Amazing Member

Default Franklin Richards Powers (mutant or mutate ?)

What if Franklin Richards is not a mutant at all but a mutate that was given his vast powers from The Cosmic Control Rod during his birth ?
    It could definitely be a possibility that his powers could have been misinterpreted as a mutant. Case in point Falcon, Cloak & Dagger, and etc...

BANNED

Nope. He’s a mutant.

He's a mutant. Cloak and Dagger had never been confirmed to be mutants, same for Falcon. They debunked the Cloak and Dagger theory for good in Utopia and speaking of them, I would have actually liked them in the X-Men.

I swear it was confirmed in 90s he had an X gene active
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He's a mutant. The energy from the Cosmic Control rod helped regulate his powers which emerged early due to his parents' biology.
    "Cable was right!"

What would be the point? What story possibilities are there with declaring him a mutate? Being a mutant makes him relevant in a way that he wouldnt be if he lost that status. He'd be of no use to the X-line and whatever Hickman is planning

Extraordinary Member

I don't know why people are saying it could not happen. We are in the midst of the biggest pile of steaming retcon the franchise has ever seen. We just watched Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver get demutantized. Marvel can do anything it wants, and saying Franklin got his powers from the rod or something else and that he or the rod or something just tweaked his genetics to make it look like he had an x-gene to hide what he was or something would be nothing that Marvel would not do in a heartbeat if someone got some bright idea during their morning shower.

BANNED

I’m sure you’d agree it seems rather unlikely they will though, as they are about to launch an X-Men/Fantastic Four miniseries centered around Franklin being a mutant.

Onslaught seemed to think that he was a mutant. i trust Onslaught.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I’m sure you’d agree it seems rather unlikely they will though, as they are about to launch an X-Men/Fantastic Four miniseries centered around Franklin being a mutant.
    I would agree. Although I would not put it by Hickman. Hickman has already made Franklin the Most Powerful Being in the Universe, yet has also said that in 9 or so iterations of Moira's life Franklin did absolutely nothing to save mutantkind.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Franklin probably got bodied by Nimrod in the other timelines.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would agree. Although I would not put it by Hickman. Hickman has already made Franklin the Most Powerful Being in the Universe, yet has also said that in 9 or so iterations of Moira's life Franklin did absolutely nothing to save mutantkind.
    Coincidentally, we know from Hickman also that in the vast majority of the timelines, Reed and Sue do not conceive Franklin.

Franklin is very rare in the multiverse. We know that Moira and Xavier needed a omega reality warping mutant for the Five process and that is why Proteus and Legion exist. We can deduce that Moira did not meet Franklin Richards in any of her previous lives
    Last edited by Glio; 11-13-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Coincidentally, we know from Hickman also that in the vast majority of the timelines, Reed and Sue do not conceive Franklin.

Franklin is very rare in the multiverse. We know that Moira and Xavier needed a omega reality warping mutant for the Five process and that is why Proteus and Legion exist. We can deduce that Moira did not meet Franklin Richards in any of her previous lives
    Was it actually stated in the books that Franklin was never born in most or even any of the other lives? Anything Hickman says in an interview is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Was it actually stated in the books that Franklin was never born in most or even any of the other lives? Anything Hickman says in an interview is a lie.
    No, I'm talking about his 4F comic. In the 4F it is a plot point of the Council of Reeds that Franklin is very rare. Almost all Reeds leave their family except 616.

What we do know is that Proteus (and probably Legion) only exist in life 10, precisely because Moira and Xavier needed a reality warper. It is simple deduction of mine that if Franklin Richards existed in previous timelines, that would be simpler than conceiving Proteus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, I'm talking about his 4F comic. In the 4F it is a plot point of the Council of Reeds that Franklin is very rare. Almost all Reeds leave their family except 616.

What we do know is that Proteus (and probably Legion) only exist in life 10, precisely because Moira and Xavier needed a reality warper. It is simple deduction of mine that if Franklin Richards existed in previous timelines, that would be simpler than conceiving Proteus.
    I think most are reading this story as Moira resets the 616 itself so this is all the same 'timeline' as far as anything like the story about the council of Reeds would be referencing. As for Franklin being a result of things that happened in this reset, I won't argue with that as it may very well become some part of the story, and that Franklin is a wild card that Moira was not prepared for and is as good a guess as any.