I loved the Summers' Family-Day Outing. It was cute. I've wanted to see Rachel hanging with Daddy Scott for decades.

But it was also odd. Rachel had as much personality as mouldy (and kinda-bitchy) cardboard. Karoka can just bob-bob around in the ocean like a big rubber ducky? That was news to me. I hope none of the mutants who are going to be living there for eternity have issues with sea-sickness.

Some of the artwork was gorgeous. The page with the first appearance of the Summoner in the volcano was breathtaking, and I loved the half page with the pale white Summoner walking through the bright green tall grass about to meet the mutants.

I really loved every panel the Summoner appeared in. His character design is just so gorgeous and Yu drew him beautifully. I'm very intrigued with this new dude - the scene where he met his grand-pappy (=A=) and got a big sloppy hug was so sweet.

But I do wish Yu actually drew facial expressions on the main cast. It seems to be a problem with both X-Books this month. I don't really want to read comics that look like someone has just posed action figures and added speech balloons.