Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Basically “the dialog is stiff/robotic” stands for “I have to criticize this run but I don’t know why so I’ll get on this bandwagon”.
    That's not quite how that works.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Honestly, it suits me that a Summers is stiff and robotic. It's basically as Scott is always described.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post

It seems Excalibur and Otherworld are more relevant and tied to the island after all...
    This made me very happy. {}...A...{} definitely directed Betsy in the direction he wanted as we now know it was related to his Horsemen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier communicated with it but it was very basic like two foreigners with a travelsize book of each other’s languages trying to have a conversation. I don’t get why he couldn’t have accessed and downloaded Krakoa’s language from Doug and given that to any telepath in order to communicate with Krakoa like he has done in the past like with giving the X-men Russian so they could communicate with Illyana or alien languages

The Krakoan language was developed so mutants can have their own language like other cultures and it's taught to all mutants on the island via telepathy. I don't think there was anything on page (probably in those data pages) that it was developed to help the citizens communicate with Krakoa.

Although it looks like Apocalypse can talk to it. Nice plot hole, Hicky.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Krakoan language was developed so mutants can have their own language like other cultures and it's taught to all mutants on the island via telepathy. I don't think there was anything on page (probably in those data pages) that it was developed to help the citizens communicate with Krakoa.

They mention several times that there is the language of Krakoa (the island) and the language of Krakoa (the country).

Everyone can speak the language of the country because after all it is something Doug has invented. The language of the island is completely different because it is an abysmally different mind than ours. It is confusing that the country and the island have the same name, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I was referring to the mutant, not the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They mention several times that there is the language of Krakoa (the island) and the language of Krakoa (the country).

Everyone can speak the language of the country because after all it is something Doug has invented. The language of the island is completely different because it is an abysmally different mind than ours. It is confusing that the country and the island have the same name, I know.
    I really wish they had given the nation a different name bc it unnecesarily makes things confusing when discussing it and the mutant

Hickman continues to be overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    That's not quite how that works.
    It seems to be the case, at least from some. Scott is stiff though, I'm not reading stiff from the other characters thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was referring to the mutant, not the nation

I really wish they had given the nation a different name bc it unnecesarily makes things confusing when discussing it and the mutant
    Yes, they could have called it New Utopia or something like that. It is confusing to always be clarifying what you mean.

This was delightfully weird. Cable is such a teenager lol. I know people miss the old man, and he is great, but if I’m being honest I’ve been enjoying the younger Cable. He is the X-Men’s Damian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Hickman continues to be overhyped.
    Nah, he’s just way better at building big arcs than small moment stuff. He’s probably knackered after the insane production schedule for HoxPox too.

BANNED

It’s disgusting how little respect Cyclops has for Arrako. Imagine murdering animals and fauna because you don’t feel like wading through some bushes. He discarded the foliage like he discarded Madelyne.

Ha, that’s funny.

Put it on your calendar, kiddo.

Love.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Put it on your calendar, kiddo.

Love.
    One will be dead or gone before the time comes