Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zod playing Magneto to Kal’s Xavier in New Krypton was his best characterization. I’m all for that getting another try.
    Some people are saying Zod is now the Vegeta to Superman's Goku. Or a Black Adam to Captain Marvel/Shazam. It's a parallel I would be interested in exploring under another writer personally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Some people are saying Zod is now the Vegeta to Superman's Goku. Or a Black Adam to Captain Marvel/Shazam. It's a parallel I would be interested in exploring under another writer personally.
    It makes sense considering their people became an endangered species in a blink of an eye, they can't keep being an odds honestly and I love the idea of New Krypton's success being an of both houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    The New Krypton storyline was the first time I saw that characterization of Zod (up until the terrible ending), and it was also my first Zod story that I liked. I think it’s far more interesting to have Zod be focused on securing the continued existence of Kryptonians at any cost, rather than trying to recapture the magnetism of Stamp’s hammy Zod. So this characterization is one I hope gets continued even if everything else gets undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zod playing Magneto to Kal’s Xavier in New Krypton was his best characterization. I’m all for that getting another try.
    As am I.

I hope this bold new direction for Superman spoilers:
    Clark revealing his dual identity
    end of spoilers works out and creates some compelling stories. *nervously crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jeez, is Bendis not keeping an eye on other books? I spotted FOUR mistakes on the spread showing Superman observing the other heroes. The first three are script errors, but the last may be the artist's fault.

Mistake #1, Shazam was shown stopping a lorry so an old lady could cross the road. But he's currently under the thrall of the Batman Who Laughs! Mistake #2, Cyborg. He's currently brainwashed too, as one of Darkseid's New Gods! Mistake #3, Alfred, shown alive when the Batman comic recently killed him off.

Mistake #4, which is unforgivable since another Bendis title is involved, is Tim Drake being shown as Robin. Dialogue later in the issue confirms that this is after Young Justice come home from Earth-3 (plus, the most recent YJ is set immediately after Naomi's recent appearance in Action Comics, so this is clearly after that anyway), so he should be in his new brown Drake costume. Why didn't Bendis make sure the artist was up to date?
    #5 Martian Manhunter is shown as being alive when this has to happen after he was killed by Luthor in Justice League.

Anyway, there are so many things that don’t match up in the books at the moment that the only way to explain it must be that Hypertime must be splintered somehow as a result of what’s happening in Justice League.