Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't think its fair to dismiss the characterization complaints like that. Being unhappy that characters aren't acting like themselves is a pretty legit criticism, especially for a series heavy on (convoluted) continuity and characterization.
    On a board where people swear that JDW is out to get Polaris and Colossus I can't point out that some people vision of character isn't unbiased. Lets play a game which is right

-Cyclops the rebel or Cyclops the boyscout
    -Wolverine the 200 year skilled experienced fighter or Wolverine the Berserker who jumps in with no plan
    -Jean the compassionate peaceful loving character or Jean the assertive take charge leader
    - Rachel who is recovering from being mind controlled or Rachel who well adjusted and assertive
    - Cable as no nonsense warrior or Cable who can finally act his age and isn't always badass
    - Scary hide in Dark Mr sinister or Flamboyant cooky Mr Sinister
    - Mutant Supremacist Magneto or Genuine leader of Mutants Magneto who is willing to cross the line for the greater good.

People being unhappy about characters is fine, People pretending there is only one right way not realize that characters can be multiple things is the bigger issue. Also characterization can be changed for the story the writer is telling and trying to move characters to certain place. The X-men are going through one of the big life changes ever and people are complaining that they aren't the same static characters. I am not the me from High School, I am not me from Before the Military , I am not the me before I was married. I am not the me I was before moving to a different position at my job. Real people can be vastly different but comic characters have to be "this thing". It is not perfect but the writer is clearly trying to move some characterizations and establish some new things.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-14-2019 at 12:27 AM.