Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

X-Force
    Marauders
    X-Men
    New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Fallen Angels
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think all have not gotten of with a very strong start, except for X-Force,. There is a lot of action in that one.

This is my order for now:
    1 - X-Force (great action in the first issue)
    2 - Fallen Angels (liking the mystery, hate the name and outfit though!)
    3 - X-Men (I think I like where it's going with the grandchild of Apo, who also is the main summoner)
    4 - New Mutants (disliking the art a lot, liking the story of getting Sam and going to Shi'ar space)
    5 - Marauders (not sold yet, but the Hellfire part fascinates me)
    6 - Excalibur (even-though Mr. & Mrs. X are in it, I am not loving, nor hating it. It is very very slow)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Marauders might have inched back up past Xforce. Kitty and Emma are just absolutely killing it in that title.

Still enjoyed Fallen Angels #1 the most, but Marauders is coming on strong.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-21-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    6 - Excalibur (even-though Mr. & Mrs. X are in it, I am not loving, nor hating it. It is very very slow)
    Really? It has its issues but I wouldnt say slow is one of them. It jumped right into its premise and plot, faster than the other books IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? It has its issues but I wouldnt say slow is one of them. It jumped right into its premise and plot, faster than the other books IMO
    It definitely has issues right now but I don’t find it slow at all. If anything X-men has been moving at a snails pace to me. I feel Excalibur has the most potential out of all the DOX titles. I’m just worried that Tini might not be the writer to tap into it. Still early though so she definitely has time. That being said, besides Gambit/Rogue I’m really loving everything else about the title.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I like all of the books so far, I don't have much in the way of complaints, nothing that I can really point to and criticize too much

1. Marauders -a big surprise, I didn't think I'd like it but its been a lot of fun
    2. X-Force -Solid, really no complaints so far

3. X-Men -I think its actually well written but still more about world building than the other books. I wanted to like it more but something is a bit off. I blame the art mostly, Hickmans dialog is stiff and the art made it worse.
    4. Excalibur -I want to like this more, I like all the characters but so far its not grabbing me
    5. New Mutants -Good, I just don't really have an investment in most of the characters.

Fallen Angels* I haven't gotten to read yet so I'm not including it in the ranking.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-21-2019 at 10:44 AM.

I honestly rate the first wave of titles of DoX as such:

1) X-Force: I am very interested in the premise behind the story and I historically enjoy titles where the protagonists take a far more aggressive approach and actually deal with their enemies, hence why I've always been a fan of every X-Force title.

2) X-Men: I'm digging the Summers family arc and I thought it has been very well-written, Hickman notwithstanding. I'm looking forward to the rotating cast and seeing how Cyclops bounces off of them and what he thinks of the ongoings with the council of Krakoa and whatnot.

3) Fallen Angels: Noir along with the Cable and my preferred version of Psylocke. I'd rather they continued with Laura's characterization from her past two solos, but there's still time for that to be corrected, hopefully. Otherwise, I'm down.

4) Excalibur- It was off to a promising start, but as of issue #2, I'm not liking the setup regarding Captain Britain (Part Deux) and how Gambit is being written, and this is coming from a guy that only liked Gambit for his powers, personality aside. I'm digging the backstory involving A-Pac and La Fey, but there really needs to be some movement regarding that subplot, because I'm losing interest quickly.

5) Mauraders- Why is the Shadowcat book at the bottom of the pile? Glad you asked. From the character beats minus Storm and Emma, they've been handled with care as far as I can tell (I mean, seriously, it's bad enough that Ororo has to deal with T'Challa's BS and now she has to babysit Kitty, Bobby and Pyro? 'Ro better demand that Emma make her Grand Imperial or she will suck the oxygen out of both Emma and Shaw and take the Hellfire Corporation for her damn self; she deserves that much.), and the issues regarding the coloring of characters that are POC (Storm and Gateway), but there's also the fact that Kitty is STILL behaving like a someone that just turned 21 and raiding Emma's cellar every chance she gets while channeling her inner Wolverine while she's out on missions. In other words: It's X-Men Gold: Part Deux. And don't get me started on her dialogue, it still reeks of Bendisspeak.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Excalibur is too fast. It makes me wish for some decompression.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

After the second issues:

1. New Mutants
    1. Marauders
    3. X-Force
    4. X-Men
    5. Excalibur
    6. Fallen Angels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Where's your ranking?

1. New Mutants
    2. Fallen Angels
    3. Marauders
    4. X-Force
    5. X-Men
    6. Excalibur
    Everything pretty much the same bc Im always right. Except now itssa tie between Marauders and XForce. I wanna say XForce is slightly superior because of its artwork but I cant give Beast the satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Everything pretty much the same bc Im always right. Except now itssa tie between Marauders and XForce. I wanna say XForce is slightly superior because of its artwork but I cant give Beast the satisfaction.
    I'm also super torn between Marauders and X-Force. Fallen Angels is my #6 tho

After second issues:

New Mutants
    Fallen Angels
    X-Force
    X-Men
    Marauders
    Excalibur

Marauders goes down cause of the coloring.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Force
    New Mutants
    Marauders
    X-Men
    Excalibur
    Fallen Angels
    X-Force
    New Mutants
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    X-Men
    Fallen Angels
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm also super torn between Marauders and X-Force. Fallen Angels is my #6 tho
    I was ready to give FA a chance based on everyone hating on it but I was pretty ambivalent on the cast besides annoyance at the hate Cable and Psylocke receive from adjacent fandoms. But Hill really turned it around and made it a must read both for the themes and character dynamics. Im worried it wont return from hiatus tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    After second issues:

New Mutants
    Fallen Angels
    X-Force
    X-Men
    Marauders
    Excalibur

Marauders goes down cause of the coloring.
    Welcome to good taste gang, help urself to some fried shrimps.

After second issues:
    X-Force
    Fallen Angels
    New Mutants
    Marauders
    X-Men
    Excalibur