Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I have to attribute Rachel to PTSD from what happened in the future with Ahab (how she got out of that remains completely unaddressed as well)
    It was fully addressed in Brisson's 'X-Force' where Stryfe and his Krang-Trio broke Ahab's conditioning on Rachel to use her as their puppet to track/kill the Askani. But then Mother Askani appeared to Rachel and helped give her the strength to free her mind from everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this issue.
    The main reasons being: the newness and interestingness of ALL of it...viz:
    1: Scott's interactions with his children. (not his usual, uptight, boring self, at all)
    2: Rachel and Nathan's interactions with each other as siblings. (easy and fun...I know it's probably not the same Nathan she mind-spoke with when he was just born in UXM 201...but still...)
    3: The Summoner and Krakoa+Arakko/Apocalypse history (I can't wait for more of this...loveloveLOVE!!!!).
    I mean technically yes this is the same Nate that she had/s a psi-bond with. It's how Rachel (as Mother Askani) was able to communicate easily with Nate as he was growing up. Whether or not any writer will acknowledge it (Brisson didn't) moving forward is up to them. But it's the same Nate, just an earlier version than the adult Cable she discovered the bond with (Excalibur #71)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I don’t believe for a minute that the original Cable won’t come back to be Hope‘s daddy again. Do you really think he didn’t remember killing himself as a teenager and make preparations for that day?
    No, bc the only way for the current stuff to work is for him to have been mindwiped of everthing that happened as Kid Cable in present day. Kid Cable is learning things that Cable never had knowledge of (the true identity of Scott and Jean for one) so either they are gonna have to say that Kid Cable is an AR version or he's gonna have to get mindwiped just as the time displaced O5 were so it doesnt break things

OG Cable will likely be back after the Teen is sent back to the future. The resurrection protocols can then be used on him

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was fully addressed in Brisson's 'X-Force' where Stryfe and his Krang-Trio broke Ahab's conditioning on Rachel to use her as their puppet to track/kill the Askani. But then Mother Askani appeared to Rachel and helped give her the strength to free her mind from everything.
    Oh ok. Well silly me then. I'll have to read that. Do you think this version of Rachel flows from her portrayal there?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Many people are divided on the issue but I thought it was great! The only downside was, unfortunately, the art. It wasn't terrible but just disappointing when you compare it to Yu's brilliant work on Superman : Birthright. Overall, I'm really enjoying this series and consider it my favorite of the launch titles alongside Excalibur.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I mean technically yes this is the same Nate that she had/s a psi-bond with. It's how Rachel (as Mother Askani) was able to communicate easily with Nate as he was growing up. Whether or not any writer will acknowledge it (Brisson didn't) moving forward is up to them. But it's the same Nate, just an earlier version than the adult Cable she discovered the bond with (Excalibur #71)
    Thanks for the clarification.
    The whole younger version coming back to kill the older version thing was...enh and convoluted...but...I can live with it.
    Being the same Nathan makes their interaction in XM 02 even more plausible and likable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Oh ok. Well silly me then. I'll have to read that. Do you think this version of Rachel flows from her portrayal there?
    nope, not even a little bit. The portrayals of her and Cable seem dramatically different from the end of X-Force. Again, things could have happened during the 6 months, but Cable is like a modern teenage boy vs a teen raised and trained to be a strategist and the leader of a rebellion. Rachel is not this sullen or snarky normally, but she's being written as the older and annoyed big sister from a sitcom. It's nice to see them interact as a family but I don't think they sound like how I would think they would if not written by Hickman.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah I like the androgynous look of the High Summoner but I wish Yu's art was as good as his Avengers.
    I love that as well...very interesting and engaging visual.
    Now I can't wait to meet/see the Horsemen and the other Summoners in panel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Cyclops is the POV character for X-Men.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm confused are there readers who think differently? I mean I don't even follow Kid Cable closely but several different series have hammered this issue home. Kid Cable is Cable no different than the Teen 05'ers being their Adult selves!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People are just conveniently forgetting that their personality was different when they were younger than as an adult. Askani'Son Cable was d-bag too.
    "Cable was right!"

Cyclops is the POV character for X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Is this actually true, didn't Hickman talk recently about certain fans wanting solo focused X-Men team books when they should actually be team focused?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m praying for you. We’ll make it through Jack Frost’s anus.
    Took me 'til TODAY to get the darn issue.

It was fun! Demon summoning! Hooray!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Is this actually true, didn't Hickman talk recently about certain fans wanting solo focused X-Men team books when they should actually be team focused?
    It's true, X-men have only cyclops as main character and the rest of the cast is rotating.
    I guess Hickman was just joking baout fans wanting team books to be solos, I really felt the irony here

People are just conveniently forgetting that their personality was different when they were younger than as an adult. Askani'Son Cable was d-bag too.
    We read it on Brisson and it was different from Hickman

BANNED

Ehh. I liked both and found them true. It's not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Ehh. I liked both and found them true. It's not a competition.
    The person said in another tweet that they loved both. They're different, but both good.