Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    No. I am stating what happened on the pages. They show what i am referencing. It is clear that Scott mentions to Rachel that she has helped to download the Krakoan language into the mind of every mutant's mind when they get to the island. Rachel replies, Right. Good idea. I should have thought of that. Nowhere in any of my posts do i mention "Rachel would have known to download English into his brain"
    What you don’t want to acknowledge is that Cyclops made a logical leap. That he told Rachel to try something that she hadn’t considered. That is not the same as Cyclops advising Rachel to do something she knows how to do.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just don't get the complaints about how "Extra Crispy" Cable is being written.

Did folks just never read the early appearances in New Mutants?
    IMO most people complaining about Young Cable prefer the Terminator ripoff so much they have forgotten any nuance he ever had. In may ways Cable had run his course. IMO Spurrier so thoroughly deconstructed him in his X-Force run (a forgotten gem of a book) that there was very little left to say about him.

Comics often have this problem. Characters are created with a specific purpose in mind, but because they are cool they stick around and they have to be expanded into new roles. Eventually they expand as far as their roots allow and then what do you do with them?

Everything has been said about them. Their book should be closed, but the owners of the IP categorically don’t want to close the book. The only choice is evolve into something new or be doomed to lurch on as zombie-IP, never being relevant or interesting outside of a narrow fan-base.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-24-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.