Amazing Member

Default Dawn of X Collected Editions

If you are unaware, the current six titles are being collected in two different ways.

1. By title, with 6 issues from that title.
    2. By "Dawn of X", which is six books with one issue from all six ongoings in each book.

For those who plan on buying the trades, how do you plan on collecting them? Also, do you think any of them will get OHC besides Hickman?

If they're willing to group these series together in tpb, I wouldn't be surprised if these titles are grouped in an omnibus one day.

My guess is that, unless sales are amazing, they'll just do the collections with the issues in chronological order for the first six issues of each book, then drop down to releasing them just by title.

I'll probably just buy Excalibur TPBs. I'm enjoying DoX, but not enough to double dip across the whole line.

I noticed the collected edition format, too, and thought it was a bit strange. I'm sure individual trades for each title will be released but I do like the idea of this era being one complete story... even though I'm opting out of reading some of them. I'll most likely just buy the X-Men, New Mutants, and X-Force trades in addition to HoX/PoX obviously.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-24-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'll be buying Hox/PoX in tpb and most likely X-Force and X-Men. There is a good shot I'll buy more series as well as so far I like them all. Not sure which format I would buy though, I'd definitely prefer the individual series collected as a comprehensive story since I like to go back and re-read stuff, but the other format sounds interesting.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'll be buying Hox/PoX in tpb and most likely X-Force and X-Men. There is a good shot I'll buy more series as well as so far I like them all. Not sure which format I would buy though, I'd definitely prefer the individual series collected as a comprehensive story since I like to go back and re-read stuff, but the other format sounds interesting.
    The new format is also more new-reader friendly, I think. And it gets trades on the shelves more quickly for people who are curious after all the HoX/PoX hype.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The new format is also more new-reader friendly, I think. And it gets trades on the shelves more quickly for people who are curious after all the HoX/PoX hype.
    Yeah, exactly. The success of HoXPoX and the Dawn of X branding create a potential opportunity to get the stories into hands of more readers more quickly. I think it’s an interesting approach as well. Mostly I just want the risks to pay off. Anything that allows for more experiments and encourages bold choices.