Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sabertooth and Psylocke

Can someone refresh my memory again about the relationship between these two characters. I just read something on screenrant about Psylocke being a bigger foe of sabretooth than Wolverine.

I know something went down between Psylocke and Sabertooth but I never never knew the full details? please can anyone tell their story

I can't remember all the details, I would have to go back and read it.

Sabretooth really violently attacked Elizabeth when she first joined the X-Men. I can't even remember if this was how she originally lost her eyesight. She got bionic eyes when Mojo captured her and put her through the body shop in an attempt to keep Elizabeth on mojo world.

But yeah, Sabretooth was unbelievably vile when he attacked Elizabeth. She got him back a while later and she tried to lobotomize him.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED
    Last edited by tuck frump; 11-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Didn't they have a romance on an AU?

Wolverine is Sabretooth's Iconic Enemy, But [SPOILER] is Better
    https://screenrant.com/wolverine-sab...mies-psylocke/

Sabretooth and Psylocke first crossed paths in Uncanny X-Men #213, during an adventure called the Morlock Massacre. Sabretooth was one of the killers recruited by Mr. Sinister to slaughter a group of subterranean mutants called the Morlocks, and the X-Men were drawn into the violence, with Xavier's Mansion serving as a makeshift hospital. Sabretooth tracked the X-Men back to base, in order to murder the Morlocks who were being treated. Psylocke was a newcomer back then, not even accepted as a member of the X-Men, but she was the only one on hand who could defend the injured. What followed was a wonderfully unequal battle, with an out-of-her-depth Psylocke taunting Sabretooth into pursuing her, and keeping him occupied until she was backed up by Wolverine. Incredibly, even then Psylocke refused to back off, using her psychic powers to raid Sabretooth's mind.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I can't remember all the details, I would have to go back and read it.

Sabretooth really violently attacked Elizabeth when she first joined the X-Men. I can't even remember if this was how she originally lost her eyesight. She got bionic eyes when Mojo captured her and put her through the body shop in an attempt to keep Elizabeth on mojo world.

But yeah, Sabretooth was unbelievably vile when he attacked Elizabeth. She got him back a while later and she tried to lobotomize him.
    Slaymaster blinded her, back in Delano’s CB.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

He gutted her in the mansion & ran off. Not much to their relationship. Hell there's not much to his relationship with Logan either.

Typical villain of the week fights now & then. Not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    He gutted her in the mansion & ran off. Not much to their relationship. Hell there's not much to his relationship with Logan either.

True, but they did revisit the Elizabeth and Sabretooth being arch-enemies a few times over the years. They really do hate each other almost as much as Logan and Sabretooth hate each other.

It’s more like Psylocke pitting herself against Sabretooth repeatedly as a force of savagery that she must prove herself against, as part of her whole armour/warrior complex thing. To him, she’s probably just another frail.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

* In her original body, she led Sabretooth on a goosechase around the Mansion to keep him away from the children (New Mutants).
    * She was gutted by him, saving Boom-Boom's life because Boom-Boom was taunting him, and unaware his restraints weren't working. Betsy jumped into stab him with her psychic-knife but it had no effect and she was almost killed. Leading to her being healed by the Crimson Dawn.
    * She's had animosity toward him since. This was apparent when she stabbed an AU version of him when she was with the Exiles. This however turned into a romance before her being sent back to 616.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    * In her original body, she led Sabretooth on a goosechase around the Mansion to keep him away from the children (New Mutants).
    * She was gutted by him, saving Boom-Boom's life because Boom-Boom was taunting him, and unaware his restraints weren't working. Betsy jumped into stab him with her psychic-knife but it had no effect and she was almost killed. Leading to her being healed by the Crimson Dawn.
    * She's had animosity toward him since. This was apparent when she stabbed an AU version of him when she was with the Exiles. This however turned into a romance before her being sent back to 616.
    Correct, initially met during the Mutant Massacre and then again during Inferno.

Tabitha was caring for him/bringing him food while he was a prisoner at the mansion. She thought he was a mindless puppy (someone wrecked his mind, Jean maybe?) but he was faking and biding his time. Tabby came in to greet him as always but he turned on her and was about to shred her until Betsy jumped in. They fought but he got the better of her and almost killed her.

Then there was the AU stuff and then they were teammates on Magneto's X-Men team because Creed had been inverted. I think they had a brief conversation about what happened but I can't recall and I can't find the scans for it. The team disbanded at the end and I don't think they've really been in each other's presence since.
    Last edited by JB; 11-12-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That was my first X-Men issue. Too brutal for a kid lol

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    That was my first X-Men issue. Too brutal for a kid lol
    Oh man that's rough! I was traumatized for a few months.

Psylocke a bigger foe than Wolverine? More like the other way around. Sabretooth is a foe to Psylocke but she's been largely irrelevant to him.

I hated Boom Boom for the longest time for what happened to Betsy. I blamed her for that mess

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke a bigger foe than Wolverine? More like the other way around. Sabretooth is a foe to Psylocke but she's been largely irrelevant to him.

I hated Boom Boom for the longest time for what happened to Betsy. I blamed her for that mess
    I never understood why she didn't try to at least blind him. Ah well.