Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I guess "Joe Chill" isn't a supervillain, but he certainly took a lot.
    I still would say Joe Chill for Batman. Nothing has impacted Bruce Wayne more. The man took a part of Bruce that changed his life, changed who he is. Bruce has never recovered and can't move on.

Bruce replacing Robins and batgirls takes away from the weight of what Joker did + like someone else said they got better. Joker didn't change Bruce.

Jason i would say that Joker took away a lot more from him than from Bruce.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Black Manta gets the gold (one of THE coldest things ever and at a time when stories like this just didn't happen!)
    Reverse Flash gets the silver
    and Sinestro for the bronze!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Just to clarify, I don't mean this to be a competitive thing. I'd like to see as many hero/villain combos as possible.

Heck, who took the most from Ambush Bug? Creeper? Jade? Halo? Nightwing? You name 'em!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Flash is responsible for Nu52. So it's hist fault there is no Legion, Wally Family, etc...He has done more than ANYONE.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Who would be Wonder Woman's?
    Pre-Crisis? Hippolyta, who repeatedly dinked with her memory. Post-Crisis? The Pantheon who were constantly using her as their go-to rook in their divine games. Since then? The cascade of writers who don't seem to get her.

It's hard to argue with Thawne, who has damaged Barry's life on virtually every level, and Manta, who killed Orin's son. Sinestro too has done a lot of damage over the years too, and his efforts have impacted far more people than just Hal. I know its not a competition but these guys have done real, lasting damage to the heroes in a way that damn few others have.

For Nightwing (interesting suggestion edpower)......I dunno. Tony Zucco perhaps, who was responsible for the death of Dick's parents. I think we could include the Court of Owls here, since they've been retconned into manipulating several aspects of Dick's life, but a lot of fans don't really want to accept those retcons. And there's Slade too; everything he did to Dick during the NTT days isn't enough to earn him a spot here I think, that's just standard supervillain stuff, but he is the guy who Chemo-nuked Bludhaven, killing Dick's supporting cast and turning his city into a irradiated wasteland. Even though Bludhaven has been brought back in subsequent continuities, the city never recovered from the loss of world building and development that Dixon put in and each writer to use the setting has treated it in wildly different ways. Of course, the person who has taken the most from Nightwing is Dan Didio but we probably can't include him here.

If we can include non-continuity stuff then Lex Luthor and Solaris probably get the win for Superman (from All-Star); they successfully "killed" Clark and forced him to spend thousands of years in earth's sun before his return in DC 1 Million. Granted, after that Clark was able to bring Lois, the Els, and all of Krypton back so all they truly cost Superman was time.....but it was still thousands and thousands of years.

And for Batman I'd give the win to the Joker. Joe Chill (or the unknown crook who killed the Waynes, depending on continuity) clearly took a lot but Joker has killed Jason, crippled Barbara, I think it was Joker who killed Gordon's wife too? And if we include Batman Beyond then the Joker is responsible for abducting Tim Drake and turning him into a Jokerized time bomb. Bruce has never recovered from the death of his parents, but all the other trauma he's experienced since (often thanks to the Joker) has only compounded that problem.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was really loving how evil Sinestro was until Geoff Johns tried to make him sympathetic.
    I thought I was the only one who didn't like the sympathetic bit.

I have to go with Thawne, particularly because if his temporal doings. He took away people's pasts and not just took things from them in the present, so is bigger. The same may be true of other villains, but he's the first that comes to my mind. Even if I really hate the new background for Barry. While I have a general dislike for villains controlling/influencing everything in heroes' lives, it does make give them more villain cred, I guess. Still dislike it.