Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The whole point of XForce is to deal with countries pretending to be friendly or neutral while doing some shady stuff. The very fact a Wakandan showed up in issue #1 is a good indication of what to expect. They also dont look to be some random rogue group. Theyre working with the president of Sokovia. A head of state whos must have had dealings with Tchalla. Its very suspicious.
    I'm not yet sure the President of Sokovia knew about the tracker. Percy likes the term "rogue elements in government" so it's possible the waiter or someone else planted it. Kill some mutants and make the sitting President look bad? Two birds with one stone.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'd prefer if it was like the Cold War between the two nations. Some political threats here and there. Some spy missions and animosity, but never a full scale war.

Mostly because there is nobody writing currently who would have Wakandas' back when it came to planning out the war in a writers room. lol

As for Vb, Vanisher stole Vb for a little while before Kasper Cole stopped him. So there could be a healthy supply on the black market.

We could also have poxy wars because Wakanda is economically protecting three neighboring countries.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-12-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Based on what?

A lot of blanks seem like they are being filled in with "Whatever I Want This To Look Like..."
    Coates had Tchalla in a meeting with a bunch of dictators in an early issue of his run. Nothing would surprise me now. lol

BANNED

Per the OP:

There is nothing to indicate Krakoa and the mutants are undertaking any kind of active espionage or destabilization efforts in Wakanda. Including any material in X-Force #1. So the OP's premise is flawed. I suspect Wakanda, while non-aligned, is not their first priority vs. openly aggressive nations like Latveria, Russia and now Sokovia.

Per the other points made: There is no indication the Wakandan(s) in residence at the Reavers'(?) summit are operating with the knowledge or sanction of the Wakandan government. My suspicion is it is anti-mutant individuals operating independently as rogues within the government. Should that be handled, yes. Does it leave Wakanda proper blameless, no. But it's not the same thing as Wakanda's ruling government actively allying with an anti-mutant cabal. My bet is there were also citizens from Krakoan-friendly nations in that room.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Coates had Tchalla in a meeting with a bunch of dictators in an early issue of his run. Nothing would surprise me now. lol
    It is called real politik

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    My bet is there were also citizens from Krakoan-friendly nations in that room.
    100% agreed and Percy hinted as much in one of his interviews.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd prefer if it was like the Cold War between the two nations. Some political threats here and there. Some spy missions and animosity, but never a full scale war.

Mostly because there is nobody writing currently who would have Wakandas' back when it came to planning out the war in a writers room. lol

As for Vb, Vanisher stole Vb for a little while before Kasper Cole stopped him. So there could be a healthy supply on the black market.
    I remember that. Last issue of World of Wakanda, and Kasper found out through Cardiac, whom Vanisher sold the stolen vibranium to because Cardiac needed it to maintain his gear and power source.

As for Wakanda withholding the cure for cancer from the world, Norman Osborn also came up with that during Dark Reign, and what did he do with it? Attempt to kill Deadpool by negating the cancer intertwined with his healing factor so that the healing factor would go out of control. Let's not forget that at that time, Norman wasn't acting as the crazed, murderous supervillain he really was most of the time, but as the head of the most powerful security force in the world and with a sizable amount of political influence and capital and public goodwill after he'd "singlehandedly" killed the Skrull Queen Veranke and thwarted her Secret Invasion. That being said, what would have happened if Wakanda had given the cure for cancer to the rest of the world, and true to Wakanda's suspicions, somebody had weaponized it like Osborn did his? Who do you think that'd get used on first, in the Marvel Universe?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't see much of a conflict between them *yet* but I dunno, it bugged me that Wakanda doesn't need the drugs which means they have life-saving drugs, which means they are not sharing with the world? Or did they say they didn't need them out of some kind of spite? Again, no conflict yet in my eyes but these seem to be questions that will be explored later.
    Is it really that different from Krakoa hiding life-extending medicine unless they receive recognition?

Anyway, I went back and one of the sources I was thinking of I misread. My mistake on that part, at least, I'll have to go back and double check everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is it really that different from Krakoa hiding life-extending medicine unless they receive recognition?
    Why are other nations entitled to Krakoan goods after decades of persecuting Krakoa's sole citizenry? Why should Krakoa not request simple sovereignty in return?

Extremely different. The recognition is for their survival. Plus part of the Marauders' mission statement is to secretly get the drugs into the countries that have declined the deal. "Get the drugs in. Get the mutants out".
    Last edited by JB; 11-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Anyway, I went back and one of the sources I was thinking of I misread. My mistake on that part, at least, I'll have to go back and double check everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Why are other nations entitled to Krakoan goods after decades of persecuting Krakoa's sole citizenry? Why should Krakoa not request simple sovereignty in return?
    Exactly, and by that same token, why is the rest of the world entitled to something they could relatively easily develop themselves if they actually gave a s*** about their people and not just about exploiting them for money, power, and status?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Phil calling her a Mutie is the same him calling her a Kyke or other slur against Jewish people.
    <---Black father, Jewish mom: No, it isn't!

I've had years to get over how pretentious that panel is, but Jesus, Claremont could get up his own backside at times. Such cringe. Feels like a Michael Scott speech from the office.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    <---Black father, Jewish mom: No, it isn't!

I've had years to get over how pretentious that panel is, but Jesus, Claremont could get up his own backside at times. Such cringe. Feels like a Michael Scott speech from the office.
    Hard to say that for sure. We don't have mutants in our world. "Mutie" does seem to be Marvel shorthand for a word C***K, W*****K, or N****R.

So a rich white man of self-proclaimed superior race wants to oust the legitimate government of an African nation that takes white imperialism so seriously they don't give out the cure for cancer for not making an alliance with him?

...We're SUPPOSED to feel uncomfortable by this, right?
    I'm actually uncomfortable with how this thread gave me an instant understanding and an example of a "click bait" article.
    But I got some questions/corrections
    1. Xavier is not some shrewd 1% trying to take advantage of a socioeconomically disadvantaged black dude. T'Challa is richer than Xavier.
    2.Theres not one mention of ousting/overthrowing the Wakandan government
    3."Self-proclaimed... Superior"? Not by Xavier and that is certainly not the ideology of the X-Men. Krakoa wasn't formed cause Mutants believe themselves Superior. It's for their safety.
    4.Wakandas statement is that it didn't need the flowers, and judging by the advanced AF nation that holds it's secrets and successes tightly it likely means they already have similar products for their citizens.
    5. White Imperialism?? Again Krakoa has in no way threatened the sovereignty of another country . Why go to the hassle of building a new nation from the ground up if the plan all along was to just take over land that's readily available?? And this tooootally not a race thing not sure if you're aware of the tone of your post but it's silly to imply BP would be cool with everything Krakoa if Xavier was black.
    Just sounds biiiiit disingenuous
    <---Black father, Jewish mom.
    Dude are you Drake?

Ha yeah I'm definitely with you there. Kitty Prydes whole spiel is eyerollingly bad. Even as a kid it annoyed me..the fact she makes a similar speech 2 other times probby contributed to my dislike of the character
    GrindrStone(D)

I think the OP is way overboard but I will say I feel like Hickman planted the seed for a potential conflict. In the HoX issue where the non treaty signing nations were listed Wakanda was high lighted in red which so far has meant it is a matter of future or current significance.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.