Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

After second issue:

X-Force
    Marauders
    New Mutants
    X-Men
    Fallen Angels
    Excalibur
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

X-Force
    Marauders
    X-Men
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Marauders
    Fallen Angels
    X-Force
    X-Men
    After all the second issues it's now:

New Mutants
    Excalibur
    X-Force
    Marauders
    X-Men
    Fallen Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Fallen Angels
    Maraurders
    X-Force
    X-men
    Wow has my opinion changed after issue #2

1. X-force
    2. New Mutants
    3. Fallen Angels
    4. Maraurders
    5. Excalibur
    6. X-men

BANNED

Ok, changing my order:

1. Fallen Angels

2. Excalibur

3. Marauders

Lol love seeing how everyone’s view changes from week to week.

Honestly now with the #2 issues out of the way it’s changed a bit for me too.

X force
    Marauders
    -
    -
    Fallen Angels
    Excalibur
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    X-men

Xforce and Marauders have separated themselves from the pack a bit. Fallen Angels was good but not on the level of the first issue. Excalibur is enjoyable and has the most potential but still missing something. X-men is....well it’s just been bad.

Also on top of the rankings I’m interested in knowing after 2 issues has anyone started dropping any titles yet ?

I haven’t so far. Still sticking it out with X-men .

X-Men and X-Force are the best so far. I have no idea why Marauders is getting so much love, I find it mediocre. Excalibur is the worst. It's so painfully boring I just may stop reading it all together. so far it's awful

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Also on top of the rankings I’m interested in knowing after 2 issues has anyone started dropping any titles yet ?

I haven’t so far. Still sticking it out with X-men .
    Yeah already dropping Excalibur and Fallen Angels. For now the other 4 are safe though X-Men is on the hot seat especially since I have to make room for Wolverine.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Marauders - Kitty is speeding toward head-on collision with sobriety and having to actually deal with with her ****, but it's great fun watching the scenery fly by in the meantime.

Excalibur - Howard is putting about half the team on hold to get the world-building all set up, but this really doesn't bother me. I really like what she's doing with Betsy and Poccy and I like the shape this is all taking. Plus the art's really nice.

New Mutants - Yeah, this title is a delight. That said, I'm bailing on the series until Hickman gets back. I was excited to have Brisson join the X-Books, but, outside of Old Man Logan, he's written very little that I like and quite a bit that's annoyed me, so... *shrug*

X-Men - I'm kind of digging Cylcops trying his damnedest to be a family man, ngl. Yu's art only half-suits the book, though.

Fallen Angels - Just not clicking with me after two issues, so putting this one down.

X-Force - Good writing, good art, but I just don't care about this cast. Also dropped.

For me it is:

1. X force: love everything , hope the creative team can keep up the quality. Percy does a good job with my favourite, Wolverine. Looking forward to Percy's Wolverine next year. But this is also a very good team book and the book lets every character shine. QQ and his interaction with Logan is a delight. Cecilia/Sage, Jean/Sage, Jean/Magneto , Jean/Beast and Black Tom in #1 are great reads. The set up for the antagonists is gripping. Art is great. This is by far, my favourite of the DoX books.
    2. New Mutants: Despite non of the characters are my favourites, I am neutral with these characters, this is a fun read. Maybe because it is such a nice contrast to x force and I love spacetravel stories. I am mostly interested in the shi'ar, space trip part. So I'll stick around for this, but will likely skip the earth, krakoa parts. Art is great, too.

3. Marauders: Fun read, but not on my priority list. Art is very good. I think this is the candidate for tradewaiting when the Wolverine solo arrives. (Budget reasons)
    4. Fallen Angels: I came for Laura and I want to stay for Kwannon, I want to read more about her, sadly the book does not deliver on the supporting cast so far. While this is the kind of thematic I like to follow, the book does not manage to catch me. The art is somtimes odd. So i think this the canditate to drop next, if it does not improve.

I'll drop
    X- Men and Excalibur
    Last edited by Gylfie; 11-28-2019 at 02:06 AM.

