Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Do you have a source for where it’s said Wakanda had banned ALL mutants from the kingdom? My understanding was that the X-Men were banned after they were allied with Namor when he basically launched a WMD on the capital. Banning a group of mutants who the government deems potential threats is not the same as banning all members of a subspecies. Namor is a foreign mutant king, it doesn’t make sense for Wakanda to treat their own native-born mutants worse because of an Atlantean (who Wakanda had issues with even before AvX). Given the scale of his attack it’s actually very likely that Wakandan mutants died because of Namor.
    https://worldofblackheroes.files.wor...uences-1-7.jpg

No mention of the XMen.

It's so weird how one sentence got blown up like this. Maybe I missed something but is there even a conflict? Xavier made an offer, Wakanda passed. Simple and done. I read it as T'Challa was more indifferent than anything else.

BANNED

Wakanda shooting mutant kids out of the sky solely because of their DNA AFTER the X-gene was restarted with the king looking on satisfied. Storm is good for a lay every now and then but if the going gets rough, she gets shot out of the sky (also reminiscent of whenever he locked her up in a power-dampening room after "acting up")

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    only those mutants associated with the ones that attacked wakanda would be hunted down. notice she said herself and namor fell under that banner but none of the xkids. I'm thinking those mutants that would be enemies were those who fought against the avengers during avx over hope which were the older of xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaceWindu View Post
    It's so weird how one sentence got blown up like this. Maybe I missed something but is there even a conflict? Xavier made an offer, Wakanda passed. Simple and done. I read it as T'Challa was more indifferent than anything else.
    exactly. nothing to see here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    only those mutants associated with the ones that attacked wakanda would be hunted down. notice she said herself and namor fell under that banner but none of the xkids. I'm thinking those mutants that would be enemies were those who fought against the avengers during avx over hope which were the older of xmen.
    Wolverine being aligned with the Avengers was one of the main plots of the book. Did Storm knock her future ex-husband's brain out so hard that he forgot?

BANNED

Has Storm ever asked herself where the Purifiers or Orchis got their vibranium from?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So a rich white man of self-proclaimed superior race wants to oust the legitimate government of an African nation that takes white imperialism so seriously they don't give out the cure for cancer for not making an alliance with him?

...We're SUPPOSED to feel uncomfortable by this, right?
    Marvel did say X-Force was supposed to be the mutant equivalent of CIA, so the Kraked working to destabilize foreign regimes and replace their administrations with "friendlier" administrations toward Krakoa is right up their mandate.

That being said.
    Beyond the unfortunate implications that you highlighted.

The shocking part here is more the fact that Wakanda was an allied country to the X-Men in the Red series last time we
    checked.
    Krakoa to repay THIS by working against the government that stood out for mutantkind over a matter of economic independence is bound to be seen as a complete betrayal by the Wakandans.

Not gonna lie, I expect some trolls to come here and say Wakanda deserves this. Somehow.
    Or that they are enemies of mutantkind. Somehow too.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Has Storm ever asked herself where the Purifiers or Orchis got their vibranium from?
    ...Do you think Wakanda gave the Purifiers and Orchis vibranium or are you saying the Purifiers and Orchis stole vibranium?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think a conflict of interest is inevitable. I await a meeting between Wakandan officials and The Krakoan representatives. The question could be is this a conflict of individual vs collective or nature vs nurture? Some territories may feel they don't need to accept the Krakoan deal because mutants are not hunted and targeted for extinction. So Wakanda and other nations could view any Black Market activities within their territories as hostile. What happens if a mutant in Wakanda wants refuge but breaks a law in a country not aligned with the deal?

Wakanda could also form their own team of Wakandan born mutants as a group that rallies support for Wakanda and having a defense force against the Maruaders. This could get messy for the X-men. Now what happens if a young mutant is being held against their will by someone using them for their own gains? The X-men freeing them and providing safety could be spun as a kidnapping? If it happens i hope we get good complex build up to this issue?

BANNED

...Do you think Wakanda gave the Purifiers and Orchis vibranium or are you saying the Purifiers and Orchis stole vibranium?
    I thought Wakanda had tight control over their vibranium stock, how could AIM or Stryker evangelical goons steal it?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Mutants tried to negotiate with Wakanda in AvX. They dealt honestly while Wakanda was double dealing, secretly holding a Mutant prisoner and harboring anti-Mutant extremists. At least this time they’re being open with their hostility. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they were supplying vibranium to similarly-minded organizations.

Wakanda is probably secretly funding Orchis all along and giving them free Vibranium to build super sentinels.

I just jumped through a hoop there, and pretended that I knew what Wakanda currently thinks about the status of mutants right no. Just like everyone making up bullshit about what Krakoa things about Wakanda.

Maybe Wakanda is just straight out neutral in the whole thing and not opposing Krakoa as a nation, and not needing to trade with them because their medical needs are already taken care of. So maybe the two countries are just neutral to each other.

But don't let me stop everyone from talking about how evil the mutants are and how they are engaged in a coup to kill T'challa and sieze power over Wakanda. The question I have to ask is why would the Krakoan's bother? They aren't trying to rule the world, they just want to live in peace as an equal country with other countries.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Coates be the type to retcon in that Wakanda gave Trask the first Sentinel schematics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Mutants tried to negotiate with Wakanda in AvX. They dealt honestly while Wakanda was double dealing, secretly holding a Mutant prisoner and harboring anti-Mutant extremists. At least this time they’re being open with their hostility. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they were supplying vibranium to similarly-minded organizations.
    XForce data page clearly indicated Krakoa maintained friendly relationships with non treaty nations. Wakanda in turn has citizens joining the Reavers. But somehow its gonna get turned into the writers at fault so we can circumvent discussing the inuniverse mechanic.