Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This issue bored me tbh.

I was struggling to care about anything that happened.
    Fortunately or unfortunately X-men will be one and done issue. This will obviously bore people. As Scott is the only constant cast in this book the demand for this book will always change depending on the rotating cast.

I liked the dialogues, I think the art made it look stiffer than it was.

IMG_20191113_161051.jpg

Lol at this

I really disliked the stilted dialog here. While there was plenty of interesting going's on... I couldn't have cared less about "dead eyes Rachel," "Nate the wild card," and "Weirdly Daddy Scott."

Fantastic Member

i hope hickman isn't setting up the happy Summers family feels just to tear it down in the future. if so, that would be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Fortunately or unfortunately X-men will be one and done issue. This will obviously bore people. As Scott is the only constant cast in this book the demand for this book will always change depending on the rotating cast.
    Clearly he is introducing things which are set up for future plots, but I dont like this type of format for the flagship title. It feels more fitting for a Cyclops solo or X-men Unlimited type book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm not saying characters shouldn't evolve - in fact, isn't it part of the appeal to read their adventures and personal Journey and growth for years sometime? I think it is - BUT it has to be done with attention and care, not bluntly like it is done here.
    But Scott and Rachel have been together many years. Scott raised Nathan a few scant years prior to his current age. Why shouldn’t they all be comfortable with each other by now? The camaraderie didn’t happen overnight, it’s been there. Hickman simply formalized it.

I have never venerated the original Cable and don’t particularly care he’s dead. I find the teen more dynamic. That’s just me though.

Honestly I think it might be the art thats making this dialogue a little harder to take. But thats just me. Wish we had Pepe on this first arc instead.

What we got in the HoX Krakoa celebration panels is what i wish the Summers BBQ was like and this Summers bonding adventure.

But anyways le Sighhhhh

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Clearly he is introducing things which are set up for future plots, but I dont like this type of format for the flagship title. It feels more fitting for a Cyclops solo or X-men Unlimited type book
    i think that was the point. this flagship title IS the unlimited type book. which in a way, kind of makes sense. seeing the long game through cyclops' lens as he is the only constant provides consistency despite the rotating cast.

He could use 2 or 3 issues arcs, with some background plots; One and done can be very underwhelming

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I liked the dialogues, I think the art made it look stiffer than it was.

IMG_20191113_161051.jpg

Lol at this
    True. Look at Scott's face as he delivered the dialogue. The art is very bad.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    i hope hickman isn't setting up the happy Summers family feels just to tear it down in the future. if so, that would be sad.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure in phase two the families, and the rectangle, will divide among Xavier vs Magneto vs Moira (vs Apocalypse, maybe).

Fantastic Member

Scott loves a single someone
    Single someone could be many things... Jean/Maddie/Phoenix are a single someone since they all are Jean in the end.

Great issue and I love the set up for future stories

I really dislike Hickman's Cable though. Not a fan of how he writes him at all.
    If you think that Cable just found his family again and wants to live his childhood and feel a little bit more like a teenager then it feels normal.

I think that stiff Yuu art is what makes the issue a bit disapponting. I give it 3,5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    This is a disaster. I wonder if Hickman even lasts a year.
    This is a bit laughable when you consider terrible Xmen Sagas/Arcs lasted years.

I thought the issue was great, I love awkward family time with dad joke Scott and his kids. Neat twist with the island sex and we even got some fun teasing about the relationship status going on between Emma/Scott/Jean/Logan. I dug it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott loves a single person .
    No, he said it was complicated, but said that to simplify, clearing indicating he loves more than one person.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post

This is a bit laughable when you consider terrible Xmen Sagas/Arcs lasted years.
    Hickman have some fat to burn from his #1 selling 255k. But he is already counting on a out of people doesn't like this