Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    BANNED

Magneto's "mourning" seemed quite facetious to me. I didn't think it was intended to be taken in deadly earnest. He knows they can resurrect Charles and was being sarcastic while batting Psylocke around - 'mourning' is his excuse for giving her a pass. I thought FA was excellent.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. There was an actual party during Fallen Angels. Not losing sleep over Xavier being dead for a week is hardly a Summers exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Magneto's "mourning" seemed quite facetious to me. I didn't think it was intended to be taken in deadly earnest. He knows they can resurrect Charles and was being sarcastic while batting Psylocke around - 'mourning' is his excuse for giving her a pass. I thought FA was excellent.
    Yes, he is full of it there.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    On the whole “why isn’t Cyclops in mourning”, it seems clear that there is a discontinuity issue here. This story appears to belong before or perhaps concurrently with X-Force. Cyclops is clearly not aware of the death of Xavier in this story.
    When has Scottybuns ever allowed himself to feel?

We really can’t jump to the conclusion that everyone “knows” Charles can be successfully resurrected. We know as readers that he will be back at some point, but just because we have some contradictory covers and some possibly misleading solicitations we can’t categorically say he will be back soon. But again it’s a bit of a tangent to this issue.

For example there could be a plot line that keeps his resurrection secret from everyone apart from an inner circle.

Just as this thread has become preoccupied with characterisation issues so that one was preoccupied with ‘believability’ issues. It’s up to everyone what they want to talk about but unfortunately most people just like complaining about things they have no say over.

We could have chatted about the potential plot directions that X-Force will take because there are some logistical problems with bringing back Xavier. I tried to bring some of them up at the time. If we want we could jump on that thread and hash out where X-Force could take things but it probably won’t be ‘in a single bound Xavier was free’.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-16-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    When has Scottybuns ever allowed himself to feel?
    He feels deeply. But he keeps it all in. “Just like that robbery in 62..” sing along.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The actual problem with this issue is not all of your measly dialogue quibbles, it is that these three good boys didn't get their own chart! EPIC FAIL! #GameFreakLied #FreeTheNationalDex #ArakkoRegionNewPokémon

Uhr'Oggloth. Hool-go-Dir. Dur.

They need a one-shot, at least.

See them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

If we want we could jump on that thread and hash out where X-Force could take things but it probably won’t be ‘in a single bound Xavier was free’.
    No, but future covers for that book suggest the workaround is, if difficult, a bit obvious. There always had to be a redundancy system in place to factor in Xavier dying again. Point is, Magneto and Scott post-XF are evidently not awash in grief but seeing it as a setback or problem to be solved. Hence his behavior with Psylocke.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Also that's not even getting into the possibility Xavier in a way WANTED to be killed by aggressive humans, to spur on the creation of X-Force. Who knows? He seemed REALLY sloppy with having 0 security around as he warps into a nation that he's basically browbeaten into alliance.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

No, but future covers for that book suggest the workaround is, if difficult, a bit obvious. There always had to be a redundancy system in place to factor in Xavier dying again. Point is, Magneto and Scott post-XF are evidently not awash in grief but seeing it as a setback or problem to be solved. Hence his behavior with Psylocke.
    It mostly depends on the helmet being easy to replicate and Xavier’s role being easy for other telepaths. They have Xavier husks but no helmet, no external expertise and questions about exactly which Xavier backup they should use. Not to mention worries about a possible mole and intelligence over who knows or doesn’t know mutants have a resurrection protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Also that's not even getting into the possibility Xavier in a way WANTED to be killed by aggressive humans, to spur on the creation of X-Force. Who knows? He seemed REALLY sloppy with having 0 security around as he warps into a nation that he's basically browbeaten into alliance.
    See that’s where we branch onto tangent territory. Arguing about security was already a tangent in the X-Force thread.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    This is a disaster. I wonder if Hickman even lasts a year.
    The book was entirely redeemed by the last panels with Apocalypse.

Disaster? After Blue and Gold? Settle down.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Xavier has several mutant back-ups in case one set of "files" become lost or corrupted...including his own mind.
    We know Forge has built all the most current models of the Resurrection Helmet...he probably has one or two on hand.
    Jean is an Omega telepath, and is seen wearing one on the cover of an X-Force issue.

Sometimes 2+2=4 no matter how awful you are at Arithmetic.
    And besides, unless that scene is set in the past...Xavier is up an about having Heads of State meetings with Magneto and Apocalypse...at least going by another upcoming X-Men cover.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-17-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

See that’s where we branch onto tangent territory. Arguing about security was already a tangent in the X-Force thread.

The fact is Cassidy was right. Krakoa just let enter anyone with an X-gene without much control and we have alreday seen that the system is easy to deceive. In the other hand I can understand that Xavier wants Krakoa to be a Paradise and security controls about inmigration is not the most pleaseant thing once you come to a Paradise.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Hi There

I'm mostly a DC guy, but Hickman and his collaborators are doing something special here and they got me reading X Men again.

Much to my surprise I've really enjoyed X Men #1 and #2, especially this issue. It's a great story, with lots of interesting potential for the future.

The weird thing is that I can't forget House of X/Powers of X, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can't forget that this Scott is not the original, he came out of an egg. This is not his family. But the story makes me want to forget all that. It's so fun to see Scott try to be superdad to Rachel by offering to take her on a special vacation, or look at his goofy expression as he listens to his "children" fight. The three of them are fun together. All of it makes me want to relax, forget what I know, and just enjoy the story for what it is. But too much has happened for that. It's a strange tension, but it's working really well.