Default Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality #1 Preview

A four page preview of Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality is out.

We get an immediate sense of the story's hook. I could summarize it, but this is a really effective preview in terms of selling the concept and the execution of it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

hehe so mj is the black cat of this universe does that make felicia the mj of that universe as well?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

My guess is that it's all a dream while Symbiote controls Peter's body.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-13-2019 at 09:51 AM.

A redhead in that suit looks weird .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, they even tried to make the costume be dark red, but that just made it weirder.

I guess that shows just how perfect Felicia's costume is, to the point even a simple hair color change would make it look not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, they even tried to make the costume be dark red, but that just made it weirder.

I guess that shows just how perfect Felicia's costume is, to the point even a simple hair color change would make it look not as good.
    Her entire visual is really based around the black and white symmetry, which is why her white hair kind of completes it in my opinion.

It is a smart move to have an untold tale that is spoilers:
    either a hallucination or a trip to an alternate reality. Very little continuity concerns that way.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Decades! DECADES!! I have been waiting to see something like this!! Thank you, Marvel!!!

Do you have any idea of the FanArts I have seen about this same idea? Almost none of them worthy! And now, it finally happened!!! I can't wait to see this!! ay, however, this is actually the second time it happened. Back in "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics, Peter was trapped in a nightmare by... Well... Nightmare. Between the things we saw in it, there was Mary Jane dressed as both, Elektra and Black Cat. The Black Cat's costume only lasted one panel and in a not clear angle.

A little weird? I'm not going to deny it, you are right. But even so, that doesn't mean it doesn't look great! Even more if this MJ calls Spider-Man "Tiger".

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    My guess is that it's all a dream while Symbiote controls Peter's body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is a smart move to have an untold tale that is spoilers:
    either a hallucination or a trip to an alternate reality. Very little continuity concerns that way.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that's exactly what I think. Actually, this is the second time I see something like this. The first time was in the "Justice League Unlimited", in an episode where Superman was trapped in a dreamworld by a parasite plant named "Black Mercy". In it, Superman was living his "perfect life".

He lived in Krypron, which it never exploted, and his real parents were still alive. He was married and he had a child. Funny thing is, his wife was actually and invention of his mind that combined traces from his two main love interests. Her name was "Loana", and she had Lana Lang's appearance combined with Lois Lane's personality and voice.

I would say the symbiote has done something similar to Spider-Man to control his body easily. Back when Peter was using the symbiote, he had a love conflict between Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy; so the symbiote must have created the perfect solution by merging both of them together. If I have to say, this Mary Jane/Black Cat combines the best traces of both girls, so it can be Peter/Spider-Man's "soulmate". A version of MJ with Black Cat's powers, meaning she loves both sides of Peter/Spider-Man (not just one). She can also complement the problems of both girls. She has powers to defend herself from greatest dangerous, but she's not as reckless as Felicia.

Astonishing Member

The preview looks interesting.
    The previous Symbiote Spider-Man limited series by Peter David was awesome,so i will be reading this limited series for sure.

Astonishing Member

Now that I think of it, again... No, it does not. I mean, a redhaired with a black and white suit? We have seen that before in Julia Carpenter, the second Spider-Woman and Arachne. She made it look great. Also, there's MJ in "Renew Yur Vows", where she ended up looking a lot like Julia when she bonded temporally with Venom.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised Land didn't draw MJ showing off her teeth like he always does.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised Land didn't draw MJ showing off her teeth like he always does.
    Probably found some other face to trace which doesn't show teeth