Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-MEN #2 Arakko Review *spoilers*

Scott took his children to investigate the new island as Krakoa is making a beeline for it. Loads of family banter between the Summers.
    Scott loves a single person and Krakoa mates with Arakko.
    The child of war meets up with Apocalypse as he promised to keep all of his children safe both from Krakoa and Arakko.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Scott loves a single person
    I don't know why this was not the single point of conversation in the preview thread discussing the issue.

Jean? Emma? Wolverine? Come on, Hickman, don't tease us.

-Dad, why all your adventures end in weird sex?
    -I don't know, son. I don't know

By the way, how should we interpret Cyclops? Does he love only one person? Does he love a person who is single? Does he lie because he is in front of the children? English is not my first language.

Did.... Scott just call nate a mistake? Lol
    This reminds me of me and my sister when we go fishing with dad. I always get something of the fish in my face when cleaning them.

it's deadass brick out here imma get this issue tomorrow
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

OBJECTION!!

I’ve been spoiled on the Scott love panels in question and I'm going to try to stave off so much confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickman (X-men #2)
    X: "Do you love someone?"

Scott: "Complicated Question."
    Subtext (1): "Because I love several people."

Scott: "But for the sake of expediency, let's just say yes. I love a single someone."
    Subtext (2): "To save time, I'll just say - yes, I love some one."
    Subtext (1):
    The several people that Scott loves:
    • His Family
    • His Friends
      (AND/OR)
    • Jean, Emma, & Logan's hot, throbbing bub

Subtext (2):
    Rather than explain familial love, friendship, or polyamory, which would take time, I'll just say that I love someone (Jean).

Hickman is playing with us.

And I love it.
    The script is vague enough to where whatever interpretation you take away from this exchange is correct.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

I guess now I have to quote my own posts:

It was deceptively light and fun. The deeper stuff - the lore and what I am sure was references to the Horsemen on Arakko spending millennia trying to beat back demons from Limbo - is rich and is likely going to be very important in future.

I liked the young Summoner a lot, and his moment with Apocalypse. The similarity to Star Brand or Black Swan from Hickman’s Avengers is quite clear but it works.
    As I said earlier, I loved the family time and dry banter with the Summers clan. Hickman’s style can be very dry but there is character and humor. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I like it a lot. They also clearly danced around the polyamory question again with Scott’s loaded response to the Summoner. He doesn’t love just one person but for the sake of expediting the conversation with that otherworldly young guy - as he says to him, for expediency - he sticks to what can be most simply said.

I think we have a war with Limbo/second Inferno coming our way soon. I’m pretty psyched. I love the linkages to deep X-lore like Limbo and Otherworld/Excalibur while also making something wholly new. I loved seeing Poccy the tender dad. And I still really like Kid Cable. Also happy Rachel got a good showing.

I really disliked this one. Very dry and boring dialogue. The reconnaissance of Arakko could have been a lot more fun and dynamic. Yu's art does't add anything to theses stories, as well. I'm hoping these first 4 issues with him are the only ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't know why this was not the single point of conversation in the preview thread discussing the issue.

Too busy complaining why 3 Summers are in this, forgetting Rachel and Nate are X-men too.

This wasn't great and has been disappointing so far. The dialogue was bad, the forced banter and attempts at humour between them was cringe inducing. I'd rather Hickman just focus on the grand narrative instead of trying to do character moments. The art definitely doesn't help, if there was a better artist on it it may help lift the stiffness of it all. I do like how it seems to be the opposite of decompression though. A lot is happening very quickly.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I don't know, for me they are well written. Simply the Summers are weird people.

This was so bland and tedious to read. It was like watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it's deadass brick out here imma get this issue tomorrow
    I’m praying for you. We’ll make it through Jack Frost’s anus.

Probably the single worst issue of Dawn of X.

The dialogue is stiff, my memory is so short I need to be reminded that Scott is a father on every page.

Kid Cable is a moron who needs to die.

The highlights of this issue or single best scene is between Apocalypse and the Summoner.

Scotts statement wasn't the talk of the preview thread because its actually insinuated that the situation is more complex but he will simplify it for the summoner

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Spoilers.

Also there is nothing romantic between logan and scott.

I don't like all this teasing, develop your characters first

Also Rachel forgeting to use her TP to comunicate with the summoner. This should be a first instinct

Also daddy POccy was so cute
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-13-2019 at 09:20 AM.