Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    His run was terrible
    To say the least pal.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think I kept reading due to Stockholm's but overall I'll give it a 6/10. Earth heroes on the team plus two X-Men cross-overs were nice. I was glad when Kitty, Venom and Thing were on the team but I honestly thought at that point Humphries should've gotten the title since his Star-Lord and Kitty were better than what Bendis was giving us.

I really have a lot of catching up to do. I missed Duggan's run too.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think I kept reading due to Stockholm's but overall I'll give it a 6/10. Earth heroes on the team plus two X-Men cross-overs were nice. I was glad when Kitty, Venom and Thing were on the team but I honestly thought at that point Humphries should've gotten the title since his Star-Lord and Kitty were better than what Bendis was giving us.

I really have a lot of catching up to do. I missed Duggan's run too.
    Kitty was pointless. Bendis was just retreading what he has been doing with his waifu back in Ultimate Spider-Man. The romance was absurd.

Venom and the Thing have no place on a team like the GOTG.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Most of it was MCU synergy + Bendis being allowed to get away with anything because he sold big enough numbers.

While you aren't wrong with anything you say, and I agree the run is awful, I can see what Marvel wanted; to recreate the film on the page and get people to read it.

DnA's run was great, but it didnt sell. Bendis sold x3 the amount with his run, at least at the start, so he got to write his way
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is more justified and accurate this time, as both DC and Marvel have been editorially weak since the corporate types have exerted more power and fewer editors have been mentored by seasoned ones. Both companies are a mess, editorially; because their mission isn't to sell comics. Their job is to maintain trademarks of intellectual property, for exploitation in bigger media (movies, tv, games and merchandise). Neither Disney nor Warner give a flying copulation about comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I have faith in Ewing and what he intends to do in 2020. He wrote a short segment in the Guardians Annual and I feel (although he only wrote about Nova and Quasar) he understands what DNA crafted, and why people like it.
    Cates hasn’t been bad, I still feel like he wasn’t exactly too sure where to take them either, though.

Bendis’ run is just terrible.
    Al Ewing is a saint of Marvel Cosmic but his run will be niche at best like Dan Abnett's run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Al Ewing is a saint of Marvel Cosmic but his run will be niche at best like Dan Abnett's run.
    Debatable. Immortal Hulk has really raised his profile, I imagine a lot of the fans from that run will follow his new work in Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Debatable. Immortal Hulk has really raised his profile, I imagine a lot of the fans from that run will follow his new work in Guardians.
    Cosmic heroes have always been Marvel's red headed stepchildren, with the possible execption of Silver Surfer