Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Morbius ongoing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I dug it but it read a bit too fast for me. I should probably reread it.

It felt like a stealth sequel to the last morbius solo but that's just me.
    It did feel like a stealth sequel to me too, especially with tht little panel with him in a hoodie, but also just him not killing everyone. It feels like old Morbius wouldn't spare them like that.

But we do have speculation that the Morbius movie will sort of be like the last series, so maybe that's why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    One thing I also liked was that even when Morbius's serum did seem to be working, it didn't actually make him less ugly. He still didn't have a nose, he still had pointed ears, and his nails were black. And now he's going to turn into a hideous bat thing.
    I liked that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This issue was ok. Just ok. Not especially motivated to continue with it but we'll see.
    Same here. It also read really quickly.

Part of the problem may be that there's no one for Morbius to interact with, who would care about what's going on with him.

Granted, he killed his best friend way back in ASM 102, so that is baked in to the character.

I suspect a big part of Marvel's motives is to have an accessible trade out when the movie hits theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    He's wearing the old-school Melter costume, so I assume it's the Melter we saw working as one of Hobgoblin's franchisees.
    Oh yeah.

I don't know if I would say "darker" but more matte or something? I don't know, the colors just don't work with the strong inking. I feel like they're too strong.

The fact that Morbius doesn't kill the henchmen is actually a pretty interesting take from Vita, especially given how downright Morbius is actually portrayed. I mean, that beginning was horrifying, especially since we know that Morbius can and will eat people. Seeing him do all of that but not actually go in for the kill helps the philosophical inner-monologue from Michael actually hold some weight.

This is a Morbius who is actually trying to be good, who is actually trying to change more than just his vampirism.

Also, who is that woman? Is she Rachel van Helsing?
    I do like that he held back. It's a different dynamic for the character.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Part of the issue with giving him a larger cast is that, well, Morbius just isolates himself. There are people he could go to for help, there are people who are probably even sort of worried about him, but he isn't going to bring them along. That's why he's got a lab in a run down, abandoned house in Brooklyn to do his experiments in.

My headcanon is that part of Morbius's dream has always been to cure himself and then go find everyone he knows and and surprise them. Like, here, look at me, I really did it!

All the deaths, attempted murders, fights, weird deals with various demonic entities-all worth it!

It did feel like a stealth sequel to me too, especially with tht little panel with him in a hoodie, but also just him not killing everyone. It feels like old Morbius wouldn't spare them like that.

But we do have speculation that the Morbius movie will sort of be like the last series, so maybe that's why?
    The last series would be better for a sequel but i could see them taking a page from Incredible Hulk and starting with Michael already transformed.

... so what's his m.o. now? Is he trying to protect a neighborhood? Is he a private investigator? Does he go after organized crime? Does he focus only on supernatural-adjacent threats?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got around to reading this yesterday. The art is gorgeous. Yes, the story read fast but that doesn't hinder my enjoyment. Was the "head honcho" someone that has been around the MCU before and I've missed? Created just for this? Clearly the blonde is someone not named Elsa Bloodstone. Was someone guessing on Van Helsing or is that also an MCU character I've just missed.

I passed on the last Morbius solo. It only went 9 issues so I could probably find it in tpb cheap. Hope this one has a solid 16 issue plus run along the lines of the last Carnage ongoing at least.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so what's his m.o. now? Is he trying to protect a neighborhood? Is he a private investigator? Does he go after organized crime? Does he focus only on supernatural-adjacent threats?
    He seems to be protecting the neighborhood and trying to be a better man.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-20-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He seems to be protecting the neighborhood and be a better man.
    I think that Morbius would be better served in the pages of the X-Men as part of The Morlocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Morbius would be better served in the pages of the X-Men as part of The Morlocks...
    There's always a sequel .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The mutants are definitely not letting him on Krakoa. He'd be competition for their blood.

Astonishing Member

The mutants are definitely not letting him on Krakoa. He'd be competition for their blood.
    I feel that the Man-Thing and Krakoa would make for a great team-up....

Anyone read this week's issue?

Another quick read, but I did enjoy it better than the first issue -- and the last page makes me excited for the next installment.

-Pav, who wonders if Morbius is going to get wings...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Another quick read, but I did enjoy it better than the first issue -- and the last page makes me excited for the next installment.

That last page is something we've seen before many times, but it could be interesting with this version of Morbius.

I like how he is holding back, and spoilers:
    how this comes to bite him in the ass.
    end of spoilers They avoid that whole thing being cheap.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Yeah, those wings creeped me out for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That last page is something we've seen before many times, but it could be interesting with this version of Morbius.

I like how he is holding back, and spoilers:
    how this comes to bite him in the ass.
    end of spoilers They avoid that whole thing being cheap.
    That part was fun, especially since it isn't just Morbius vs Spiderman, but then you have the Melter and Elizabeth. Fun set up. Was sort of hoping we'd get Miles instead of Pete, though.

Astonishing Member

I feel that Morbius should be in the pages of The X-Men, along with Kaine Parker. They would be a huge asset to the X-Verse....