Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Amazing Member

So how does Broo the Brood fit into all of this, as he works for Black Panther as an Agent of Wakanda while also having been an X-Man? We also know he's on good terms with the X-Men: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...87248352047104

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    He inherited his X-gene from his Russian father, and thanks to general Wakandan xenophobia she is treated like dirt for having had a relationship with an outsider which lead to her treating Gentle the way she did, basically Wakandans are racist, jerks.
    None of that has anything to do with the fact that when he’s reflecting on Wakanda after his return he said wasn’t mistreated because of his X-gene. The racism he was faced with in Wakanda was because he was the child of a foreigner. Wakandans have rejected foreigners of various races. T’Challa himself has said most Wakandans consider themselves a race all their own. And if it matters, he calls this mindset foolish and says he is trying to change it. In my previous post I concede that Gentle’s origin has since been retconned. We’ll see what characterization of Wakanda X-Men writers choose to take going forward. It likely won’t be very centric to the story Hickman is trying to tell and like others have said I doubt a major conflict is on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    So how does Broo the Brood fit into all of this, as he works for Black Panther as an Agent of Wakanda while also having been an X-Man? We also know he's on good terms with the X-Men: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...87248352047104
    He's betrayed his people twice...it won't be long till he's working with Namor
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I think it's all good as long as he doesn't interfere with the drug/non-treaty situation.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The most recent times we've seen T'Challa interacting with mutants he was actively helping or being helped by them. The Wakanda/Krakoa conflict makes no sense, much like numerous other things with Hickman's X-Men.
    i agree, he helped jean in x men red
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Would love to crack some of y'all's heads open and read this conflict. But alas...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Would love to crack some of y'all's heads open and read this conflict. But alas...
    I honestly don't think it's gonna happen for a while yet, if ever.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

gentle.jpg Then there is this panel.

Astonishing Member

In fairness, even aside from ye olde heart vs Duty; the recent changes to Wakanda’s government means that what T’Challa thinks is not necessarily going to be Wakandan policy, especially since the devastation Namor caused contributed to the near-revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Conflicts with this panel over being a mutant. And based on the picture in his hand, his mom didn't mind that outsider dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Conflicts with this panel over being a mutant. And based on the picture in his hand, his mom didn't mind that outsider dick.
    Did his father stay in Wakanda after his son was born? If he wasn't around anymore, the mother was left alone with her son to face the prejudices of her people, the proof of her misalliance being her son.
    Then, it's not that that she hated her son, but she wouldn't be reminded all the time something that she did and caused her to be marginalized.
    Growing and being considered as a fault to be hidden is certainly very detrimental…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Did his father stay in Wakanda after his son was born? If he wasn't around anymore, the mother was left alone with her son to face the prejudices of her people, the proof of her misalliance being her son.
    Then, it's not that that she hated her son, but she wouldn't be reminded all the time something that she did and caused her to be marginalized.
    Growing and being considered as a fault to be hidden is certainly very detrimental…
    I don't know, but that's the logical conclusion I came too. She even gave him a German name and the background in that pick looks like Wakanda. So if it's a "Bronx Tale" situation, she knew while in the relationship.

I think the simple truth is Yost needed a reason for Gentle to be hated like other mutants, but it wouldn't work if he always had a place to go to escape the prejudices of living in America. So he magnified an aspect of Wakanda just for Gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    His mom ain't **** and his dead beat father is a ****.

Thank God the X-Men took him in. Jean is his mom now.

It is possible for racists to be exceptions to the rule in a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

"I find myself longing for their inane chatter. For their constant interruptions."

You and me both, Gentle! Bring them all to the forefront!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!