After seond issues:

1. X-Force

2. NM

3. Fallen Angels - average at best
    4. Marauders
    5. Ecalibur
    6. X-Men

X-Force screams quality. Others not even close.
    NM is quit funny but I am not a fan.
    Fallen Angels feels forced.

Marauders, Excalibur and X-Men are meh for a ot of reasons.

AlligatorSky

For me, it's:

After issue #1s
    1. X-Force
    2. Marauders
    3. X-Men
    4. Fallen Angels
    5. New Mutants
    6. Excalibur

After issue #2s
    1. X-Force (so damn excited about where this one is going to go!)
    2. Marauders
    3. X-Men
    4. New Mutants
    5. Fallen Angels
    6. Excalibur (have cancelled digital subscription, but will keep on reading somehow)

All in all, I'm still super excited about this whole relaunch and will support it as much as I can.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Marauders - Book has the problem of trying to be too many different things IMO but the part of it focused on transformation of Kitty to Kate, and the Hellfire intrigue, has me sold big time. The other stuff, meh... not much in it for me but I can tolerate it. If it starts to become too much oriented around Storm, Bishop, Iceman... I'll lose interest. So that's basically my take on this book, it has "one half" I'm wildly in love with, and the other half I just honestly don't really care about. It doesn't bother me though, it's just not grabbing me.

Fallen Angels - I feel excited about this book, I'm genuinely curious and eager to read new issues from it. It has problems of course but it brings an "excitement" and intensity the other books just don't so far. Great atmosphere and vibes.

X-Men - "Important" book for big plot but Hickman's dialogue is ODD in this book, very sterile-seeming, which weirdly enough matches the art style, where facial expressions are essentially forbidden. But, Cyclops needs to be explored someplace, and it's nice to have him relate to his family I guess. Also loved they used Lorna obviously, and treated her with respect and had her bond with her dadneto. As weird as Rachel got characterized at least she was used at all. And was able to try to feel "normal" alongside her "young bro" and "dad" (yes those quote marks are needed).

New Mutants - It makes me chuckle and the art style is very 80s and helps create an immersive atmosphere, and I love all the quirky Shi'ar culture stuff. Wish it was a "pure" New Mutants squad though, and some of the characterization has a few oddities. Also hope it ties in more with the overall Dawn of X narrative and themes. So far it feels kinda like too much of a "side adventure".

X-Force - This feels like the true flagship, it seems the most weighty, the most "canon" oriented, and is following what's happening in and around Krakoa proper, and deals with the big players on the island. Art is alright but jarringly bad in places. The cast is highly questionable but that can work out it all depends on the execution. Looking forward to Sage, the New Jean mainly. Domino is cool. Don't love either Beast or Colossus on a squad of this nature though. Black Tom, sure why not. Healer is a bit TOO obscure though. I guess I just don't feel much from this book though, too "paint by numbers" for me. Which is appropriate as a flagship I guess, it's just "workmanlike" and "plodding" but it doesn't make me sit up and be like "wow".

Excalibur - Horrible book, no interest. Read issue 1 and I was out faster than you can say "abra ca dabra". I do want them to have a long saga with an attempted heroic Apocalypse though, so I root for it to succeed just for that. Also, I'm SLIGHTLY curious about this new take on Betsy Braddock. But it's not enough to get me to read this. (Magic = crap, Otherworld = the worst aspects of Claremont) Jubilee feels like a hard reset on characterization. Compare this Jubes to the one we got as a vamp in Generation X by Strain, night and day in terms of being compelling or vapid. For all the complaints about how X-23 has been supposedly "regressed" in Fallen Angels, I've heard almost nothing about the same happening to Jubilee? But I guess it's because many Jubilee fans like her this way? Shrug. Rogue and Gambit are both MUCH more interesting characters AWAY from each other. I guess that's a "nuclear take" now but there it is.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-28-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

When I read a new issue that book jumps to the top of my ranking...Currently, it's New Mutants at #1 with Marauders, X-Men and Excalibur tied at #2
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!