Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which supervillains have taken the most from a DC Superhero?

So, name a DC superhero and name the DC supervillain you think has taken the most from that hero, and what they've taken from that hero. Examples:

Aquaman: Black Mantra = Killed Arthur Jr.

Batman: Joker (I don't consider Joe Chill a supervillain) = Killed Jason Todd, Revillainized Catwoman, crippled Barbra Gordon...which would make him Barbra Gordon's too.

Flash II: Reverse-Flash = Killed Iris.

etc.

Thanks!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

I will throw in Sinestro.

He infected Hal Jordan with Parallax. Hal did a lot of damage during that time; the events of Zero Hour spring to mind. Sinestro basically endangered the entire timeline, and ruined Hal's reputation. What a horrible thing to do to a "friend".

Sinestro was also responsible for the death of Kyle Rayner's mother.

While Sinestro was arrogant enough to take on Hal & Kyle simultaneously in a fist fight, that beating was not good enough.

I was really loving how evil Sinestro was until Geoff Johns tried to make him sympathetic.

Astonishing Member

Eobard Thawne for Barry Allen, and the Flash Family in general.

In the original timeline alone, he killed Iris, almost killed Barry's second wife Fiona, and drove Barry to become a murderer by killing him.

Then, after he was resurrected, he went back in time and killed Barry's mother, rewriting Barry's entire history and giving him a far less happier childhood. Barry's attempts to undo Thawne's changes also led to Flashpoint which, while not the only culprit for the rewriting of DC history (we have Doc Manhattan to thank for that!) was certainly a contributing factor.

This rewrite to DC history erased Barry's relationship and marriage with Iris (and their kids and grandkids from the future), sent Wally West into limbo for a while, and erased Wally's relationship and marriage with Linda, as well as erasing their kids from existence!

And I'm definitely missing out on some of the more recent damage he's done...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Eobard Thawne for Barry Allen, and the Flash Family in general.

In the original timeline alone, he killed Iris, almost killed Barry's second wife Fiona, and drove Barry to become a murderer by killing him.

Then, after he was resurrected, he went back in time and killed Barry's mother, rewriting Barry's entire history and giving him a far less happier childhood. Barry's attempts to undo Thawne's changes also led to Flashpoint which, while not the only culprit for the rewriting of DC history (we have Doc Manhattan to thank for that!) was certainly a contributing factor.

This rewrite to DC history erased Barry's relationship and marriage with Iris (and their kids and grandkids from the future), sent Wally West into limbo for a while, and erased Wally's relationship and marriage with Linda, as well as erasing their kids from existence!

And I'm definitely missing out on some of the more recent damage he's done...
    Yeah, I think Thawne kind of stands out since, no matter what Barry does, Thawne essentially still wins in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    So, name a DC superhero and name the DC supervillain you think has taken the most from that hero, and what they've taken from that hero. Examples:

Aquaman: Black Mantra = Killed Arthur Jr.

Batman: Joker (I don't consider Joe Chill a supervillain) = Killed Jason Todd, Revillainized Catwoman, crippled Barbra Gordon...which would make him Barbra Gordon's too.

Flash II: Reverse-Flash = Killed Iris.

etc.

Thanks!
    The bolded part, with the return of Jason, makes Joker Jason's main villain. And if anyone has a right to put down the mad clown, its Jason.

Extraordinary Member

Darkseid stole Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad's son, sent him back in time, and turned him into Validus. They not only lost precious time with the child, but fought against him many times. Plus, Validus killed a dear friend and teammate in Lyle Norg, the original Invisible Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The bolded part, with the return of Jason, makes Joker Jason's main villain. And if anyone has a right to put down the mad clown, its Jason.
    Excellent point!
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

I guess "Joe Chill" isn't a supervillain, but he certainly took a lot.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

How about Prometheus killing Roy Harpers daughter.

Ultimate Member

I would have gone with the Joker, but Jason's alive again and Barbara's walking again, so he didn't so much 'take' as 'borrow' stuff...

So, Black Manta. Aquababy is still dead. So his big accomplishment remains un-reversed, after all these years. (And the fact that Aquababy wasn't even born in the last few Aqua-continuities doesn't negate his success! If anything, it cements it!)

Lian Harper is still dead, too, IIRC, so Prometheus I guess could count, too. But he's a wannabe with Deathstroke-envy. Black Manta is much cooler.

Malefic would be Martian Manhunter's, although Despero, Dr. Trap, and Libra and The Human Flame are good nominees.

Actually, J'onn has a pretty good little "revenge squad" going there.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Who would be Wonder Woman's?
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

So, Black Manta. Aquababy is still dead. So his big accomplishment remains un-reversed, after all these years. (And the fact that Aquababy wasn't even born in the last few Aqua-continuities doesn't negate his success! If anything, it cements it!)
    I think that is actually getting reversed soon. I’m leaning towards Eobard’s on this. But it’s between him and Manta.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Who would be Wonder Woman's?
    Max Lord? He almost completely destroyed her reputation.

The Brain - Robotman

Buzz - Supergirl

Hyena/Tokamak - Firestorm

Takeo Yamashiro - Katana
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 11-14-2019 at 03:36 PM.