Glass--what a trash ending. Killed the whole series for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering Nino was going to serve a rather light sentence given everything he'd done, maybe the old man just had enough of Nino getting to run roughshod over his neighborhood and not getting the punishment he actually deserved. That said, I did wonder what would have happened to him afterwards.
    One guy's take...

What the old guy did was the only possible route to the film's epilogue that comes after Brown is murdered.

Extraordinary Member

Planet of the Apes 2001. Abe Ape.

Yes. Yes he did love his community. Bill Cobbs character motivations was consistent in all his actions up to and including finally taking out Nino on his own. He went to Nick Ashford in the church and the CMB was giving treats to kids and he gets the bum rush, takes a group of citizens to the police station later, gets nowhere real fast. 'The old guy's gonna go to Rikers' was an acceptable end for him because he had warned twice already. In a Western he'd have been the hero of the movie.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Top 3:

The Mist remake
    Titanic
    No Country For Old Men
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Bunch of horror movies where the killer/monster is one step ahead of the main characters all the way through the movie and then makes a stupid error at the end, allowing himself to be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I bet his dad laughed in the end.
    Haha I doubt it, but maybe. The fact that the movie leaves it to the imagination is part of that movie's greatness. Never explain the watermelon, you know?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Golden Compass, but not for the reason you are looking for. The ending was terrible because they were expecting a sequel, and just cut off the original ending of the movie intending for it to be the opening of the next movie. Instead, they just ended the movie at an arbitrary point that made no damn sense.